Confused about buying Shp9500 + DAC amp with saving the money or investigate the all bucks with buying DT990 pro + DAC amp !

Good morning guys .. I am little confused about getting the Shp9500 + DAC amp and saving some money or just put all the money in DT990 pro + DAC amp !?

my mainly use is gaming .. anybody else having an opinion Please be kindly suggested 

The SHP9500 doesn't really need an amp. They're really low ohm. If you only use it for gaming I'd just get a cheaper gaming headset, and save for a better pair for music if it's so desired, unless you use a stand alone desktop mic.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

The SHP9500 doesn't really need an amp. They're really low ohm. If you only use it for gaming I'd just get a cheaper gaming headset, and save for a better pair for music if it's so desired, unless you use a stand alone desktop mic.

it's not only gaming almost .. we can say its 60% gaming of my time and the other 40% movies, songs and i forgot to mention that i have ps4 too so i want headphone that give me good voice layer than the other gaming headset, that could handle with fps games and gave me correct directions because i suffer from wrong direction on my currently pair, For knowledge the total budget around 250 bucks. 

note: sorry for my bad English :(

12 hours ago, Ibrahim Gamal El-Nabawy said:

it's not only gaming almost .. we can say its 60% gaming of my time and the other 40% movies, songs and i forgot to mention that i have ps4 too so i want headphone that give me good voice layer than the other gaming headset, that could handle with fps games and gave me correct directions because i suffer from wrong direction on my currently pair, For knowledge the total budget around 250 bucks. 

Have you ever heard the SHP9500 or the DT990 Pro? They are bright and fatiguing, and although they may have good detail retrieving, it will tire your ears soon if you don't have a warmer amp and source to tone the treble down a notch.

4 hours ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

Have you ever heard the SHP9500 or the DT990 Pro? They are bright and fatiguing, and although they may have good detail retrieving, it will tire your ears soon if you don't have a warmer amp and source to tone the treble down a notch.

Aggree with this a ton. I would be cautious with this. 

A good option I would look at if you love in a place where beyerdynamic ships to you the beyerdynamic tygr is the best of both worlds easy to drive. You PS4 controller themselves should be able to get them to a respectable volume level not fatiguing and has similar gaming performance to the 990. With a wide soundstage and excellent imaging. 

23 hours ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

Equalizer can do wonders.

I recommend EqualizerAPO.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

I use Oratory's Harman Curve mostly.

On 12/29/2020 at 5:56 PM, HumdrumPenguin said:

So what do you suggest on me to do ? I am so confused 

22 hours ago, rice guru said:

Aggree with this a ton. I would be cautious with this. 

A good option I would look at if you love in a place where beyerdynamic ships to you the beyerdynamic tygr is the best of both worlds easy to drive. You PS4 controller themselves should be able to get them to a respectable volume level not fatiguing and has similar gaming performance to the 990. With a wide soundstage and excellent imaging. 

Hmmm ! for really I never heard about that kind from beyerdynamic 

On 12/28/2020 at 8:04 PM, Ibrahim Gamal El-Nabawy said:

Personally I'd go with something like a DT770, and just get a lower ohm version. Though, really, I'd just save up and get a good gaming headset (they're not super expensive, and go on sale often) and a good pair of headphones for music and other activities. Especially if you need a mic.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

11 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Personally I'd go with something like a DT770, and just get a lower ohm version. Though, really, I'd just save up and get a good gaming headset (they're not super expensive, and go on sale often) and a good pair of headphones for music and other activities. Especially if you need a mic.

I just need to tell you I am exhausted of thinking.. I am really respect your opinion about saving some bucks, but let me say The three finalists to me DT990 pro , Sennheiser HD58x and Philips X2hr . 

over that I hope you suggest on me the good one between them for gaming and a dac amp combo that could drive the chosen one that you suggested .

thanks

5 minutes ago, Ibrahim Gamal El-Nabawy said:

I just need to tell you I am exhausted of thinking.. I am really respect your opinion about saving some bucks, but let me say The three finalists to me DT990 pro , Sennheiser HD58x and Philips X2hr . 

over that I hope you suggest on me the good one between them for gaming and a dac amp combo that could drive the chosen one that you suggested .

thanks

Someone who actually likes open ear headphones would probably be more knowledgeable to answer this question. I don't like open ear headphones, and I hate headphones with fabric ear cups, which most of these seem to have.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

35 minutes ago, Ibrahim Gamal El-Nabawy said:

thanks

the 58x is pretty great for gaming the 990 is better but the 58x is smooth soounding with pretty good technical capabilities in regards to imaging to be great at gaming. really easy to drive your mobo or even a ps4 controller can drive them

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Someone who actually likes open ear headphones would probably be more knowledgeable to answer this question. I don't like open ear headphones, and I hate headphones with fabric ear cups, which most of these seem to have.

