Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Don’t build a Hackintosh

Why is he wearing a hat indoors?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xnamkcor said:

Why is he wearing a hat indoors?

It's a winter hat,maybe it's cold there.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@3.9GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Vishera said:

It's a winter hat,maybe it's cold there.

A winter baseball cap?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xnamkcor said:

A winter baseball cap?

Oh,i thought you talked about this: 

mqdefault.jpg

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@3.9GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Oh,i thought you talked about this: 

mqdefault.jpg

That's a video on ShortCircuit. This don't get forum topics.

This is the forum topic for Don't Build a Hackintosh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, so assume another 10k per CPU, is it cheaper or more expensive than buying a real mac pro?

In other words, is there enough money saved to put up with the hassle of faking a mac?

Question is as always - use case...

 

1st of all this was in the end the wrong approach - at least after Threadripper came out and Open Core supported it - you can run 32-core Threadripper and build a Rhyzentosh for way less...

Youtuber Morgonaut showed a “world’s fastest” Hackintosh 6 month ago with Dual Readon VII and 32-core Threadripper – with working Thunderbolt etc. The whole setup was well below 10k - more like below 6k...and much faster.

 

2nd for most use cases you can easily build a hack that will do everything you need for the fraction of the cost of a Mac.

 

For an easy start i.e. look into Technollis Youtube Channel...

 

And then there is always the – “Has Apple even a product for you?” Question…

 

I.e. I needed a Mac that runs 4x 4k Displays but didn’t want an iMac or a MacBook – as the 4x 4k display already eat up all deskspace as is. I want a dedicated GPU and 64 GB Memory and 3-4 TB of SSD Storage...

Building a Hack to these specs was about 1300€ inkl. VAT and shipping….

Apple has nothing in their lineup – I could have bought a Mac Mini and use an eGPU or a Mac Pro 2019 but both at a much higher cost.

 

No - this is/was a very disappointing Video - actually the most dissapointing I have ever seen from LTT. And it is even very misleading… 🙄😒😠

I liked LLTs approach at the start (with nice case etc.) but in the end they should have reconsidered along the way…

 

Best regards,

Medizinmann

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shaneee said:

If you ever wish to revisit this but on the AMD side feel free to reach out to me. Whether it's a 5000 series or TRX40 I can help you out. My Discord and Website are on my profile or you can contact my with the email on my account.

 

Thanks,

Shaneee ( AMD-OSX.com )

That would be one I would like to see...

 

Nice would be two builds against an full blows Mac Pro - like a 5950x and a Threadripper Pro 64-core... 😉😃😎

 

Best regards,

Medizinmann

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Medizinmann said:

Question is as always - use case...

 

1st of all this was in the end the wrong approach - at least after Threadripper came out and Open Core supported it - you can run 32-core Threadripper and build a Rhyzentosh for way less...

Youtuber Morgonaut showed a “world’s fastest” Hackintosh 6 month ago with Dual Readon VII and 32-core Threadripper – with working Thunderbolt etc. The whole setup was well below 10k - more like below 6k...and much faster.

 

2nd for most use cases you can easily build a hack that will do everything you need for the fraction of the cost of a Mac.

 

For an easy start i.e. look into Technollis Youtube Channel...

 

And then there is always the – “Has Apple even a product for you?” Question…

 

I.e. I needed a Mac that runs 4x 4k Displays but didn’t want an iMac or a MacBook – as the 4x 4k display already eat up all deskspace as is. I want a dedicated GPU and 64 GB Memory and 3-4 TB of SSD Storage...

Building a Hack to these specs was about 1300€ inkl. VAT and shipping….

Apple has nothing in their lineup – I could have bought a Mac Mini and use an eGPU or a Mac Pro 2019 but both at a much higher cost.

 

No - this is/was a very disappointing Video - actually the most dissapointing I have ever seen from LTT. And it is even very misleading… 🙄😒😠

I liked LLTs approach at the start (with nice case etc.) but in the end they should have reconsidered along the way…

 

Best regards,

Medizinmann

I too was left somewhat dissatisfied with what had been building up to be a thrilling exploration of taking a different route to get to a powerful hack pro, the near equal or superior to Apple’s 2019 Mac Pro in almost every way.

 

I don’t blame Linus or the crew for loosing momentum on what was doomed to become a COVID build, seemingly taking 7 years for the one it actually took.

 

But, to repurpose the old saw, “perhaps the fault was more in our stars than in our selves.” Perhaps instead of *yawn* chasing what Apple *is* doing, what if Linus et al, had built the Mac Pro that SHOULD have been but never really was: a Haswell/Broadwell generation of Mac Pros with dual processors, nvme, thunderbolt three and ready to take some legacy hardware to reach back to some of the excellent music creation and video gear from the last decade. Something attainable, in the $750 to $1750 range. A true value ‘bridge’ machine to get us from here to the mature ARM pro we want Apple to have polished in 4 to 5 years.

 

Now that sounds ecxciting. Especially when you consider the oomph/$ it would have as a dual boot Windows 10 machine. I’m thinking I wouldn’t need much encouragement to start shopping parts right now.

 

I think Medizinmann and I may be talking the same machine, but with the opposite architecture. Who wants to play? Could be a lot of fun to figure out “The Mac Pro that Apple should have built”, follow the path not taken.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to say, but LTT phoned this one in.  They obviously didn't do any OS optimizations or could even bothered trying to get a proper SMBIOS setup for the machine they spent a year building. (They should be using iMac Pro 1,1 instead of MacPro 7,1).

 

For reference, here is a 18 core i9 with dual Radeon VII's.  The Metal scores show that both cards work just fine like in the real Mac Pro.

 

Maybe Linus should have given this project to Anthony? 🤣

 

763395802_ScreenShot2021-01-05at8_07_38AM.thumb.png.e513fc5adb458b9fffc1015cde43c8e0.png

1595759635_ScreenShot2021-01-05at8_03_02AM.png.549c08a18e9be1e843e6d1397876178e.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wupher said:

I too was left somewhat dissatisfied with what had been building up to be a thrilling exploration of taking a different route to get to a powerful hack pro, the near equal or superior to Apple’s 2019 Mac Pro in almost every way.

 

I don’t blame Linus or the crew for loosing momentum on what was doomed to become a COVID build, seemingly taking 7 years for the one it actually took.

 

But, to repurpose the old saw, “perhaps the fault was more in our stars than in our selves.” Perhaps instead of *yawn* chasing what Apple *is* doing, what if Linus et al, had built the Mac Pro that SHOULD have been but never really was: a Haswell/Broadwell generation of Mac Pros with dual processors, nvme, thunderbolt three and ready to take some legacy hardware to reach back to some of the excellent music creation and video gear from the last decade. Something attainable, in the $750 to $1750 range. A true value ‘bridge’ machine to get us from here to the mature ARM pro we want Apple to have polished in 4 to 5 years.

 

Now that sounds ecxciting. Especially when you consider the oomph/$ it would have as a dual boot Windows 10 machine. I’m thinking I wouldn’t need much encouragement to start shopping parts right now.

 

I think Medizinmann and I may be talking the same machine, but with the opposite architecture. Who wants to play? Could be a lot of fun to figure out “The Mac Pro that Apple should have built”, follow the path not taken.

Well - to be honest - to surpass a Mac Pro 2019 oomph/$ is actually quite easy.

The platform Apple choosed is just utter garbage in terms of bang/$.

Even Intel has a lot better things to offer here(also see i9 18-core) – and you would only need a Xeon W if you desperately need more than 256GB of memory – and I think the number of use cases here is very small.

 

But if the approach is to build the fastest hack – one should go with an AMD 64-core Threadripper Pro anyhow.

The only reason to go with Intel for a Hackintosh is compatibility – but that didn’t work out with this LLT build – mostly because of the flawed motherboard and obviously no SMBIOS optimisation whatsoever…

 

I used Intel for my hack(a NUC Hades Canyon to be exact) and everything just works – I mean just like everything – like sleep/hibernate (this still doesn’t work on AMD), iMessage, Airdrop and even TB 3 hot plugging etc. – some users use the TB3 5k display with identical specced builds without any need of extra adapters  – it just works…

 

And even updates just work…just keep Open Core and drivers updated before updating MacOS…

I mean I always do a carbon copy of my bootdrive before hand, just in case – but I would do this also with any genuine Mac - since I had even a lot more issues there than with my hack.

 

BTW: If you need a MacOS rig for music production – you should really look into TechNollis Youtube Channel – he is a music guy and always includes a test with music production and Logic Pro etc. - and sometimes also video editing with Final Cut. And he also does a lot of budget builds, builds with itx, mini pc/NUC etc – he uses Intel and AMD…and has step by step...tutorials. He also offers ready to use EFI-Folders and links to all needed tools/utilities on his website...

 

Best regards,

Medizinmann

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Medizinmann said:

Even Intel has a lot better things to offer here(also see i9 18-core) – and you would only need a Xeon W if you desperately need more than 256GB of memory – and I think the number of use cases here is very small.

 

This.

 

On my 18 core, the only apps that will even come close to fully utilizing all 18 cores on the processor is Handbrake and Adobe Media Encoder.  Premiere uses a max of 10 cores, After Effects uses a max of 8 cores while in the UI and only 2 for rendering, which is why they have all but dropped support for network rendering.  In Premiere, properly optimized plugins will use both GPUs and Resolve has no issue fully maxing out both.

 

As for memory, with 256GB installed, I have tried to get the system to use it all by intentionally leaving every "heavy" app running while working through a normal day's workflow and the absolute max I can get MacOS to use it just over 200GB.  Again, there really isn't a reason for more than 256GB unless you have some extremely specific use case.

 

As for the Intel vs AMD debate, sure AMD chips will run MacOS, but it's a big investment for partial compatibility, especially with Adobe apps. (No professional who makes money from their rig would do that)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2021 at 12:06 PM, NickHeavy said:

As long as you stick with mainstream hardware, go for it. lol

So why is the title directly misguiding and telling people the opposite? 

ƆԀ S₱▓Ɇ▓cs: i7 6ʇɥפᴉƎ00K (4.4ghz), Asus DeLuxe X99A II, GT҉X҉1҉0҉8҉0 Zotac Amp ExTrꍟꎭe),Si6F4Gb D???????r PlatinUm, EVGA G2 Sǝʌǝᘉ5ᙣᙍᖇᓎᙎᗅᖶt, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, 3TB WD Black, 500gb 850 Evo, H100iGeeTeeX, Windows 10, K70 R̸̢̡̭͍͕̱̭̟̩̀̀̃́̃͒̈́̈́͑̑́̆͘͜ͅG̶̦̬͊́B̸͈̝̖͗̈́, G502, HyperX Cloud 2s, Asus MX34. פN∩SW∀S 960 EVO

