Amazon didn't charge me

Dean0919

Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

It can take a little while for the payment to process and show on your credit card statements. Amazon may also not actually charge the card until the item is dispatched, that way if someone cancels the order before it's dispatched they don't need to process the refund.

It's been years I used Amazon last time, so today I decided to use it, needed to buy something. Seems like my old card was still linked to it. I removed it, attached a new card and then ordered something. It says order is placed & even has "ordered today" checked box, however weird thing is that my card didn't get charged. Is this normal?

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B460M DS3H | RAM: Viper Steel Series 32GB | GPU: ASUS TUF RTX 3080 V2 GAMING OC 10GB | STORAGE: Kingston 240GB SA400M8 SSD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Dell S2721D 27" | SPEAKERS: Microlab Solo7C | HEADSET: HyperX Cloud Stinger™ Core Gaming Headset | WEBCAM: Fifine 1440P | OS: Windows 11 64bit

It can take a little while for the payment to process and show on your credit card statements. Amazon may also not actually charge the card until the item is dispatched, that way if someone cancels the order before it's dispatched they don't need to process the refund.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

CC charges usually don't appear instantaneously on your account, at least it never was for me, longest I've seen was 48h.

If Amazon said it processed the payment, then it did.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

aha, I see now. Thanks for information.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10400F | COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B460M DS3H | RAM: Viper Steel Series 32GB | GPU: ASUS TUF RTX 3080 V2 GAMING OC 10GB | STORAGE: Kingston 240GB SA400M8 SSD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus | PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold) | KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010 | MONITOR: Dell S2721D 27" | SPEAKERS: Microlab Solo7C | HEADSET: HyperX Cloud Stinger™ Core Gaming Headset | WEBCAM: Fifine 1440P | OS: Windows 11 64bit

I just had the opposite experience.

Instead of no charge for my GM-750, I got 2 charges.

During PayPal authorization, the WiFi at my grandparents' cut out (it's an AirPort Express Base Station, 802.11n, and I'm 3 walls and 1 brick wall from it) so PayPal authorized it but the order just got stuck in limbo, not completing, or deleting. NewEgg couldn't see it.

Problem: Being 14 with no job and a small allowance, I didn't have enough to buy it with the pending double charge.

Thankfully it disappeared (PayPal I think figured out what happened and dropped it), so I bought the unit.

But on the 28th (bought on 26th), I looked at my bank account and saw $-22.95 for balance.

Looked and apparently my bank decided to create a phantom charge that PayPal didn't know about, NewEgg didn't know about, and the bank didn't seem to know either - just showed up as "Pending Charge, -$123.45".

But yesterday it went away :)

REFRESH BEFORE RESPOND, I EDITED MY POST

I play Minecraft on the r/Jailbreak server and own both Coral Plateau and New Kong City. I make note block music, currently working on Nightmare King Grimm.

PSA: Don't lie

I own a lot of iDevices.

iPad1,1 = iPad 1 (WiFi) = 64GB, iPhone OS 3.2.2

iPad2,5 = iPad mini 1 (Silver) = 6GB, iOS 8.4.1 + 10GB, 6.1.3

iPad4,5 = iPad mini 2 (Cellular) (Silver) = 16GB, iOS 12.5.5 (unlocked)

iPhone3,1 = iPhone 4 (GSM) (Black) = 16GB, iOS 5.1.1 (unlocked)

iPhone3,3 = iPhone 4 (CDMA) (Black) = 16GB, iOS 4.2.6 (locked to Verizon)

iPhone4,1 = iPhone 4S (Black) = 16GB, iOS 9.2.1 (unlocked)

iPhone5,3 = iPhone 5C (GSM) (Blue) = 32GB, iOS 10.4 (unlocked)

iPhone6,1 = iPhone 5S (GSM) (Silver) = 16GB, iOS 7.1.2 (unlocked)

iPhone6,1 = iPhone 5S (GSM) (Silver) = 16GB, iOS 11.0.1 (locked to TracFone)

iPhone7,2 = iPhone 6 (Silver) = 16GB, iOS 8.3 (blacklisted + locked to T-Mobile)

iPhone8,1 = iPhone 6S (Space Gray) N71AP = 16GB, iOS 15.0.2 (unlocked)

iPhone9,1 = iPhone 7 (Global) (Midnight Star) = 256GB, iOS 15.1 (unlocked)

Amazon will sometimes double charge for sure. They charge you,.. then when it ships they charge you again but reverse the charge. So it's 'pending' and doesn't really leave your account, but it can tie things up for a day. 

it's really stupid and I've complained to them before about it but they of course don't really care. They also argue that they didn't really double charge you since they reverse the second charge,.. but it still shows up in your account and it's still pending and affects your balance until it clears in a day or so. Which so far it always has, but it's still really stupid to do that after they've literally already charged you and gotten their money. 

But this is the company that will ship me a MicroSD card in a big box full of bubble wrap, and then turn around and also ship me a vinyl record in a plastic envelope. 

...some real Rocket Surgeons over there!