TV Not detecting HDMI signal from PC

maskmcgee

I have a 2070 Super. My 1440p monitor is connected via displayport. I get a new 4K TV and tried to connect it by HDMI, and the computer detected the TV, but the TV said no signal. I know the cable works, because I unplugged it from the computer into my Switch and it instantly appeared on the screen. I unplugged the displayport cable leaving only the TV, but nothing, so I restarted the PC. The TV finally got a signal but after the BIOS splash screen appeared, it went back to saying "No Signal", until I plugged the Displayport back in and it showed the computer was working fine. Do does anyone know what the problem could be? 

4 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

does the tv show up in display settings?

It shows up as Smart TV with the correct resolution in both the control panel and the Nvidia control panel. 

3 minutes ago, maskmcgee said:

shows up as Smart TV

feeling lucky?  click on it and set it as the main display

Ok, a bit of quick testing. I dragged my PC over and plugged in a different 2m HDMI cable and instantly it duplicated. Then I plugged the same 2m one into my laptop, and it worked too. Now I plug the 10m one i just bought, which won't show anything from either computer, into my PS4, and it also instantly works. 

So this cable will not work with either computer, but seems to work perfectly with every other HDMI device I own, while other cables work perfectly with the computer.

Now any idea WTF is going on here? I can understand faulty cable but not when it works fine with everything else. 

39 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

feeling lucky?  click on it and set it as the main display

Ok, a bit of quick testing. I dragged my PC over and plugged in a different 2m HDMI cable and instantly it duplicated. Then I plugged the same 2m one into my laptop, and it worked too. Now I plug the 10m one i just bought, which won't show anything from either computer, into my PS4, and it also instantly works. 

So this cable will not work with either computer, but seems to work perfectly with every other HDMI device I own, while other cables work perfectly with the computer.

Now any idea WTF is going on here? I can understand faulty cable but not when it works fine with everything else. 

6 minutes ago, maskmcgee said:

WTF

what is the hdmi version of the cord.   I guess get another cord.

9 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

what is the hdmi version of the cord.   I guess get another cord.

As everyone knows, the HDMI standard does not require new cords.

3 minutes ago, maskmcgee said:

tell that to my TV.  I was only able to achieve 4k 60hz by changing the cord.  My old HDMI cord would only allow 30hz.

Just now, TylerDurden! said:

tell that to my TV.  I was only able to achieve 4k 60hz by changing the cord.  My old HDMI cord would only allow 30hz.

You didn't require a new cable, you needed one for more features. The other one worked fine, somthing this one does not do only with two different computers. 

2 minutes ago, maskmcgee said:

The other one worked fine, somthing this one does not do only with two different computers.

then get another 10m cord...   that is a pretty long cord, 30 some feet.  just get another one, as the one you have is very finicky about what it likes to be stuck in

15 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

does not require new cords.

you may need to boost the signal with your current cable length or a get better cable with better internal wiring and shielding could help.

25 minutes ago, maskmcgee said:

Which version HDMI is it? 4K 60Hz is supported by HDMI 2.0 and above. In general the 1.4 HDMI support 4K at only 30Hz

Also try manually changing the HDMI port to PC on your TV. I was having the same problem between my Acer Nitro 5 (AMD) and Samsung 55" 4K Smart TV. I just had to use a 2.0 HDMI.
Few things to try -
> Change HDMI cable to version 2.0 or above (2.1 is expensive as it is for 4K 120Hz and can also used for 8K)
> Try plugging into other HDMI port of TV
> In TV setting try changing the HDMI Device as "PC"
> See that project setting is turned to Duplicate or Extend.
> Restart TV and Computer.