no problem bro its okay 

45 minutes ago, rice guru said:

the 58x is pretty great for gaming the 990 is better but the 58x is smooth soounding with pretty good technical capabilities in regards to imaging to be great at gaming. really easy to drive your mobo or even a ps4 controller can drive them

put alot of people said the 58x required an amp/dac cause its 150ohms pairs .. by the way my mobo is b450-f strix for knowledge 

18 minutes ago, Ibrahim Gamal El-Nabawy said:

put alot of people said the 58x required an amp/dac cause its 150ohms pairs .. by the way my mobo is b450-f strix for knowledge 

To my ears, the HD58X is the best out of the three you mentioned. I haven't heard the 560S personally, but there have been some good positive reviews (albeit having a tad bit brightness on the top end). I would also not connect any of these headphones on the motherboard (any motherboard for the matter), so I'd make some savings for a cheap stack.

54 minutes ago, Ibrahim Gamal El-Nabawy said:

They are 150 ohms yes but they are sensitive enought to be driven really loudly by a modern motherboard. But if you still want a dac /amp the Ifi Zen Dac is quite nice and will do what you need here pretty well and you can gain a bit of extra performance if you get a balanced cable to run the 58x in the future.

Audio is about as subjective as it get's when it comes to PC hardware.  I have bright headphones, I have warm headphones, dynamic drivers and planar drivers.  I honestly can't say that I prefer one over the other as each of them is just different, not better.

Now something that fit's your specific needs can make it better than something else.

If you are wanting something to hook up to a ps4 controller then avoid a dac/amp entirely because anything that a controller will run can also run with onboard audio.

I honestly can't speak to any of the headphones you mentioned being good on a controller so my suggestion would be to go for a gaming headset because that is their whole bread and butter.  The tygr being the audiophile equivalent to a gaming headset (can be bought by it's self without mic)

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

17 hours ago, rice guru said:

They are 150 ohms yes but they are sensitive enought to be driven really loudly by a modern motherboard. But if you still want a dac /amp the Ifi Zen Dac is quite nice and will do what you need here pretty well and you can gain a bit of extra performance if you get a balanced cable to run the 58x in the future.

thanks I think I will go for it .. but one last Q: asking about the period of shipping of Mass Drop store I heard it's take so long to shipping things is that true ! 

21 minutes ago, Ibrahim Gamal El-Nabawy said:

thanks I think I will go for it .. but one last Q: asking about the period of shipping of Mass Drop store I heard it's take so long to shipping things is that true ! 

Most massdrop made or exclusive items will be pretty fast as long as it's labelled ready to ship. Looking at the page it's pretty unclear as the 58x is a usually ready to ship item. I would contact their support just in case.

On 12/29/2020 at 2:07 AM, Ibrahim Gamal El-Nabawy said:

Good morning guys .. I am little confused about getting the Shp9500 + DAC amp and saving some money or just put all the money in DT990 pro + DAC amp !?

my mainly use is gaming .. anybody else having an opinion Please be kindly suggested 

I am not a fan of the SHP 9500. However, the SHP 9500 are awesome for gaming.

A DAC amp would be an absolute waste of money for the SHP 9500, they're some of the loudest headphones you can buy and the sound quality is far from amazing. 

HOWEVER, I would settle for a good set of Sennheiser headphones. The Sennheiser 558 was so perfect in my book for gaming and music and didn't require a DAC/amp. They were everything that the SHP 9500 should have been and got 0 hype because they cost more. 

The Sennheiser 560S seems to be the 558 successor. But I don't know more sadly. 

12 hours ago, rice guru said:

Most massdrop made or exclusive items will be pretty fast as long as it's labelled ready to ship. Looking at the page it's pretty unclear as the 58x is a usually ready to ship item. I would contact their support just in case.

sadly they date " Estimated of shipping 29-1" and it will take two weeks to arrive to me , sadly I have to travel in half February so I think the HD58x has just run from my hand , and the Dt990 pro isn't available at amazon. so what should I do !? 

13 hours ago, Ibrahim Gamal El-Nabawy said:

sadly they date " Estimated of shipping 29-1" and it will take two weeks to arrive to me , sadly I have to travel in half February so I think the HD58x has just run from my hand , and the Dt990 pro isn't available at amazon. so what should I do !? 

Save more and buy Sundaras.

16 hours ago, Ibrahim Gamal El-Nabawy said:

he 400i are pretty good combo'ed with a $100 amp like a magni 

Woah sorry I forgot about this thread.

Buy dt990, apple usb c to aux dongle and a JDS Labs Atom AMP. (You might get away with onboard try it)

Add some EQ and ur set.

I also see sundara being thrown about on this page, u don't need amp if u go sundara.

Np.