[SOLVED] System boots into bios after upgrading tot5600x

2Girls1Dirk

I swapped my CPU today. An upgrade to a ryzen 5600x. Now I have a X470 gaming plus motherboard so I m-flashed it to the newest (beta) build.

However ever since I swapped it, it only boots into bios. The bios is fully functional and it recognizes the cpu and my SSD. The boot prio is also set right. Is this something I can fix or is it my motherboard being a X470?

I also reseated my old cpu and it boots up without a problem.

Ryzen 5 5600x

MSI x470 gaming plus

Asus rog strix 580

1 minute ago, 2Girls1Dirk said:

I swapped my CPU today. An upgrade to a ryzen 5600x. Now I have a X470 gaming plus motherboard so I m-flashed it to the newest (beta) build.

However ever since I swapped it, it only boots into bios. The bios is fully functional and it recognizes the cpu and my SSD. The boot prio is also set right. Is this something I can fix or is it my motherboard being a X470?

I also reseated my old cpu and it boots up without a problem.

yeah the amd bios for support of ryzen 5000 on 400 series mobos is not out yet and will be by mid January till then use your old cpu

can you check your boot options to see if they are set or not?

Probably because when the BIOS doesn't know which drive to boot on, It will go directly to the bios in order for the user to instruct it

Edit: my bad you did, umm well, does it bother you? if yes I would recommend you report this issue to the manufacturer and see if they launch a patch or something.

Edit 2: Did you try the override boot see if it does something??

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

1 minute ago, GorujoCY said:

can you check your boot options to see if they are set or not?

Probably because when the BIOS doesn't know which drive to boot on, It will go directly to the bios in order for the user to instruct it

16095915999594752756943845836993.jpg

Ryzen 5 5600x

MSI x470 gaming plus

Asus rog strix 580

3 minutes ago, 2Girls1Dirk said:

16095915999594752756943845836993.jpg

ok now refer to my edits:

5 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

Edit: my bad you did, umm well, does it bother you? if yes I would recommend you report this issue to the manufacturer and see if they launch a patch or something.

Edit 2: Did you try the override boot see if it does something??

Edit 2 basically means just tell it to boot of the SSD. Then restart and see if it remembers...

Also seeing your picture, is it actually an alienware pre built?

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

5 minutes ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

yeah the amd bios for support of ryzen 5000 on 400 series mobos is not out yet and will be by mid January till then use your old cpu

I read everywhere that this BIOS should support the 5000 series. And if it doesn't shouldn't the bios crash with this CPU in it?

Ryzen 5 5600x

MSI x470 gaming plus

Asus rog strix 580

2 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

ok now refer to my edits:

Edit 2 basically means just tell it to boot of the SSD. Then restart and see if it remembers...

Also seeing your picture, is it actually an alienware pre built?

No its not my signature was very outdated..

It won't let me boot to the SSD even if I mash F11 to go into boot setup. The SSD isn't there.. however it does recognize the SSD in the bios.

Ryzen 5 5600x

MSI x470 gaming plus

Asus rog strix 580

10 minutes ago, 2Girls1Dirk said:

It won't let me boot to the SSD even if I mash F11 to go into boot setup. The SSD isn't there.. however it does recognize the SSD in the bios.

hmm, did you try any other diagnosis step like trying to boot on a different drive? perhaps try booting into linux via live usb if it does it or anything? If that still occurs, I would probably recommend you contact MSI, It must be a beta bios issue, I would recommend you revert to your old cpu until they fix this problem, But you could see if other people are facing the same issue with the same beta bios just to see that it's not just your motherboard

My PC

10 minutes ago, 2Girls1Dirk said:

Try different SSD or HDD and try to install windows on that.

And see if it even boots to Windows Installation Media

It is fixed! I am currently typing from my upgraded PC. 

I had to change the boot setting to UEFI+Legacy

Ryzen 5 5600x

MSI x470 gaming plus

Asus rog strix 580

Just now, 2Girls1Dirk said:

ah ok, good

(man you people, next  time try diagnosing your problems more than you did before asking but it is usually magical because the logic of this is that, you ask on a forum, youll find it out yourself)

My PC

1 minute ago, GorujoCY said:

ah ok, good

(man you people, next  time try diagnosing your problems more than you did before asking but it is usually magical because the logic of this is that, you ask on a forum, youll find it out yourself)

Well I actually got the answer from a reddit post. So not really my own research.

Ryzen 5 5600x

MSI x470 gaming plus

Asus rog strix 580

5 hours ago, 2Girls1Dirk said:

How to fix it i am trying but i can't run? 

Can you tell me how to fix it please? 

3 hours ago, Na9er said:

How to fix it i am trying but i can't run? 

Can you tell me how to fix it please? 

I used this video:

Ryzen 5 5600x

MSI x470 gaming plus

Asus rog strix 580