Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fix laggy windows 10 when GPU Usage is at 100%?

Anyone know of how i can stop windows from being laggy when my gpu is at 100% or limit my gpu to 99% in all apps?

 

It doesnt really happen in games much (other than loading screens), but mainly in Adobe apps (Lightroom, After Effects, etc)

 

Any Tips?

 

Thanks

Gershy13

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x + ML360R       

RAM: 32GB Thermaltake Toughram RGB DDR4 3600MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro

GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC       

SSD 1: Corsair MP600 1tb (Windows)      

SSD 2: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb (Scratch Drive)   

SSD 3: SanDisk Ultra II 120gb 

SSD 4: Samsung 860 EVO 250gb

HDD 1: WD Blue 1TB

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Case: NZXT H710

PSU: Corsair TX750M

Mouse: Logitech G502

Keyboard: Element Gaming Beryllium

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit  

Link to post
Share on other sites

High CPU,RAM and OS drive active time can cause lags in the OS.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@3.9GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gershy13 said:

Anyone know of how i can stop windows from being laggy when my gpu is at 100% or limit my gpu to 99% in all apps?

 

It doesnt really happen in games much (other than loading screens), but mainly in Adobe apps (Lightroom, After Effects, etc)

 

Any Tips?

 

Thanks

Gershy13

 

14 minutes ago, inferno47 said:

How much RAM do you have and what is your cpu and gpu

Yes! specs specs specs. :)

We CANNOT help without the needed info.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Yes! specs specs specs. :)

We CANNOT help without the needed info.

OP has: RAM: 32GB Thermaltake Toughram RGB DDR4 3600MHz

 

What matters the most is the utilization,

A screenshot from the performance tab in task manager when the problem occur would be helpful.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@3.9GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

 

Yes! specs specs specs. :)

We CANNOT help without the needed info.

Yeah sorry i just assumed people would read the signature which says Specs:

 

35 minutes ago, Vishera said:

OP has: RAM: 32GB Thermaltake Toughram RGB DDR4 3600MHz

 

What matters the most is the utilization,

A screenshot from the performance tab in task manager when the problem occur would be helpful.

Sorry, i tried to recreate it but for some reason cant get my gpu back up to 100% Maybe it was just a certain filter or task i was doing in lightroom that bugged it.

If i remember correctly it was 100% GPU, and around 50-60% Cpu, and ram was defo not hitting anywhere near 32gb (probably like 12-14gb)

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x + ML360R       

RAM: 32GB Thermaltake Toughram RGB DDR4 3600MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro

GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC       

SSD 1: Corsair MP600 1tb (Windows)      

SSD 2: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb (Scratch Drive)   

SSD 3: SanDisk Ultra II 120gb 

SSD 4: Samsung 860 EVO 250gb

HDD 1: WD Blue 1TB

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Case: NZXT H710

PSU: Corsair TX750M

Mouse: Logitech G502

Keyboard: Element Gaming Beryllium

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit  

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Vishera said:

High CPU,RAM and OS drive active time can cause lags in the OS.

It seems to be more of a graphical issue, like the windows are lagging around. and it only happens with 100% GPU, which makes me think its high gpu usage that causes it.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x + ML360R       

RAM: 32GB Thermaltake Toughram RGB DDR4 3600MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro

GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC       

SSD 1: Corsair MP600 1tb (Windows)      

SSD 2: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb (Scratch Drive)   

SSD 3: SanDisk Ultra II 120gb 

SSD 4: Samsung 860 EVO 250gb

HDD 1: WD Blue 1TB

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Case: NZXT H710

PSU: Corsair TX750M

Mouse: Logitech G502

Keyboard: Element Gaming Beryllium

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gershy13 said:

Yeah sorry i just assumed people would read the signature which says Specs:

Yeah sorry, some people are just blind. (and with people i mean me! :D )

But yeah "specs in sig" might be needed for people like me. 😛

 

 

3 minutes ago, Gershy13 said:

Sorry, i tried to recreate it but for some reason cant get my gpu back up to 100% Maybe it was just a certain filter or task i was doing in lightroom that bugged it.

If i remember correctly it was 100% GPU, and around 50-60% Cpu, and ram was defo not hitting anywhere near 32gb (probably like 12-14gb)

Might have been a certain aplication taking up 100% of CPU time on a single core, that can also halt a system.
(I found that out updating my BIOS from within Windows, the aplication uses 100% of a sinle core which totaly halts my system sound, mousepointer just everything.)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Link to post
Share on other sites

How much pagefile you have? That could cause such issues too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Yeah sorry, some people are just blind. (and with people i mean me! :D )

But yeah "specs in sig" might be needed for people like me. 😛

 

 

Might have been a certain aplication taking up 100% of CPU time on a single core, that can also halt a system.
(I found that out updating my BIOS from within Windows, the aplication uses 100% of a sinle core which totaly halts my system sound, mousepointer just everything.)

My system is still functional, just very slow. Like the screen is refreshing at 15hz or something temporarily

3 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

How much pagefile you have? That could cause such issues too.

Not sure, I didnt change anything. According to my rainmeter monitor its using 80mb out of 5gb currently.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x + ML360R       

RAM: 32GB Thermaltake Toughram RGB DDR4 3600MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro

GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC       

SSD 1: Corsair MP600 1tb (Windows)      

SSD 2: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb (Scratch Drive)   

SSD 3: SanDisk Ultra II 120gb 

SSD 4: Samsung 860 EVO 250gb

HDD 1: WD Blue 1TB

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Case: NZXT H710

PSU: Corsair TX750M

Mouse: Logitech G502

Keyboard: Element Gaming Beryllium

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gershy13 said:

Not sure, I didnt change anything. According to my rainmeter monitor its using 80mb out of 5gb currently.

Why is it 5GB in a system with 32GB of RAM?,Did you change it on your own?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@3.9GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Why is it 5GB in a system with 32GB of RAM?,Did you change it on your own?

nope its what it was set to as default. i havent touched the page. should i change it?

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x + ML360R       

RAM: 32GB Thermaltake Toughram RGB DDR4 3600MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro

GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC       

SSD 1: Corsair MP600 1tb (Windows)      

SSD 2: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb (Scratch Drive)   

SSD 3: SanDisk Ultra II 120gb 

SSD 4: Samsung 860 EVO 250gb

HDD 1: WD Blue 1TB

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Case: NZXT H710

PSU: Corsair TX750M

Mouse: Logitech G502

Keyboard: Element Gaming Beryllium

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×