Should I test my psu?

Cringe123
Go to solution Solved by bmx6454,

no real way to easily test it, unless you jump it with a paper clip, that only tells you it turns on though. it's a solid psu, i wouldn't worry about it.

I just got a new corsair tx750m and I was wondering should I be testing it works and wont like destory my pc before pluging it in to my mb or does it not matter. Also i dont know how to test it anyway.

It is very rare for brand new power supplies to destroy your pc. Especially name brand psu's like corsair.

if it's a very recent model, and you have not buyed it used or anything and never heard any issues about it.

Would assume its fine, if it's very old it might not be supported, it depends what it is and what you plug it into?

The only test you could do is see if it turns on when given input power, and maybe read the voltage coming from the pins with a multi-meter. I wouldn't worry about it too much though as it's an alright power supply. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

no real way to easily test it, unless you jump it with a paper clip, that only tells you it turns on though. it's a solid psu, i wouldn't worry about it.

Just now, Cringe123 said:

Thanks for your answers :)

Yeah, that power supply is pretty solid, so I think you're good.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch