Staff, do you see who has reported a post?

pythonmegapixel

Hi,

Occasionally if I'm not sure whether I have posted in the right section, I'll make my post and then report it so that a member of staff can move it if appropriate. In these cases I like to make it clear that I am OP to whoever is reviewing the report, so I usually sign the report with my username, like this:

Regards,

pythonmegapixel

This lead me to wonder whether reports are anonymous, or whether staff see the username of who the report came from? Because if you do see the username, then I'm not really adding anything by signing off like that...

In addition, do you get the "Author" tag next to the name when a user reports their own post, in the same way as when a user replies to their own thread?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

I think they see who reported it. I haven't seen anything about them being anonymous

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

We do see who submitted the report.

Feel free to sign off in report comments if you like. 

4 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

In addition, do you get the "Author" tag next to the name when a user reports their own post, in the same way as when a user replies to their own thread?

No, but it's obvious when someone is reporting their own post.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

45 minutes ago, Spotty said:

We do see who submitted the report.

Feel free to sign off in report comments if you like. 

No, but it's obvious when someone is reporting their own post.

Can we see a screenshot of what a report would look like? 

Hiding sensitive content naturally. 

Just curious if we're allowed to know the interface to help make better reports. 

1 hour ago, fpo said:

Can we see a screenshot of what a report would look like? 

This was posted on the moderator on the forum thread earlier this month, I think this is what they see.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

18 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

This was posted on the moderator on the forum thread earlier this month, I think this is what they see.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that post.

I figured there'd be more stuff to it haha.