easiest way for friends to read my story

Thready

I've been writing something during covid and a few of my friends (and a copy editor) say it's really good, so I was wondering the easiest program or service to write it on because I hate sending MS Word attachments to people since it's so cumbersome.

I was thinking of making a google doc and giving them all access to it, but that means I would have to log into google every time I just wanted to write something, and that's not quick enough. Is there an easier way to access google docs than navigating to docs.google.com and pulling the whole thing up?

Someone said to make the google doc a shortcut on my desktop but I don't exactly know how to do that.

Photographer, future counselor, computer teacher.

3600X and RTX 2070 with too many storage drives to count. 

4 minutes ago, Thready said:

Someone said to make the google doc a shortcut on my desktop but I don't exactly know how to do that

You can pretty easily find youtube guides for making bookmarks, and you can click and drag to your desktop to make a shortcut.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Set your browser to remember log in details or Drive to autostart and log in? If simply logging in is too much effort I doubt you'll find suitable replacements.

When sending other people text to read I always pick PDF, unless you need some advanced diff options or something. Opens on pretty much any device nowadays and in the basic sense is uneditable, which I find nice because then everyone has an identical document.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

If you use Word on your PC, and you're logged into a microsoft account on that instance of Word, you can use autosave into a shared document. Sort of like using Word online (the MS version of google documents) except you're using the offline app so you don't have to log in every time.

Write with LibreOffice.

Export to PDF.

Email PDF.

As mentioned above, PDF is pretty universal.

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv