Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Updated Bios now no OS

So I have a MSI b450m pro vdh max. I’m running a r5 3600 with it. But bought a 5600x so I needed to get the bios update that supports 5000 series. The new bios was 1.1.0.0 I downloaded it, unzipped it and put it on a flash drive. Went to flash bios, clean bios install. Reboots with new bios, now it says I have no windows OS as well as ton of screen tearing at the bottom on boot up which dissipate when windows not installed prompts up. Any help is much appreciated... 

The BIOS file you flashed may be corrupted, at least the boot logo probably is. I'd start by downloading the BIOS file again (or a previous release that still supports your CPU) on another machine, verifying it to the MD5 sum (if the site has one available), and flashing it again.

Your not booting to Windows issue is likely misconfigured/unconfigured boot drive(s), if you simply loaded a factory state onto the board and did no further config. While you're at it, might as well turn XMP on. 

1 hour ago, thermalgoop said:

The BIOS file you flashed may be corrupted, at least the boot logo probably is. I'd start by downloading the BIOS file again (or a previous release that still supports your CPU) on another machine, verifying it to the MD5 sum (if the site has one available), and flashing it again.

Your not booting to Windows issue is likely misconfigured/unconfigured boot drive(s), if you simply loaded a factory state onto the board and did no further config. While you're at it, might as well turn XMP on. 

Thank you sir. I will try this and hope it works.

So, I followed thermal goops advice and installed old drivers that worked prior. I attached the text that is found after doing this and booting. I do not have a disk drive on my computer. I installed the installation media onto a USB then entered a windows 10 key prior to this to get my computer to work months ago. Any advice from anyone is greatly appreciated. I will check back tomorrow. 04D198AB-2FA0-4BF8-A03B-B82C9A5F2760.thumb.jpeg.b5311609be3a6419ee3c1725854a3f04.jpeg

-= Topic relocated to Troubleshooting =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My phones are a Samsung Note 9 and a Samsung S9+

🇺🇸   About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46   🇺🇸

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 12/25/2020 at 9:38 PM, Shamus_mcguff said:

So, I followed thermal goops advice and installed old drivers that worked prior. I attached the text that is found after doing this and booting. I do not have a disk drive on my computer. I installed the installation media onto a USB then entered a windows 10 key prior to this to get my computer to work months ago. Any advice from anyone is greatly appreciated. I will check back tomorrow. 

This is Windows telling you that the Boot BCD (replacement for boot.ini in Win Vista and newer) can't work with your system config, or has become corrupted.

In my experience, this screen is usually blue in Win 10. Are you are trying to boot Windows in Legacy Boot mode? Your board is UEFI, so it was almost certainly installed and configured for UEFI boot. Make sure you have selected the UEFI option for Windows Boot Manager in your boot device list. 

You can force the system to only boot in UEFI mode by disabling the Compatibility Support Module (CSM) in BIOS. 
If it is trying to boot Win 10 in UEFI, use the other system and USB drive from earlier and download the Windows Media Creation Tool. Use the tool to create a Windows installation media out of the USB drive, boot your PC to it, and select Repair.