Extruder not working on brand new ender 3

bdoc

I got an ender 3 for Christmas today and have set it up. So far, everything else works (motors, heat, etc) but the extruder doesn't seem to work. I have tried to level my bed but when I level it so a piece of paper can easily slide under the nozzle while touching both the bed and the nozzle, no plastic extrudes. If I level the bed too far down, plastic comes out the nozzle (Can't tell if it is just drips or the extruder is working). Any thoughts on a fix?

PC: 

Ryzen 5 2600

Corsair Vengance lpx 16gb 8x2

Mobo: AsRock X570 Pro-4

Graphics: MSI Radeon rx 580

Storage: Sandisk 240gb SSD

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

PSU: EVGA 600B

Case: NZXT h500i

14 hours ago, bdoc said:

I got an ender 3 for Christmas today and have set it up. So far, everything else works (motors, heat, etc) but the extruder doesn't seem to work. I have tried to level my bed but when I level it so a piece of paper can easily slide under the nozzle while touching both the bed and the nozzle, no plastic extrudes. If I level the bed too far down, plastic comes out the nozzle (Can't tell if it is just drips or the extruder is working). Any thoughts on a fix?

Sounds like your nozzle is too close. You probably also ground a nice notch into the filament, so I would pull out the material to cut off about 10mm and then follow this guide https://youtu.be/ED1Gxvw2Rmw

ASU