What is wrong with some tech photos

jtgstitch

The website shows it as its supposed to be for me. image.thumb.png.1b647110d68bd0e72ea063b7783d45c7.png

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

2 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

The website shows it as its supposed to be for me. 

They probably changed it, a few months ago i went to the XFX website and they still had the Lorem Ipsum placeholder text, by the time I told my friends they had changed it. Sadly I deleted the screenshot, it was pretty funny though

1 minute ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

They probably changed it, a few months ago i went to the XFX website and they still had the Lorem Ipsum placeholder text, by the time I told my friends they had changed it. Sadly I deleted the screenshot, it was pretty funny though

XFX RX 6900 XT

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Tech Specs:

I'll now keep an eye out for this. I'm fairly certain I once saw ASUS' listing for the X570-E say:

AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Rising™ processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M.2 Drives, USB 3.2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI

elephants

• 2 weeks later...

they said they had tofind out which one was the rtx grapghics cardimage.thumb.png.3e9e582bcfaee7bb90fe1e19f43420e7.png

42 minutes ago, jtgstitch said:

they said they had tofind out which one was the rtx grapghics cardimage.thumb.png.3e9e582bcfaee7bb90fe1e19f43420e7.png

Huh, it's the one that says 3900XT because that's a higher number than 3080. THe fact that the 3080 says rtx is just a marketing scam.

To actually attempt to approach this one:

This is a classic example of the problems with Editing and rastor images.  The thing about technical photos is theyre informational like text, but they’re in “art land” because they’re photos and as such frequently escape the editing that most text needs.  The old school solution to this was one used numbers or letters or something  and then the corresponding table could be edited. This baked the text into the photo so it couldn’t be edited. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 4/20/2021 at 7:28 PM, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

That’s called “greeking” because it was common to use Latin text, which this actually does.  Very old school.  Latin was used because it has the same “weight” as English but the idea is to not have any actual words in it because the idea is to avoid reading it.  Grey wide marker lines are also sometimes used.  It is used when a page needs to be laid out and designed but the actual body copy isn’t ready.  If for some reason someone screws up, the text isn’t replaced and the Greek typography gets printed.  There are examples of this particular oopsie from as far back as the 19th century. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 5 months later...