Just keeping this here as a backup 9̵̨̢̨̧̧̡̧̡̧̡̧̡̡̢̢̡̢̧̡̢̡̡̢̧̛̛̛̛̛̛̱̖͈̠̝̯̹͉̝̞̩̠̹̺̰̺̲̳͈̞̻̜̫̹̱̗̣͙̻̘͎̲̝͙͍͔̯̲̟̞͚̖̘͉̭̰̣͎͕̼̼̜̼͕͎̣͇͓͓͎̼̺̯͈̤̝͖̩̭͍̣̱̞̬̺̯̼̤̲͎̖̠̟͍̘̭͔̟̗̙̗̗̤̦͍̫̬͔̦̳̗̳͔̞̼̝͍̝͈̻͇̭̠͈̳͍̫̮̥̭͍͔͈̠̹̼̬̰͈̤͚̖̯͍͉͖̥̹̺͕̲̥̤̺̹̹̪̺̺̭͕͓̟̳̹͍̖͎̣̫͓͍͈͕̳̹̙̰͉͙̝̜̠̥̝̲̮̬͕̰̹̳͕̰̲̣̯̫̮͙̹̮͙̮̝̣͇̺̺͇̺̺͈̳̜̣̙̻̣̜̻̦͚̹̩͓͚̖͍̥̟͍͎̦͙̫̜͔̭̥͈̬̝̺̩͙͙͉̻̰̬̗̣͖̦͎̥̜̬̹͓͈͙̤̜̗͔̩̖̳̫̑̀̂̽̈́̈́̿͒̿̋̊͌̾̄̄̒̌͐̽̿̊͑̑̆͗̈̎̄͒̑̋͛̑͑̂͑̀͐̀͑̓͊̇͆̿͑͛͛͆́͆̓̿̇̀̓͑͆͂̓̾̏͊̀̇̍̃́̒̎̀̒̄̓̒̐̑̊̏̌̽̓͂͋̓̐̓͊̌͋̀̐̇̌̓̔͊̈̇́̏͒̋͊̓̆̋̈̀̌̔͆͑̈̐̈̍̀̉̋̈́͊̽͂̿͌͊̆̾̉͐̿̓̄̾͑̈́͗͗̂̂́̇͂̀̈́́̽̈́̓̓͂̽̓̀̄͌̐̔̄̄͒͌̈́̅̉͊̂͒̀̈́̌͂̽̀̑̏̽̀͑̐̐͋̀̀͋̓̅͋͗̍́͗̈́̆̏̇͊̌̏̔̑̐̈́͑̎͑͆̏̎́̑̍̏̒̌̊͘͘̚̕̚̕̕̚̕̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅ8̵̨̛̛̛̛̮͍͕̥͉̦̥̱̞̜̫̘̤̖̬͍͇͓̜̻̪̤̣̣̹̑͑̏̈́̐̐́̎͒̔͒̌̑̓̆̓͑̉̈́́͋̌͋͐͛͋̃̍̽̊͗͋͊̂̅͊͑́͋͛̉̏̓͌̾̈́̀͛͊̾͑̌̀̀̌̓̏̑́̄̉̌͂́͛̋͊̄͐͊̈́̀̌̆̎̿̓̔̍̎̀̍̚̕̕͘͘͘̕̚͝͝͠͠͠0̶̡̡̡̢̨̨͕̠̠͉̺̻̯̱̘͇̥͎͖̯͕̖̬̭͔̪̪͎̺̠̤̬̬̤̣̭̣͍̥̱̘̳̣̤͚̭̥͚̦͙̱̦͕̼͖͙͕͇̭͓͉͎̹̣̣͕̜͍͖̳̭͕̼̳̖̩͍͔̱̙̠̝̺̰̦̱̿̄̀͐͜͜ͅͅt̶̡̨̡̨̧̢̧̢̨̧̧̧̧̢̡̨̨̢̨̢̧̢̛̛̛̛̛̠͍̞̮͇̪͉̩̗̗͖̫͉͎͓̮̣̘̫͔̘̬̮̙̯̣͕͓̲̣͓͓̣̹̟͈̱͚̘̼̙̖̖̼̙̜̝͙̣̠̪̲̞̖̠̯̖̠̜̱͉̲̺͙̤̻̦̜͎̙̳̺̭̪̱͓̦̹̺͙̫̖̖̰̣͈͍̜̺̘͕̬̥͇̗̖̺̣̲̫̟̣̜̭̟̱̳̳̖͖͇̹̯̜̹͙̻̥̙͉͕̜͎͕̦͕̱͖͉̜̹̱̦͔͎̲̦͔̖̘̫̻̹̮̗̮̜̰͇̰͔̱͙̞̠͍͉͕̳͍̰̠̗̠̯̜̩͓̭̺̦̲̲͖̯̩̲̣̠͉̦̬͓̠̜̲͍̘͇̳̳͔̼̣͚̙͙͚͕̙̘̣̠͍̟̪̝̲͇͚̦̖͕̰̟̪͖̳̲͉͙̰̭̼̩̟̝̣̝̬̳͎̙̱͒̃̈͊̔͒͗̐̄̌͐͆̍͂̃̈́̾͗̅̐͒̓̆͛̂̾͋̍͂̂̄̇̿̈͌̅̈́̃̾̔̇̇̾̀͊͋̋̌̄͌͆͆̎̓̈́̾̊͊̇̌̔̈́̈́̀̐͊̊̍͑̊̈̓͑̀́̅̀̑̈́̽̃̽͛̇́̐̓̀͆̔̈̀̍̏̆̓̆͒̋́̋̍́̂̉͛̓̓̂̋̎́̒̏̈͋̃̽͆̓̀̔͑̈́̓͌͑̅̽́̐̍̉̑̓̈́͌̋̈́͂̊́͆͂̇̈́̔̃͌̅̈́͌͛̑̐̓̔̈́̀͊͛̐̾͐̔̾̈̃̈̄͑̓̋̇̉̉̚̕̚͘̕̚̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͠ͅͅͅͅͅi̵̢̧̢̧̡̧̢̢̧̢̢̢̡̡̡̧̧̡̡̧̛̛͈̺̲̫͕̞͓̥̖̭̜̫͉̻̗̭̖͔̮̠͇̩̹̱͈̗̭͈̤̠̮͙͇̲͙̰̳̹̲͙̜̟͚͎͓̦̫͚̻̟̰̣̲̺̦̫͓̖̯̝̬͉̯͓͈̫̭̜̱̞̹̪͔̤̜͙͓̗̗̻̟͎͇̺̘̯̲̝̫͚̰̹̫̗̳̣͙̮̱̲͕̺̠͉̫̖̟͖̦͉̟͈̭̣̹̱̖̗̺̘̦̠̯̲͔̘̱̣͙̩̻̰̠͓͙̰̺̠̖̟̗̖͉̞̣̥̝̤̫̫̜͕̻͉̺͚̣̝̥͇̭͎̖̦̙̲͈̲̠̹̼͎͕̩͓̖̥̘̱̜͙̹̝͔̭̣̮̗̞̩̣̬̯̜̻̯̩̮̩̹̻̯̬̖͂̈͂̒̇͗͑̐̌̎̑̽̑̈̈́͑̽́̊͋̿͊͋̅̐̈́͑̇̿̈́̌͌̊̅͂̎͆̏̓͂̈̿̏̃͑̏̓͆̔̋̎̕͘͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅZ̴̧̢̨̢̧̢̢̡̧̢̢̢̨̨̨̡̨̧̢̧̛̛̬̖͈̮̝̭̖͖̗̹̣̼̼̘̘̫̠̭̞͙͔͙̜̠̗̪̠̼̫̻͓̳̟̲̳̻̙̼͇̺͎̘̹̼͔̺̹̬̯̤̮̟͈̭̻͚̣̲͔͙̥͕̣̻̰͈̼̱̺̤̤͉̙̦̩̗͎̞͓̭̞̗͉̳̭̭̺̹̹̮͕̘̪̞̱̥͈̹̳͇̟̹̱̙͚̯̮̳̤͍̪̞̦̳̦͍̲̥̳͇̪̬̰̠͙͕̖̝̫̩̯̱̘͓͎̪͈̤̜͎̱̹̹̱̲̻͎̖̳͚̭̪̦̗̬͍̯̘̣̩̬͖̝̹̣̗̭͖̜͕̼̼̲̭͕͔̩͓̞̝͓͍̗̙̯͔̯̞̝̳̜̜͉̖̩͇̩̘̪̥̱͓̭͎͖̱̙̩̜͎̙͉̟͎͔̝̥͕͍͓̹̮̦̫͚̠̯͓̱͖͔͓̤͉̠͙̋͐̀͌̈́͆̾͆̑̔͂͒̀̊̀͋͑̂͊̅͐̿́̈́̐̀̏̋̃̄͆͒̈́̿̎́́̈̀̀͌̔͋͊̊̉̿͗͊͑̔͐̇͆͛̂̐͊̉̄̈́̄̐͂͂͒͑͗̓͑̓̾̑͋̒͐͑̾͂̎̋̃̽̂̅̇̿̍̈́́̄̍͂͑̏̐̾̎̆̉̾͂̽̈̆̔́͋͗̓̑̕͘̕͘͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͠͠͝ͅo̶̪͆́̀͂̂́̄̅͂̿͛̈́̿͊͗́͘͝t̴̡̨̧̨̧̡̧̨̡̢̧̢̡̨̛̪͈̣̭̺̱̪̹̺̣̬̖̣̻͈̞̙͇̩̻̫͈̝̭̟͎̻̟̻̝̱͔̝̼͍̞̼̣̘̤̯͓͉̖̠̤͔̜̙͚͓̻͓̬͓̻̜̯̱̖̳̱̗̠̝̥̩͓̗̪̙͓̖̠͎̗͎̱̮̯̮͙̩̫̹̹̖͙̙͖̻͈̙̻͇͔̙̣̱͔̜̣̭̱͈͕̠̹͙̹͇̻̼͎͍̥̘͙̘̤̜͎̟͖̹̦̺̤͍̣̼̻̱̲͎̗̹͉͙̪̞̻̹͚̰̻͈͈͊̈́̽̀̎̃̊́̈́̏̃̍̉̇̑̂̇̏̀͊̑̓͛̽͋̈́͆́̊͊̍͌̈́̓͊̌̿̂̾̐͑̓̀́͒̃̋̓͆̇̀͊̆͗̂͑͐̀͗̅̆͘̕͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅḁ̶̢̡̨̧̡̡̨̨̧̨̡̡̢̧̨̡̡̛̛̛͍̱̳͚͕̩͍̺̪̻̫̙͈̬͙̖͙̬͍̬̟̣̝̲̼̜̼̺͎̥̮̝͙̪̘̙̻͖͇͚͙̣̬̖̲̲̥̯̦̗̰̙̗̪̞̗̩̻̪̤̣̜̳̩̦̻͓̞̙͍͙̫̩̹̥͚̻̦̗̰̲̙̫̬̱̺̞̟̻͓̞͚̦̘̝̤͎̤̜̜̥̗̱͈̣̻̰̮̼̙͚͚̠͚̲̤͔̰̭̙̳͍̭͎̙͚͍̟̺͎̝͓̹̰̟͈͈̖̺͙̩̯͔̙̭̟̞̟̼̮̦̜̳͕̞̼͈̜͍̮͕̜͚̝̦̞̥̜̥̗̠̦͇͖̳͈̜̮̣͚̲̟͙̎̈́́͊̔̑̽̅͐͐͆̀͐́̓̅̈͑͑̍̿̏́͆͌̋̌̃̒̽̀̋̀̃̏̌́͂̿̃̎̐͊̒̀̊̅͒̎͆̿̈́̑̐̒̀̈́̓̾͋͆̇̋͒̎̈̄̓̂͊̆͂̈́̒̎͐̇̍̆̋̅̿̔͒̄̇̂̋̈́͆̎̔̇͊̊̈́̔̏͋́̀͂̈́̊͋͂̍̾̓͛̇̔̚͘̚̕̚͘͘̕̕̕̚͘͘̚̕̚̕͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅç̵̧̢̨̢̢̢̧̧̡̨̡̢̧̧̧̨̡̡̨̨̢̢̢̧̨̢̨̢̛̛͉̗̠͇̹̖̝͕͚͎̟̻͓̳̰̻̺̞̣͚̤͙͍͇̗̼͖͔͕͙͖̺͙̖̹̘̘̺͓̜͍̣̰̗̖̺̗̪̘̯̘͚̲͚̲̬̞̹̹͕̭͔̳̘̝̬͉̗̪͉͕̞̫͔̭̭̜͉͔̬̫͙̖̙͚͔͙͚͍̲̘͚̪̗̞̣̞̲͎͔͖̺͍͎̝͎͍̣͍̩̟͈͕̗͉̪̯͉͎͖͍̖͎̖̯̲̘̦̟̭͍͚͓͈͙̬͖̘̱̝̜̘̹̩̝̥̜͎̬͓̬͙͍͇͚̟̫͇̬̲̥̘̞̘̟̘̝̫͈̙̻͇͎̣̪̪̠̲͓͉͙͚̭̪͇̯̠̯̠͖̞̜͓̲͎͇̼̱̦͍͉͈͕͉̗̟̖̗̱̭͚͎̘͓̬͍̱͍̖̯̜̗̹̰̲̩̪͍̞̜̫̩̠͔̻̫͍͇͕̰̰̘͚͈̠̻̮͊̐̿̏̐̀̇̑̐̈͛͑͑̍̑̔̃̈́̓̈́̇̐͑̐̊̆͂̀̏͛̊̔̍̽͗͋̊̍̓̈́̏̅͌̀̽́̑͒͒̓͗̈́̎͌͂̕̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅS̵̡̡̧̧̨̨̡̢̡̡̡̡̧̧̡̧̢̫̯͔̼̲͉͙̱̮̭̗͖̯̤͙̜͚̰̮̝͚̥̜̞̠̤̺̝͇̻̱͙̩̲̺͍̳̤̺̖̝̳̪̻̗̮̪̖̺̹̭͍͇̗̝̱̻̳̝̖̝͎̙͉̞̱̯̙̜͇̯̻̞̱̭̗͉̰̮̞͍̫̺͙͎̙̞̯̟͓͉̹̲͖͎̼̫̩̱͇̲͓̪͉̺̞̻͎̤̥̭̺̘̻̥͇̤̖̰̘̭̳̫̙̤̻͇̪̦̭̱͎̥̟͖͕̣̤̩̟̲̭̹̦̹̣͖̖͒̈́̈́̓͗̈̄͂̈́̅̐̐̿̎̂͗̎̿̕͘͜͜͜͜͝͝ͅͅt̸̡̡̧̧̨̡̢̛̥̥̭͍̗͈̩͕͔͔̞̟͍̭͇̙̺̤͚͎͈͎͕̱͈̦͍͔͓̬͚̗̰̦͓̭̰̭̎̀̂̈́̓̒̈́̈́̂̄̋́̇̂͐͒̋̋̉͐̉̏̇͋̓̈́͐̾͋̒͒͐̊̊̀̄͆