Graphic card setup - Advice about old card

Heya guys, 

So I recently managed to get my hands on a Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 at RRP (Shock to me too). As a job I do graphics design and render HUGE projects currently up to 32k canvas's alongside using Realtime Graphics Engines like Notch VFX hence why I decided to go with the 3090. Now, this is my first computer build in about 7 years. Last upgrade before this one I did for personal use was moving to the Geforce 970, since then I have been using either University or Work computers for all my big projects, which isn't possible from home, and I want to get suggestions on what to do with my 970. 

• I have my old computer's parts, for streaming and doing smaller graphical workloads which might be more intensive (e.g. long running), would a render machine be worth my time to setup? 
  • Is it worth selling the second GPU?
  • Could I add the second graphics card to my current setup and use it only for smaller processes? 
    I saw this thread about using two GPU's and moving the "chrome" workload off the main GPU by changing primary displays (I know the performance change will be minimal)

Thanks for all the advice in advance, I know whatever your advice is, it's going to be helpful. 😄

TGT

6 minutes ago, TGTGamer said:

Is it worth selling the second GPU?

In this current market you will be able to get top dollar for your 970. $100+ .. All GPUs are over priced atm.

Sell it and buy something fun, you could try to reutilize it but considering the massive leap with that upgrade there’s very little point.

your 3090 isn’t going to suffer without a 970 handling chrome