So I need a new AP

Hulxmash

So about five years ago I watched LTT's video Xclaim XI-3 Indoor AP - Your Next Wireless Access Point. And so, because Linus told me that I had no choice but to buy this AP, I did.  I have been totally happy with it, except that ruckus has killed the Xclaim products and their cloud services will be shutting down in July. So I am in need of a new AP. But Linus does not have another Your Next Wireless Access Point video so I'm not sure what I should be looking for. I have seen that LTT media has replaced their with xclaim products with ubiquiti, but are they as good? I'm looking for an AP that can do VLANS with separate SSID's and can handle a whole lot of concurrent connections. I loved the enterprise grade hardware of the xclaim but unfortunately I need something new. Would anyone have any recommendations?

Ubiquiti stuff is good and will meet your requirements, can add a bunch of SSIDs and map them to individual VLANs at your desire. I don't know what the SSID limit is though, no less than five though.

In terms of concurrent connections, rule of thumb is 30 clients is when it starts to get dodgy at which point you would need to add another AP.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay. Thanks for the input. I usually have about 30 or so devices that connect. IoT devices are ruling my wifi! I may have to scale back. Or scale up my WiFi.