̄͆̑͆̇̊̓̚̚̕̚̕͜͠͝͝ͅͅơ̵̡̨̡̡̡̨̛̺͕̼͔̼̪̳͖͓̠̘̘̳̼͚͙͙͚̰͚͚͖̥̦̥̘̖̜̰͔̠͕̦͎̞̮͚͕͍̤̠̦͍̥̝̰̖̳̫̮̪͇̤̱̜͙͔̯͙̙̼͇̹̥̜͈̲̺̝̻̮̬̼̫̞̗̣̪̱͓̺̜̠͇͚͓̳̹̥̳̠͍̫͈̟͈̘̯̬̞͔̝͍͍̥̒̐͗͒͂͆̑̀̿̏́̀͑͗̐́̀̾̓́̌̇̒̈́̌̓͐̃̈́̒̂̀̾͂̊̀̂͐̃̄̓̔̽̒̈́̇̓͌̇̂̆̒̏̊̋͊͛͌̊̇̒̅͌̄̎̔̈́͊́̽̋̈̇̈́́͊̅͂̎̃͌͊͛͂̄̽̈́̿͐̉̽̿́́̉͆̈́̒́̂̾̄̇̌̒̈̅̍̿̐͑̓͊̈́̈̋̈́̉̍̋̊̈̀̈́̾̿̌̀̈́͌̑̍́̋̒̀̂̈́́̾̏̐̅̈̑͗͐̈͂̄̾̄̈́̍̉͑͛͗͋̈́̃̄̊́́͐̀̀̽̇̓̄̓̃͋͋̂̽̔̀̎͌̈́̈́̑̓̔̀̓͐͛͆̿̋͑͛̈́͂̅̋̅͆͗̇́̀̒́̏͒̐̍͂̓͐͐̇̂̉̑̊͑̉̋̍͊̄̀͂̎͒̔͊̃̏̕̚̕̕͘͘͘̚͘̚͘̕͘̚͘̚̚̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅc̴̨̡̢̢̢̡̡̢̛̛̛̻͇̝̣͉͚͎͕̻̦͖̤̖͇̪̩̤̻̭̮̙̰̖̰̳̪̱̹̳̬͖̣͙̼̙̰̻̘͇͚̺̗̩̫̞̳̼̤͔͍͉̟͕̯̺͈̤̰̹̍̋́͆̾̆̊͆͋̀͑͒̄̿̄̀̂͋̊͆́͑̑̽͊̓́̔̽̌͊̄͑͒͐̑͗̿̃̀̓̅́̿͗̈́͌̋̀̏̂͌̓́̇̀͒͋̌̌̅͋͌̆͐̀̔̒͐̊̇̿̽̀̈́̃̒̋̀̈́̃̏̂̊͗̑̊̈̇̀̌͐̈́̉̂̏͊̄͐̈̽͒̏̒̓́̌̓̅́̓̃͐͊͒̄͑̒͌̍̈́̕͘̚͘̕͘̚̕͜͝͠͝͝͝ͅǩ̴̢̢̢̧̨̢̢̢̨̨̨̢̢̢̨̧̨̡̡̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̜̥̩̙͕̮̪̻͈̘̯̼̰̜͚̰͖̬̳͖̣̭̼͔̲͉̭̺͚̺̟͉̝̱̲͎͉̙̥̤͚͙̬̪̜̺͙͍̱̞̭̬̩̖̤̹̤̺̦͈̰̗̰͍͇̱̤̬̬͙̙̲̙̜͖͓̙̟̙̯̪͍̺̥͔͕̝̳̹̻͇̠̣͈̰̦͓͕̩͇͈͇̖͙͍̰̲̤̞͎̟̝̝͈͖͔͖̦̮̗̬̞̞̜̬̠̹̣̣̲̮̞̤̜̤̲̙͔͕̯͔͍̤͕̣͔͙̪̫̝̣̰̬̬̭̞͔̦̟̥̣̻͉͈̮̥̦̮̦͕̤͇̺͆͆̈͗̄̀̌̔̈́̈̉̾̊̐̆̂͛̀̋́̏̀̿͒̓̈́̈́͂̽̾͗͊̋̐̓̓̀̃̊̊͑̓̈̎̇͑̆̂̉̾̾̑͊̉̃́̑͌̀̌̐̅̃̿̆̎̈́̀̒́͛̓̀̊́̋͛͒͊̆̀̃̊͋̋̾̇̒̋͂̏͗͆̂̔́̐̀́͗̅̈̋̂̎̒͊̌̉̈̈́͌̈́̔̾̊̎́͐͒̋̽̽́̾̿̚̕͘͘̚̕̕̕̚̚̕̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅB̸̢̧̨̡̢̧̨̡̡̨̡̨̡̡̡̢̨̢̨̛̛̛̛̛̛͉̞͚̰̭̲͈͎͕͈̦͍͈̮̪̤̻̻͉̫̱͔̞̫̦̰͈̗̯̜̩̪̲̻̖̳͖̦͎͔̮̺̬̬̼̦̠̪̤͙͍͓̜̥̙̖̫̻̜͍̻̙̖̜̹͔̗̪̜̖̼̞̣̠̫͉̯̮̤͈͎̝̪͎͇͙̦̥͙̳̫̰̪̣̱̘̤̭̱͍̦͔̖͎̺̝̰̦̱̣͙̙̤͚̲͔̘̱̜̻͔̥̻͖̭͔̜͉̺͕͙͖̜͉͕̤͚̠̩̮̟͚̗͈͙̟̞̮̬̺̻̞͔̥͉͍̦̤͓̦̻̦̯̟̰̭̝̘̩̖̝͔̳͉̗̖̱̩̩̟͙͙͛̀͐̈́̂̇͛̅̒̉̏̈́̿͐́̏̃̏̓̌̽͐̈́͛̍͗͆͛̋̔̉͂̔̂̓̌͌͋̂͆̉͑̊̎́̈́̈̂͆͑́̃̍̇̿̅̾́́̿̅̾̆̅̈́̈̓͒͌͛̃͆̋͂̏̓̅̀͂̽̂̈̈́̎̾̐͋͑̅̍̈́̑̅̄͆̓̾̈́͐̎̊͐̌̌̓͊̊̔̈́̃͗̓͊͐̌͆̓͗̓̓̾̂̽͊͗́́́̽͊͆͋͊̀̑̿̔͒̏̈́́̏͆̈́͋̒͗͂̄̇̒͐̃͑̅̍͒̎̈́̌̋́̓͂̀̇͛̋͊͆̈́̋́̍̃͒̆̕̚̚̕̕̕͘̕̚̚͘̕͜͜͜͜͝͠͠͝͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅI̵̡̢̧̨̡̢̨̡̡̢̡̧̡̢̢̢̡̢̛̛͕͎͕̩̠̹̩̺̣̳̱͈̻̮̺̟̘̩̻̫͖̟͓̩̜̙͓͇̙̱̭̰̻̫̥̗̠͍͍͚̞̘̫͉̬̫̖̖̦͖͉̖̩̩̖̤̺̥̻̝͈͎̻͓̟̹͍̲͚͙̹̟̟̯͚̳̟͕̮̻̟͈͇̩̝̼̭̯͚͕̬͇̲̲̯̰̖̙̣̝͇̠̞̙͖͎̮̬̳̥̣̺̰͔̳̳̝̩̤̦̳̞̰̩̫̟͚̱̪̘͕̫̼͉̹̹̟̮̱̤̜͚̝̠̤̖̮̯̳͖̗