6 or 8gb ram Mobile

Another_Blood

Hello

is there much difference in games? 6 vs 8 ram ?

i Go to buy xiaomi mi 10T 

but I have a question, there is an offer,

Xiaomi mi 10T 6gb ram 128GB + Xiaomi scooter Essential = 500 eu 

or 

Xiaomi mi 10t 8gb ram 128gb ( without the scooter ) = 430 eu 

the games play is call Of Duty, black desert móbile, etc 

ty all and merry christmas 

I have a 6gb Note 8 pro, never ran out of memory.

2gb free memory on idle, 500-1000mb when gaming, which is still alot.

I say get the scooter bundle, the scooter alone cost $300.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

I have a 6gb Note 8 pro, never ran out of memory.

2gb free memory on idle, 500-1000mb when gaming, which is still alot.

I say get the scooter bundle, the scooter alone cost $300.

That's a very wrong conclusion there. That's not how Ram works.

You can't run out of memory under Android. Even if you had 3gb Ram, you could NOT run out. It will NEVER be "full" with 0 mb free.

As soon a certain threshold is hit, Android closes an older Application, so you can run your current one.

If you open that closed App again, it will reload, instead "beeing already loaded, ready go go".

Checking free Ram on Android for this question is like opening your Fridge over and over again, just to check if the light really goes off if you close the door. That's simply not how Ram works, not in the slightest.

I have a 12gb Ram phone, and i have 8,4gb Ram "in usage". Not playing any Game right now, it's justt sitting on the Desk.

If i had 8gb Ram (like my Last one), Ram usage wouldn't go past like 7,2 gb or something like that, and older stuff will be kicked out.

--> If more Ram is there, more Ram will be used. That doesn't mean, that this used Ram is "needed". But it's there, so it makes just sense to use it to cache some stuff. Unused Ram = useless Ram.

8gb Ram instead of 6 simply lets you have more Apps open at the same Time without reloading.0

If you have 8gb Ram instead of 6, the OS and other App will simply use more. Because there is more.

Do you absolutely HATE whenever an App reloads when you open it again? Then you might want more Ram.

You don't care that half a second reload, as long the App runs, you want to use? You can stick to 6gb Ram. there is no App, that won't work. Older Apps will just be closed earlier.

Not visual enough? Imagine your Desk. Now imagine a larger Desk, where you can put more stuff on it at the same time, before you have to put older stuff back into your Drawer.

Or let me try this way: On 8gb Ram, you could probably switch from Black Desert Mobile to CoD, and back again. And both Games will still be fully loaded, ready to go. With 6gb Ram, the older Game COULD get kicked out, and if you switch back, it will have to reload again. Depending on your other Apps, and how much Ram those Games actually use.

That deal with the Scooter is quite good, since that thing costs like 300+  alone?

So yea, get the Bundle if you use the scooter. Or simply sell the scooter for 200-250.

If you don't care for the scooter, and don't want to waste your Time with selling, get the 8gb Version.

17 hours ago, Darkseth said:

That's a very wrong conclusion there. That's not how Ram works.

You can't run out of memory under Android. Even if you had 3gb Ram, you could NOT run out. It will NEVER be "full" with 0 mb free.

As soon a certain threshold is hit, Android closes an older Application, so you can run your current one.

If you open that closed App again, it will reload, instead "beeing already loaded, ready go go".

Checking free Ram on Android for this question is like opening your Fridge over and over again, just to check if the light really goes off if you close the door. That's simply not how Ram works, not in the slightest.

I have a 12gb Ram phone, and i have 8,4gb Ram "in usage". Not playing any Game right now, it's justt sitting on the Desk.

If i had 8gb Ram (like my Last one), Ram usage wouldn't go past like 7,2 gb or something like that, and older stuff will be kicked out.

--> If more Ram is there, more Ram will be used. That doesn't mean, that this used Ram is "needed". But it's there, so it makes just sense to use it to cache some stuff. Unused Ram = useless Ram.

8gb Ram instead of 6 simply lets you have more Apps open at the same Time without reloading.0

If you have 8gb Ram instead of 6, the OS and other App will simply use more. Because there is more.

Do you absolutely HATE whenever an App reloads when you open it again? Then you might want more Ram.

You don't care that half a second reload, as long the App runs, you want to use? You can stick to 6gb Ram. there is no App, that won't work. Older Apps will just be closed earlier.

Not visual enough? Imagine your Desk. Now imagine a larger Desk, where you can put more stuff on it at the same time, before you have to put older stuff back into your Drawer.

Or let me try this way: On 8gb Ram, you could probably switch from Black Desert Mobile to CoD, and back again. And both Games will still be fully loaded, ready to go. With 6gb Ram, the older Game COULD get kicked out, and if you switch back, it will have to reload again. Depending on your other Apps, and how much Ram those Games actually use.

That deal with the Scooter is quite good, since that thing costs like 300+  alone?

So yea, get the Bundle if you use the scooter. Or simply sell the scooter for 200-250.

If you don't care for the scooter, and don't want to waste your Time with selling, get the 8gb Version.

I think Go to buy xiaomi mi 10t 8gb

its much difference in games and power for iPhone XS?the change would be noticed?

7 hours ago, Another_Blood said:

I think Go to buy xiaomi mi 10t 8gb

its much difference in games and power for iPhone XS?the change would be noticed?

It's hard to say... the chip in the Mi 10T is certainly newer, but as we've seen, Snapdragon chips tend to be a generation or so behind Apple's chips in performance. If I were going to leave the iPhone XS for Xiaomi's phone, it would be for other reasons (high refresh rate, fast wireless charging, that sort of thing).

One thing's for sure: the RAM won't tell you everything. Apple's RAM usage is much more efficient, so the 4GB in the XS is closer to 6-8GB on an Android phone.

Get the bundle. It's way more worth it in my opinion. I have a Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro with 6GB of RAM, it's plenty fine for COD. Don't know about the other game though. But this is definitely quite a good deal.

On 12/26/2020 at 4:52 PM, huilun02 said:

How was your experience with the XS and why are you going for a new phone?

Broken phone, and i have 2 options, repair 400 eu or buy new

or...wait  Xiaomi 11 XD