Will there be a RTX 3090 Ti???

Abdullah Bhutta

No one knows for sure, as of right now the 3090 is the highest released model, with the 3080TI being the highest rumored model.

Also, this is not tech news. 

EDIT: Post may have already been moved to Graphics.

Chicago Bears fan, Bear Down

> Moved to Graphics Cards. Tech News is only for posting news.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

As the 3090 uses the full GA-102 core I think it unlikely they will do a Super or Ti, however it would be relatively simple for them to up the Vram a little and use Titan style drivers on it. 

9 minutes ago, Chris Fortune said:

As the 3090 uses the full GA-102 core I think it unlikely they will do a Super or Ti, however it would be relatively simple for them to up the Vram a little and use Titan style drivers on it. 

Its my understanding that Titans usually run quieter with a more conservative power limit, so if anything it would be less powerful although the driver difference may offset that to some extent.

I don't think anything more powerful will come unless they do a die shrink, and it seems likely they would do that with the 4000 series as re-engineering is required anyway for a die shrink.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

7 minutes ago, Chris Fortune said:

As the 3090 uses the full GA-102 core…

Not quite. The 3090's chip has 10496 shaders and 328 ROPs, while the full silicon (e.g. RTX A6000) has 10752 shaders and 336 ROPs. Whether that's a meaningful difference (+2.4%) is another question…

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

6 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Not quite. The 3090's chip has 10496 shaders and 328 ROPs, while the full silicon (e.g. RTX A6000) has 10752 shaders and 336 ROPs. Whether that's a meaningful difference (+2.4%) is another question…

I was just going by written tech review info so gonna pass the buck there.

1 minute ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

I think all these comments means No.

Right?

I suspect it's more of a very unlikely rather than an outright no but yeah, basically a no

9 hours ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

Hey Guys.

I was wondering if there would be an RTX 3090 Super or Ti???

Edit: article i read was for 3080ti my bad

Edited by Reversinatir

8 minutes ago, Reversinatir said:

I read an article that asus accidently made a product page for a 3090 TI that was immediately pulled. Article wasn't sure if it was made because one is ready or in preparation incase they do release it.

Could just as easily have been a typo for a 3080 Ti, unless it happens we will never know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 12:46 AM, Chris Fortune said:

Highly unlikely they release a RTX 3090 Super or Ti for the reasons you gave, but like you alluded to there is room for a Titan version with more memory and unlocked Titan drivers 

SFF Time N-ATX V2 - Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WIFI - AMD Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 4090 - LG C2 OLED 42"