Best CPU/Motherboard Combo for $450 USD?

KaPande

Budget (including currency): $450 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Large variety of games, VR, League of Legends, Call of Duty. I also tend to watch videos or streams while gaming.

Other details - I currently have an i-7 6700k which has served me well for a while now but it is time for an upgrade. My current plan is to get a Ryzen 5 5600x (when it gets in stock) with a X470 gaming plus max from MSI. However I knew 11th Gen Intel is supposed to launch Q1 of 2021 and I'm not sure if it's worth waiting and my birthday is at the beginning of April which would boost my budget some. Although I may have to wait that long depending on stock. So I wanted to get some peoples opinions. One final question, I currently have 8x2 2400 ram. Would this be worth upgrading in the future? Thanks.

Just now, cnapier39428 said:

Just out of curiosity what gpu are you running?

I am on a 2070 super

36 minutes ago, Mohammad Saleh said:

go for a 5600x with a msi x570 or b550 tomahawk

i agree with you, both the b550 and x570 tomahawks are AMAZING motherboards and i am planning on buying one aswell. 

56 minutes ago, KaPande said:

Budget (including currency): $450 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Large variety of games, VR, League of Legends, Call of Duty. I also tend to watch videos or streams while gaming.

Other details - I currently have an i-7 6700k which has served me well for a while now but it is time for an upgrade. My current plan is to get a Ryzen 5 5600x (when it gets in stock) with a X470 gaming plus max from MSI. However I knew 11th Gen Intel is supposed to launch Q1 of 2021 and I'm not sure if it's worth waiting and my birthday is at the beginning of April which would boost my budget some. Although I may have to wait that long depending on stock. So I wanted to get some peoples opinions. One final question, I currently have 8x2 2400 ram. Would this be worth upgrading in the future? Thanks.

make sure you get a b550 or x570, everyone's got a feeling that amd is trynna ditcht the 400 series mobos (because they dont add the new cpu support to them untill mid 2021 or smt) etc... so your pc will be more future proof & supported by them if you get a 500 series mobo!