New CPU ISSUES

Coltonw023456

so i just got the AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler 

and installed fine but i do notice now my gpu and light comes on before the fans in the case and when i get in to windows my temps go from 40C to 50C to 60C every time i open something in windows and i can hear the fan speed up and see the temps shoot up what is going on ? 

System

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core
  • Motherboard
    ASRock B450
  • RAM
    G.SKILL NT Series 16GB 2133MHz
  • GPU
    SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 5600 XT 6G GDDR6
  • Case
    NZXT H510i
  • Storage
    Silicon Power 256GB - NVMe M.2 /WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM
  • PSU
    Rosewill Photon 650W
  • Display(s)
    GIGABYTE G27FC 27
  • Cooling
    AMD Wraith Spire RGB LED
  • Keyboard
    Redragon K587 Magic-Wand
  • Mouse
    Redragon M601
  • Sound
    Mpow 059 Bluetooth Headphones
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

You can use the nzxt cam program to check the fan speed curve, it's a free download program.

Otherwise you check that on BIOS but it take more time.

Btw under 70°C is not worth taking about

17 hours ago, PeachGr said:

You can use the nzxt cam program to check the fan speed curve, it's a free download program.

Otherwise you check that on BIOS but it take more time.

Btw under 70°C is not worth taking about

well it changed to 92C in bios and it was really hot to the touch AMD said to RMA it it just kept getting hotter

4 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

well it changed to 92C in bios and it was really hot to the touch AMD said to RMA it it just kept getting hotter

well if you don't overclock, i think you can just turn the fac curve to performance, or whatever it's called to NZXT cam
I have changed the Prism to a better one, but i haven't reach more than 85 C even on long rendering

24 minutes ago, PeachGr said:

well if you don't overclock, i think you can just turn the fac curve to performance, or whatever it's called to NZXT cam
I have changed the Prism to a better one, but i haven't reach more than 85 C even on long rendering

i switched to the liqud cooler and at idle its 92C so thats when AMD said something is wrong with it plus it was always doing 4ghz and i reset the settings in bios and do all the steps they told me to do and it still got hot and to prove it got really hot i shut it down took off the cooler and touched it and burned my finger bad because they told me the sencers could be dead welp they are not lol i burd my finger

2 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

i switched to the liqud cooler and at idle its 92C so thats when AMD said something is wrong with it plus it was always doing 4ghz and i reset the settings in bios and do all the steps they told me to do and it still got hot and to prove it got really hot i shut it down took off the cooler and touched it and burned my finger bad because they told me the sencers could be dead welp they are not lol i burd my finger

that is out of my experties for sure. There is always a very small chance to have a defective unit, even thou i have never heard of a bad cpu. Good luck on that

1 minute ago, PeachGr said:

that is out of my experties for sure. There is always a very small chance to have a defective unit, even thou i have never heard of a bad cpu. Good luck on that

lol i know but lucky they are sending me a new CPU and every time i order PC parts from amazon they always seem to be broken or something i have bad luck with amazon 

1 minute ago, Coltonw023456 said:

lol i know but lucky they are sending me a new CPU and every time i order PC parts from amazon they always seem to be broken or something i have bad luck with amazon 

try to reaply the thermalpaste as convictions guy said above

Just now, PeachGr said:

try to reaply the thermalpaste as convictions guy said above

i did many times i tried that lol 

If you tried re-applying the thermal paste, swapping out the cooler, and you're sure the cooler was properly tightened both times, then yeah... RMA may be the way to go. It's very rare that CPUs are defective, but I don't have any better ideas.

10 minutes ago, Convictions said:

If you tried re-applying the thermal paste, swapping out the cooler, and you're sure the cooler was properly tightened both times, then yeah... RMA may be the way to go. It's very rare that CPUs are defective, but I don't have any better ideas.

yes i know i would not think the motherboard if my ryzen 5 1600 works fine in my system thats what i put back in and packed the other one up

6 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

yes i know i would not think the motherboard if my ryzen 5 1600 works fine in my system thats what i put back in and packed the other one up

Yeah, I would not expect an overheating problem to be motherboard related, especially if you're not overclocking. I guess it's possible that the VRMs could be screwed up and are just feeding insane voltage into your CPU or something, but that seems at least as unlikely as a bad CPU.

17 minutes ago, Convictions said:

Yeah, I would not expect an overheating problem to be motherboard related, especially if you're not overclocking. I guess it's possible that the VRMs could be screwed up and are just feeding insane voltage into your CPU or something, but that seems at least as unlikely as a bad CPU.

the cpu ran fine it was just over heating and doing 1 to 20% back and fourth and would get high temps when opening stuff or idle 

On 12/30/2020 at 6:39 PM, Convictions said:

just got the replacement runs good image.png.afbe8a1773d43128bfb99031721c8b86.png