̹̞̜̹̭̿̏͋̒͆̔̄̃̾̓͛̾̌́̅̂͆̔͌͆͋̔̾́̈̇̐̄̑̓̂̾́̄̿̓̅̆͌̉̎̏̄͛̉͆̓̎͒͘̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͠ͅͅƠ̷̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̟̰͔͔͇̲̰̮̘̭̭̖̥̟̘̠̬̺̪͇̲͋͂̅̈́̍͂̽͗̾͒̇̇̒͐̍̽͊́̑̇̑̾̉̓̈̾͒̍̌̅̒̾̈́̆͌̌̾̎̽̐̅̏́̈̔͛̀̋̃͊̒̓͗͒̑͒̃͂̌̄̇̑̇͛̆̾͛̒̇̍̒̓̀̈́̄̐͂̍͊͗̎̔͌͛̂̏̉̊̎͗͊͒̂̈̽̊́̔̊̃͑̈́̑̌̋̓̅̔́́͒̄̈́̈̂͐̈̅̈̓͌̓͊́̆͌̉͐̊̉͛̓̏̓̅̈́͂̉̒̇̉̆̀̍̄̇͆͛̏̉̑̃̓͂́͋̃̆̒͋̓͊̄́̓̕̕̕̚͘͘͘̚̕̚͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠ͅS̷̢̨̧̢̡̨̢̨̢̨̧̧̨̧͚̱̪͇̱̮̪̮̦̝͖̜͙̘̪̘̟̱͇͎̻̪͚̩͍̠̹̮͚̦̝̤͖̙͔͚̙̺̩̥̻͈̺̦͕͈̹̳̖͓̜͚̜̭͉͇͖̟͔͕̹̯̬͍̱̫̮͓̙͇̗̙̼͚̪͇̦̗̜̼̠͈̩̠͉͉̘̱̯̪̟͕̘͖̝͇̼͕̳̻̜͖̜͇̣̠̹̬̗̝͓̖͚̺̫͛̉̅̐̕͘͜͜͜͜ͅͅͅ.̶̨̢̢̨̢̨̢̛̻͙̜̼̮̝̙̣̘̗̪̜̬̳̫̙̮̣̹̥̲̥͇͈̮̟͉̰̮̪̲̗̳̰̫̙͍̦̘̠̗̥̮̹̤̼̼̩͕͉͕͇͙̯̫̩̦̟̦̹͈͔̱̝͈̤͓̻̟̮̱͖̟̹̝͉̰͊̓̏̇͂̅̀̌͑̿͆̿̿͗̽̌̈́̉̂̀̒̊̿͆̃̄͑͆̃̇͒̀͐̍̅̃̍̈́̃̕͘͜͜͝͠͠z̴̢̢̡̧̢̢̧̢̨̡̨̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̲͚̠̜̮̠̜̞̤̺͈̘͍̻̫͖̣̥̗̙̳͓͙̫̫͖͍͇̬̲̳̭̘̮̤̬̖̼͎̬̯̼̮͔̭̠͎͓̼̖̟͈͓̦̩̦̳̙̮̗̮̩͙͓̮̰̜͎̺̞̝̪͎̯̜͈͇̪̙͎̩͖̭̟͎̲̩͔͓͈͌́̿͐̍̓͗͑̒̈́̎͂̋͂̀͂̑͂͊͆̍͛̄̃͌͗̌́̈̊́́̅͗̉͛͌͋̂̋̇̅̔̇͊͑͆̐̇͊͋̄̈́͆̍̋̏͑̓̈́̏̀͒̂̔̄̅̇̌̀̈́̿̽̋͐̾̆͆͆̈̌̿̈́̎͌̊̓̒͐̾̇̈́̍͛̅͌̽́̏͆̉́̉̓̅́͂͛̄̆͌̈́̇͐̒̿̾͌͊͗̀͑̃̊̓̈̈́̊͒̒̏̿́͑̄̑͋̀̽̀̔̀̎̄͑̌̔́̉̐͛̓̐̅́̒̎̈͆̀̍̾̀͂̄̈́̈́̈́̑̏̈́̐̽̐́̏̂̐̔̓̉̈́͂̕̚̕͘͘̚͘̚̕̚̚̚͘̕̕̕͜͜͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅī̸̧̧̧̡̨̨̢̨̛̛̘͓̼̰̰̮̗̰͚̙̥̣͍̦̺͈̣̻͇̱͔̰͈͓͖͈̻̲̫̪̲͈̜̲̬̖̻̰̦̰͙̤̘̝̦̟͈̭̱̮̠͍̖̲͉̫͔͖͔͈̻̖̝͎̖͕͔̣͈̤̗̱̀̅̃̈́͌̿̏͋̊̇̂̀̀̒̉̄̈́͋͌̽́̈́̓̑̈̀̍͗͜͜͠͠ͅp̴̢̢̧̨̡̡̨̢̨̢̢̢̨̡̛̛͕̩͕̟̫̝͈̖̟̣̲̖̭̙͇̟̗͖͎̹͇̘̰̗̝̹̤̺͉͎̙̝̟͙͚̦͚͖̜̫̰͖̼̤̥̤̹̖͉͚̺̥̮̮̫͖͍̼̰̭̤̲͔̩̯̣͖̻͇̞̳̬͉̣̖̥̣͓̤͔̪̙͎̰̬͚̣̭̞̬͎̼͉͓̮͙͕̗̦̞̥̮̘̻͎̭̼͚͎͈͇̥̗͖̫̮̤̦͙̭͎̝͖̣̰̱̩͎̩͎̘͇̟̠̱̬͈̗͍̦̘̱̰̤̱̘̫̫̮̥͕͉̥̜̯͖̖͍̮̼̲͓̤̮͈̤͓̭̝̟̲̲̳̟̠͉̙̻͕͙̞͔̖͈̱̞͓͔̬̮͎̙̭͎̩̟̖͚̆͐̅͆̿͐̄̓̀̇̂̊̃̂̄̊̀͐̍̌̅͌̆͊̆̓́̄́̃̆͗͊́̓̀͑͐̐̇͐̍́̓̈́̓̑̈̈́̽͂́̑͒͐͋̊͊̇̇̆̑̃̈́̎͛̎̓͊͛̐̾́̀͌̐̈́͛̃̂̈̿̽̇̋̍͒̍͗̈͘̚̚͘̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͠͝͝ͅͅͅ☻♥■∞{╚mYÄÜXτ╕○\╚Θº£¥ΘBM@Q05♠{{↨↨▬§¶‼↕◄►☼1♦  wumbo╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2021 at 10:06 AM, NickHeavy said:

As long as you stick with mainstream hardware, go for it. lol

You need to quote people for them to see your replies.


love the non clickbait title.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

 

 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

Legion y520 | i5 7300hq | 1050 4gb (Manual OC) | 16gb 2400Mhz cl18 | 256 GB SSD | 2tb HDD

Server:

Xeon E3 1245 | 16gb ECC ram | 256 GB SSD | 2*2tb HDD

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, six60six said:

This.

 

On my 18 core, the only apps that will even come close to fully utilizing all 18 cores on the processor is Handbrake and Adobe Media Encoder.  Premiere uses a max of 10 cores, After Effects uses a max of 8 cores while in the UI and only 2 for rendering, which is why they have all but dropped support for network rendering.  In Premiere, properly optimized plugins will use both GPUs and Resolve has no issue fully maxing out both.

 

As for memory, with 256GB installed, I have tried to get the system to use it all by intentionally leaving every "heavy" app running while working through a normal day's workflow and the absolute max I can get MacOS to use it just over 200GB.  Again, there really isn't a reason for more than 256GB unless you have some extremely specific use case.

 

As for the Intel vs AMD debate, sure AMD chips will run MacOS, but it's a big investment for partial compatibility, especially with Adobe apps. (No professional who makes money from their rig would do that)

My memory usage usually goes up to 40 GB of my 64 GB – never seen more – but I don’t do video editing.

How about DaVinci Resolve(I read somewhere scales up to 16 cores?), Blender, Logic Pro X? Just courius....

 

58 minutes ago, six60six said:

As for the Intel vs AMD debate, sure AMD chips will run MacOS, but it's a big investment for partial compatibility, especially with Adobe apps. (No professional who makes money from their rig would do that)

I partly disagree…

 

1st of all – it strongly depends on your use case and how much compatibility you need. I for instance don’t have any use case for any Adobe Product on my Hackintosh whatsoever. I could even easily live without compatibility for iMessage, Airdrop, Handoff etc.

I went with the NUC Hades Canyon as it was very very simple and I like the small form factor and it meets my demands…the whole install needed like one hour or so…and I like the sleep function (that wouldn’t work with AMD).

So if one doesn’t need 100% compatibility – an AMD – especially for the budget build it is absolutely fine…

Look into TechNollis or Morgonauts or Tech Labs or...

 

2nd as far as my research goes – with Open Core even Adobe products run happily on Threadripper Rhzyentosh…

 

…and as I said – the main reason for going with Intel would be much easier to reach close to 100% compatibility and thus more ease of build – but exactly that went completely wrong with the LTT-Build...

Again - IMHO one of the most dissapointing videos from LTT.

 

Best regards,

Medizinmann

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Medizinmann said:

My memory usage usually goes up to 40 GB of my 64 GB – never seen more – but I don’t do video editing.

How about DaVinci Resolve(I read somewhere scales up to 16 cores?), Blender, Logic Pro X? Just courius....

 

I partly disagree…

 

1st of all – it strongly depends on your use case and how much compatibility you need. I for instance don’t have any use case for any Adobe Product on my Hackintosh whatsoever. I could even easily live without compatibility for iMessage, Airdrop, Handoff etc.

I went with the NUC Hades Canyon as it was very very simple and I like the small form factor and it meets my demands…the whole install needed like one hour or so…and I like the sleep function (that wouldn’t work with AMD).

