After upgrading ram my pc keeps looping into Preparing automatic Repair

Hello, I had 8 GB of Ram so I wantesd to upgrade it to 16. After putting the new Ram in thr pc post and I could get into Bios but thats all all it does it keeps trying to Automaticly repair with this error i suppose: Log file: F\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

I need help asap please

What are the full specs of your system?

Sounds like you might have a RAM configuration that is incompatible with your Mobo/CPU, RAM speeds set incorrectly, or a poorly mismatched kit; all of which could cause bad enough RAM errors to prevent booting.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

7 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Sounds like you might either have a RAM configuration that is incompatible with your Mobo/CPU, RAM speeds set incorrectly, or a poorly mismatched kit; all of which could cause bad enough RAM errors to prevent booting.

CPU: I7 860

GPU: gtx 660 Ti

The new Ram is HyperX 16gb DDR3 1866 CL10

Old ones were 4x2GB TW3X4G1333C9A

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D PRO

Just now, SoulTwT said:

CPU: I7 860

GPU: gtx 660 Ti

The new Ram is HyperX 16gb DDR3 1866 CL10

Old ones were 4x2GB TW3X4G1333C9A

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D PRO

It is pretty old pc but it works well but the RAM is just too little

13 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Sounds like you might either have a RAM configuration that is incompatible with your Mobo/CPU, RAM speeds set incorrectly, or a poorly mismatched kit; all of which could cause bad enough RAM errors to prevent booting.

Also, when I was putting the RAM in first time I didnt put the Ram stick all the way in and pressed the memok button on motherboard idk if that could leed into this.

Let's work backwards and make sure everything else is still working as it should. If you put your old RAM back in, does the system boot up properly again?

Edit: I just looked up your mobo, and according to the RAM QVL, it only supports up to 4GB per slot. Your kit is (presumably) 2x8GB which might the cause of your problems.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

11 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Let's work backwards and make sure everything else is still working as it should. If you put your old RAM back in, does the system boot up properly again?

Nope again the Preparing Automatic Repair. Never happened to me before with theese

16 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Edit: I just looked up your mobo, and according to the RAM QVL, it only supports up to 4GB per slot. Your kit is (presumably) 2x8GB which might the cause of your problems.

But it still doesnt work even with the old ones

25 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

What else can I do now. It doesn't work even with the old ones. Still can get only into BIOS 

Keep your old RAM installed for now and let's reset your BIOS. Since you can access the BIOS, enter it and select <load optimized defaults>, then save and restart.

If that has no effect, look for an option like <UEFI Boot> in the "Boot" tab and change that to enabled.

Primary Gaming Rig:

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

2 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Keep your old RAM installed for now and let's reset your BIOS. Since you can access the BIOS, enter it and select <load optimized defaults>, then save and restart.

If that has no effect, look for an option like <UEFI Boot> in the "Boot" tab and change that to enabled.

Is Load setup defaults the same thing?

2 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Also in boot there is no UEFI boot option

1609282815097-2059523663.jpg

1 hour ago, SoulTwT said:

Is Load setup defaults the same thing?

Yep, that's the option you want. I wasn't sure exactly what your BIOS screen looked like. And it's the same thing for your UEFI boot. I didn't know if that was an option on that motherboard or not.

Can you post a picture of what the screen looks like if you select the boot settings configuration?

Primary Gaming Rig:

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

7 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Yep, that's the option you want. I wasn't sure exactly what your BIOS screen looked like. And it's the same thing for your UEFI boot. I didn't know if that was an option on that motherboard or not.

Can you post a picture of what the screen looks like if you select the boot settings configuration?

Tried the load setup defaults didn't do anything. Boot setting configuration looks like this: 

1609315700097560990416.jpg

14 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

There isn't anything i can enable which is not already enabled

So it would appear your install has become corrupt.

I would suggest reading through this page: https://www.easeus.com/resource/fix-windows-automatic-repair-loop.html It has some good info and may help you troubleshoot in real-time, rather than waiting for responses from me. Scroll about a 1/4 way down the page to get to the troubleshooting steps.

Primary Gaming Rig:

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

24 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

So it would appear your install has become corrupt.

I would suggest reading through this page: https://www.easeus.com/resource/fix-windows-automatic-repair-loop.html It has some good info and may help you troubleshoot in real-time, rather than waiting for responses from me. Scroll about a 1/4 way down the page to get to the troubleshooting steps.

Thanks for trying anyways!

The error that W10 gives to you is RAM Related.

I know this because I was facing the same error a few hours ago.

In my case, loading defaults, and reverting all XMP / DOCP profiles solved the issue.

Then I put them again and worked perfectly.

20 hours ago, SoulTwT said:

What else can I do now. It doesn't work even with the old ones. Still can get only into BIOS 

Try to remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard for a few minutes. Then put it again, put the old sticks and give it a try.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.4GHz 1.2v / GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 Mech OC GP (5700XT Bios) @ 2GHz / MB: Asus ROG Strix B450-F / RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 / CASE: MSI MAG Vampiric 010X

1 hour ago, LordWk said:

The error that W10 gives to you is RAM Related.

I know this because I was facing the same error a few hours ago.

In my case, loading defaults, and reverting all XMP / DOCP profiles solved the issue.

Then I put them again and worked perfectly.

Try to remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard for a few minutes. Then put it again, put the old sticks and give it a try.

I have the old ones still in and the same error appeares every time.

1 hour ago, SoulTwT said:

I have the old ones still in and the same error appeares every time.

Yeah, but remove the CMOS battery for a minute and put it again and try.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.4GHz 1.2v / GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 Mech OC GP (5700XT Bios) @ 2GHz / MB: Asus ROG Strix B450-F / RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 / CASE: MSI MAG Vampiric 010X

4 hours ago, LordWk said:

Still the same. But it started with 2 beeps this time so thats cool.

4 hours ago, LordWk said:

Same error

1609371270748-541715026.jpg

12 minutes ago, SoulTwT said:

Same error

1609371270748-541715026.jpg

I mean its for sure a RAM problem. But I cant understand why even restoring your mobo to default settings I just dont understand why the old ones dont work. 

9 hours ago, LordWk said:

I mean its for sure a RAM problem. But I cant understand why even restoring your mobo to default settings I just dont understand why the old ones dont work. 

Exactly..

4 hours ago, SoulTwT said:

Exactly..

Wait!! You have two drives or just one? Mine was doing automatic repair because when I restored defaults it was trying to boot from the other drive which also has Windows10

Maybe check boot order?