best under $200 sim wheel, bang for the buck, and dont even fucking mention g920, or g29, they are loud and dont come with a good pedal set

FakeFBI

im eyeing the thrustmaster tmx/tmx pro, since thrustmaster is the best with supporting other equipment like high quality mounts, and pedals

i found a tmx non pro for $185, it comes with 2 pedals, but i can buy new pedals later,

is there better wheels that are fully belted for same or cheaper price, since the tmx is a partial belt, i forgot what its called, i just know that its a belt run by a gear, i forgot anyway does anyone have a better value wheel, AND DON'T MENTION THE LOGITECH WHEEL, because it produces way less feedback then the tmx, and is loud, and i hate how i have to buy a shifter.

ik they suck because i tried them, and my friends have, i dont own it but the wheel can sometimes vibrate vionlently, like it will shake back in forth on a curb, making me spin out in a r34

EDIT: when i mean that i dont own it, i mean my friend does and ive tried it

and btw my friends thrustmaster tx is fine, and my arms are strong, idk maybe the logetech settings were messed up, but i checked so :/

ive only used my friends g920, which makes tons of noise and has a sensitive and stiff brake pedal, and comes with no shifter

i found a $185 thrustmaster tmx, which i can buy the pedals easy, 

the point is that is there anything better value than this belt/gear wheel that is way better than the logitech

dont mention the g920, otherwise ill poop my pants

At that price point? No, not really. Other than a used belt driven Thrustmaster, which should reduce the gear grinding noise, nothing's better than the logitech in that price bracket.

Save up for $600/700 area rather than making a side-grade.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Skipple said:

At that price point? No, not really. Other than a used belt driven Thrustmaster, which should reduce the gear grinding noise, nothing's better than the logitech in that price bracket.

Save up for $600/700 area rather than making a side-grade.

i dont have any other wheels, my friend owns the logitech

11 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

i dont have any other wheels, my friend owns the logitech

Oh, okay. 

The T150 is going to be the only thing in your budget.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1181609-REG/thrustmaster_4169080_t150_rs_racing_wheel.html

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Skipple said:

Correct. It's just the Xbox / Ps4 varieties.

welp, tbh if i pushed to $300 i would have SO many wheels

25 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

welp, tbh if i pushed to $300 i would have SO many wheels

Yeah, it looks like they're saying you should really save your money for something much better. 

Double the price is more than double the immersion from what they're saying. 

Just now, fpo said:

Yeah, it looks like they're saying you should really save your money for something much better. 

i could get a t300rs, skrew it imma save up for it

1 minute ago, fpo said:

i dont have to even save up lmao, since i already have $700, just dont want to spend it ALL on some wheel

6 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

i dont have to even save up lmao, since i already have $700, just dont want to spend it ALL on some wheel

Wait a while and get more money or go to a store to try them. 

It's a lot of money to say screw it. 

9 minutes ago, fpo said:

a t300rs is like $300 something

EDIT: at least yesterday they were

11 minutes ago, fpo said:

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thrustmaster-TX-Ferrari-458-Italia-Racing-Wheel-And-Pedals/264975712220?epid=176100248&hash=item3db1c87fdc:g:qcoAAOSw629f1oT8

oh no wheelbase

Obligatory "I'm a Logitech G920 owner and I've had no issues" statement aside, a few things to note about the Logitech G920 and the Thrustmaster TX.

11 hours ago, ComputerBuilder said:

because it produces way less feedback then the tmx

The Logitech G920/29 produces 2.2Nm of torque; The Thrustmaster TMX produces 2Nm of torque.

source

and i hate how i have to buy a shifter

The Logitech Shifter is an optional extra, you do not need to buy it, unless the simulator you're playing on has cars with H-shifters, otherwise the paddle shifters used for sequential semi-automatic cars will suffice.

i dont own it but the wheel can sometimes vibrate vionlently, like it will shake back in forth on a curb, making me spin out in a r34

I've got my money on that you're likely using too high of a force feedback setting. This can also depend on what game you are playing. Simcade games like Project Cars 2 will definitely rock you out of the wheel on 100% force feedback, while other simulation games like Assetto Corsa Competizione are more lenient on how aggressive the overall force feedback profile is.

Arguably, your final point about the G920 being too violent would contradict how you said the G920 produces less feedback... Unless you really despise the gear-driven force feedback system of the G920 for some reason.

I feel like you're highly dismissing the G920 and other gear-driven racing wheels due to your soiled experience with the G920 which I still feel is wholely undeserved. You've given no real critcism towards the wheel apart from "It's too violent and doesn't produce enough force feedback, it's also loud", which have lacked anecdotal evidence apart from "My friend owns one and I used it for a while".

Reality is, gear-driven racing wheels are what you will come to expect from this $150-$250 price point, with the Thrustmaster being the only real belt-hybrid I have come across from a few minutes of research with your given pricepoint.

Admittedly I am a little disappointed you find the G920 to have let you down as it has, but I'd highly recommend you give it another shot, and properly configure force feedback and get to know the wheel better. You've already tried it, and therefor you would be able to know the wheel and the pedals with a few more laps around the track.

That being said, you also mentioned your friend also owns a Thrustmaster TX so... The choice is really in your ballpark. You have experience with both Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels, reality is it's up to you to decide which you want for yourself, but like I said earlier, I feel like you're letting your emotions cloud your judgement regarding the Logitech G920.

However, I can understand that if you truly despise the Logitech wheels, I won't force them down your throat.

For further reading on Thrustmaster wheels, I've found some posts from other forums that detail what you can expect if you choose a Thrustmaster wheel, and why torque generally does not matter, as well as generally just further reading into which wheel you want.

G29 vs T120 - Torque discussion

User chooses G29 over T15/TMX after watching InsideSimRacing review

SimRacingPaddock's 2018 Racing Wheel Buyers' Guide

r/simracing Torque Discussion

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

-> Moved to Peripherals, topics merged

Edited by colonel_mortis
topics merged

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Peripherals, topics merged

thank you i did not know which topic to put in

5 hours ago, sowon said:

Obligatory "I'm a Logitech G920 owner and I've had no issues" statement aside, a few things to note about the Logitech G920 and the Thrustmaster TX.

The Logitech G920/29 produces 2.2Nm of torque; The Thrustmaster TMX produces 2Nm of torque.

source

The Logitech Shifter is an optional extra, you do not need to buy it, unless the simulator you're playing on has cars with H-shifters, otherwise the paddle shifters used for sequential semi-automatic cars will suffice.

I've got my money on that you're likely using too high of a force feedback setting. This can also depend on what game you are playing. Simcade games like Project Cars 2 will definitely rock you out of the wheel on 100% force feedback, while other simulation games like Assetto Corsa Competizione are more lenient on how aggressive the overall force feedback profile is.

Arguably, your final point about the G920 being too violent would contradict how you said the G920 produces less feedback... Unless you really despise the gear-driven force feedback system of the G920 for some reason.

I feel like you're highly dismissing the G920 and other gear-driven racing wheels due to your soiled experience with the G920 which I still feel is wholely undeserved. You've given no real critcism towards the wheel apart from "It's too violent and doesn't produce enough force feedback, it's also loud", which have lacked anecdotal evidence apart from "My friend owns one and I used it for a while".

Reality is, gear-driven racing wheels are what you will come to expect from this $150-$250 price point, with the Thrustmaster being the only real belt-hybrid I have come across from a few minutes of research with your given pricepoint.

Admittedly I am a little disappointed you find the G920 to have let you down as it has, but I'd highly recommend you give it another shot, and properly configure force feedback and get to know the wheel better. You've already tried it, and therefor you would be able to know the wheel and the pedals with a few more laps around the track.

That being said, you also mentioned your friend also owns a Thrustmaster TX so... The choice is really in your ballpark. You have experience with both Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels, reality is it's up to you to decide which you want for yourself, but like I said earlier, I feel like you're letting your emotions cloud your judgement regarding the Logitech G920.

However, I can understand that if you truly despise the Logitech wheels, I won't force them down your throat.

For further reading on Thrustmaster wheels, I've found some posts from other forums that detail what you can expect if you choose a Thrustmaster wheel, and why torque generally does not matter, as well as generally just further reading into which wheel you want.

G29 vs T120 - Torque discussion

User chooses G29 over T15/TMX after watching InsideSimRacing review

SimRacingPaddock's 2018 Racing Wheel Buyers' Guide

r/simracing Torque Discussion

i think its because the wheels old and it vibrates vionlently, and the tmx does produce more torque, idk where you got 2nm of torgue from

8 minutes ago, ComputerBuilder said:

and the tmx does produce more torque, idk where you got 2nm of torgue from

Could you provide a source for where you belive the TMX is producing more torque? At the moment, you sound like you're trying to justify the TMX.

Additionally, why are you complaining about the G920 being violent, but also complaining that it's not producing enough force? Which are you actually looking for in a wheel? The 2nm of torque that the G920 procudes is typical for a consumer-grade racing wheel.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

1 hour ago, sowon said:

Could you provide a source for where you belive the TMX is producing more torque? At the moment, you sound like you're trying to justify the TMX.

Additionally, why are you complaining about the G920 being violent, but also complaining that it's not producing enough force? Which are you actually looking for in a wheel? The 2nm of torque that the G920 procudes is typical for a consumer-grade racing wheel.

i watched a video buyers guide ill try to find it again, it might have been the wrong wheel idk, and the tmx deal i found is a great deal, so tmx it is

• 1 month later...

get the tmx pro comes with a good wheel and pedals and its $250, I have both, but since you dont want the g920 I would recommend the tmx pro

1 minute ago, ledizz said:

get the tmx pro comes with a good wheel and pedals and its $250, I have both, but since you dont want the g920 I would recommend the tmx pro

this post is like a month old LMAO

1 hour ago, ComputerBuilder said:

this post is like a month old LMAO

what did u get then?