So if one doesn’t need 100% compatibility – an AMD – especially for the budget build it is absolutely fine…

Look into TechNollis or Morgonauts or Tech Labs or...

 

2nd as far as my research goes – with Open Core even Adobe products run happily on Threadripper Rhzyentosh…

 

…and as I said – the main reason for going with Intel would be much easier to reach close to 100% compatibility and thus more ease of build – but exactly that went completely wrong with the LTT-Build...

Again - IMHO one of the most dissapointing videos from LTT.

 

Best regards,

Medizinmann

I'm just curious as to your view on what the point of running a Hackintosh that doesn't do what a Mac is good at in the first place is then?

 

As far as the Adobe stuff, most of it "runs" on AMD hacks, but none of it runs properly, particularly anything that needs Intel instruction sets like certain functions in Photoshop (liquify, warp, etc as well as the neural filters) and the Camera Tracking and Stabilize functions in After Effects don't work (huge if you use AE).  InDesign and Lightroom Classic don't run at all.  Sure people like Morgonauts love to get their views just like Linus by posting that these things "work" but how many of them actually use the machine in a day-to-day production environment?  She doesn't even specify how she does half the stuff she claims under the guise of "Apple legal". (The threads on AMD-OSX about this are comical). The only way to get Adobe stuff to run 100% on Threadripper from what I know is through emulation, which on a 3970x, you could do, but it would be a huge waste of money.

 

I am all for AMD chips, and currently have a 3950x / RTX 3090 as the 2nd part of my "Beast" dual system, but it's much easier to just keep MacOS on Intel and Windows on AMD IMO, especially when getting into the HEDT world where you're dropping $5-20k on a system. (Still cheaper than a loaded MacPro) :)

 

Back to the LTT Hackintosh, I would love to see the PCI devices under the System Profiler.  Willing to bet they didn't create custom DSDT/SSDT's for anything...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2021 at 1:21 PM, jzjherd said:

Does anyone know what cable he was talking about at the start of the video? Displayport + usb to apple pro display/thunderbolt display (lg 5k in my case) is actually a use case that I need. Ideally it would work with windows but who knows if that's the case.

 

18 hours ago, docwats said:

What's the USB+Display port to USB-C adapter that supports display stream compression mentioned at 2:35?
https://youtu.be/73E9Nb8mdjk?t=155

 

 

11 hours ago, OctLeaf said:

I need this so much! Please, anyone?

Would be great to hear what brand exactly they are using here (hopefully with usb3 support), but it probably is similar to this belkin cable using displayport alt mode.

 

https://www.giztop.com/belkin-charge-and-sync-cable-for-huawei-vr-glass.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, six60six said:

I'm just curious as to your view on what the point of running a Hackintosh that doesn't do what a Mac is good at in the first place is then?

I need a Mac solely to run Osrix MD - as this software isn't available for Windows or Linux.

 

28 minutes ago, six60six said:

As far as the Adobe stuff, most of it "runs" on AMD hacks, but none of it runs properly, particularly anything that needs Intel instruction sets like certain functions in Photoshop (liquify, warp, etc as well as the neural filters) and the Camera Tracking and Stabilize functions in After Effects don't work (huge if you use AE).  InDesign and Lightroom Classic don't run at all.  Sure people like Morgonauts love to get their views just like Linus by posting that these things "work" but how many of them actually use the machine in a day-to-day production environment?  She doesn't even specify how she does half the stuff she claims under the guise of "Apple legal".

So all these functions would also run on AMD in an emulation on a Windows machine either?
Benchmark results (i.e. for Lightroom Classic and After Effects) from i.e. Puget Systems on AMD look pretty good - but yeah running WIn 10...

 

31 minutes ago, six60six said:

(The threads on AMD-OSX about this are comical). The only way to get Adobe stuff to run 100% on Threadripper from what I know is through emulation, which on a 3970x, you could do, but it would be a huge waste of money.

Well, it would be, when you would buy it solely for that purpose...as I said – use case…

BTW: Several Youtubers go with Threadripper systems for their video production – at least many say it...

But I am no expert for either video editing or audio editing...

 

38 minutes ago, six60six said:

I am all for AMD chips, and currently have a 3950x / RTX 3090 as the 2nd part of my "Beast" dual system, but it's much easier to just keep MacOS on Intel and Windows on AMD IMO, especially when getting into the HEDT world where you're dropping $5-20k on a system. (Still cheaper than a loaded MacPro)

That is a hell of a setup!

 

As I already said - I totally agree and I also use Intel for my Hackintosh for the ease of use/install...

 

 

39 minutes ago, six60six said:

Back to the LTT Hackintosh, I would love to see the PCI devices under the System Profiler.  Willing to bet they didn't create custom DSDT/SSDT's for anything...

Well - I would really like to see a follow up...

 

Best reagrds,

Medizinmann

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DigitalSnow said:

 

 

Would be great to hear what brand exactly they are using here (hopefully with usb3 support), but it probably is similar to this belkin cable using displayport alt mode.

 

https://www.giztop.com/belkin-charge-and-sync-cable-for-huawei-vr-glass.html

That's part of why I'm so interested. I can get my display running with usb-c support (4k) just fine through the virtual-link connection on a 2080; however, when trying to get to 5k  resolution it doesn't work since that has a requirement for thunderbolt. If there was a cable that let me interface more easily that'd be great. I've a sneaking suspicion that it was just falling back on usb-c support like it has for the ipad-pro which would also mean that it wasn't running at full resolution.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

"Liquid SSD" holdup what?

ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 3600 at 4GHz/1.35vMasterLiquid ML360R RGB | PNY Geforce RTX 2080 Super OC 8GB Gaming | Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 (2x 8GB) 3000 MHz | Fractal Design 750w Integra M | Intel 600p - 256 GB (M.2) | Samsung EVO 850 - 500 GB | Samsung EVO Pro 850 - 250 GB Fractal Design R6 Black (Silent) | 3x FractalDesign Dynamic X2 GW-14 & 3x CoolerMaster 120mm "RGB"

Display(s):  Samsung Oddesy G7 240hz/1ms, ACER Predator XB271H A 144hz/1ms. (Yeah i sold the Philips 273ELH to a friend XD)

Car(s): Volvo V70 D3 2016

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×