8gb Vram 1440p next few years?

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hi all, I just ordered a 3070 and am worried slightly about its 8gb vram, should I be fine for the next 2 -3 years playing mostly comp FPS titles, and some upcoming titles such as cyberpunk, fc6? I’ve seen a lot of worrying posts regarding vram usage, whilst others point towards 1440p on average only using 6gb of vram, or allocating more vram than the games actually use. 

what do you guys think?

thanks,

Niko.

8gb for 1440p should be fine for the next 4-5 years in my opinion. your issues should be with other parts of the card like AI upscaling, 4k actually being a real thing now, ray tracing, and a general increase in demand for GPU power with new games.

All in all, the card will last you as long as you feel it works for you, with my recommendation for people being get the most expensive card you can reasonably afford and you should get a reasonable amount of time from it.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

You should be fine, most games barely break 8GBs (of actual usage, what you see in task manager or afterburner is the allocated memory usage) at 4K (even MSFS only hits 8.5 most of the time at 4K).

You can always turn down a few settings in the future if it really does start being an issue

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1