New build does not post, what tf do I do?

AlmightyJohn

Hello, I just finsihed building a computer (not for me) and I’m super worried. The computer does start like normal for probally just a secound. Then it shuts down. I firat thought it was something with the psu but now im starting to doubt the compabillity with the old motherboard, MSI Z170A PC mate and the new intel i5 9600k. Its the same socket so it should fit, right? Pc part picker does not seem to like them togheter. Please I need help so bad.

2 minutes ago, AlmightyJohn said:

Hello, I just finsihed building a computer (not for me) and I’m super worried. The computer does start like normal for probally just a secound. Then it shuts down. I firat thought it was something with the psu but now im starting to doubt the compabillity with the old motherboard, MSI Z170A PC mate and the new intel i5 9600k. Its the same socket so it should fit, right? Pc part picker does not seem to like them togheter. Please I need help so bad.

Heres a quick google search for you1459553367_Screenshot2020-12-24at4_54_10PM.thumb.png.8018dfe1d1e625fa8c5cfb59ec051b55.png

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

3 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe. said:

Heres a quick google search for you1459553367_Screenshot2020-12-24at4_54_10PM.thumb.png.8018dfe1d1e625fa8c5cfb59ec051b55.png

Omg Im so fucking dumb I cant afford a new motherboard, ok well thanks at least and merry christmas

Just now, AlmightyJohn said:

Omg Im so fucking dumb I cant afford a new motherboard, ok well thanks at least and merry christmas

Yeah lol remember to do your research.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 minute ago, AlmightyJohn said:

Can it be returned?

24 minutes ago, AlmightyJohn said:

Here is a list of compatible CPU's for the motherboard: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/z170a-pc-mate#support-cpu

8th/9th generation Intel CPU's are LGA 1151, so are 6th/7th generation, but they might as well be v2 and v1 respectively, as they are not cross-compatible.

You need to get a different CPU or different motherboard. See if you can return either.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

On 12/25/2020 at 12:17 AM, minibois said:

Here is a list of compatible CPU's for the motherboard: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/z170a-pc-mate#support-cpu

8th/9th generation Intel CPU's are LGA 1151, so are 6th/7th generation, but they might as well be v2 and v1 respectively, as they are not cross-compatible.

You need to get a different CPU or different motherboard. See if you can return either.

Yeah sorry for the late reply and many thanks, solved it with simply buying another motherboard.

On 12/25/2020 at 12:00 AM, Quackers101 said:

Can it be returned?

We orderd a new mobo so solved it that way!