SATA 3 Port on Motherboard

Blind X
Go to solution Solved by Speedbird,
1 minute ago, Blind X said:

Thanks but still a bit confusing for me.. can u specifically tell me the colour?

There are 4

Light orange

Dark orange

Black

Red

Page 82 of that PDF has a diagram. From here, it looks like light orange and red. But I would double check with the diagram.

Hey Everyone! 

I just need a quick look from any of you who can tell me which of these ports are SATA 3 on my motherboard..

I am assembling the pc rn so any help will be highly appreciated.. 

Just want to know this bcz as much as I know my hard drives won't benefit from SATA 3 as they are not even fast enough to saturate SATA 2. So I want to leave my SATA 3 port empty for an SSD which I do not have at the moment..

Thanks in advance.

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

Orange

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

all modern PCs have SATA 3 even on the lowend these days, actually that has been the trend for more than 7 years now, unless you're running an older platform like me (lga1155) then you might have to look online or some manual, by the difference of color it does look it they are mix of sata 2 and 3.

Its an old one... The board is called the Lenovo MAHOBAY and the pc is a tower LENOVO ThinkCentre m92p (3rd gen). So I am not sure if all of 'em are SATA 3.

Can u find it for me with the information I have given you? Would be a lot of help..

I am trying to figure out myself too. 

Thanks.

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

Orange

2 shades of orange are there.. 

A dark one under the black

Or the light one above red?

2 shades of orange are there.. 

A dark one under the black

Or the light one above red?

Oh damn I'm stupid it just the port numbers. If you say its 3rd gen then all of them should be sata 3, apart from the esata port

image.png

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Seeing as you still have eSATA I am going to go out on a limb and say that they are likely all SATA 2 ports but I can't confirm 'till I take a look at Lenovo's spec sheet.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Just now, DoctorNick said:

image.thumb.png.81d26d0e857d24ece813c5b9dbebc0e7.png

These are numbers associated with the ports not the standards themselves. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Seeing as you still have eSATA I am going to go out on a limb and say that they are likely all SATA 2 ports but I can't confirm 'till I take a look at Lenovo's spec sheet.

4 minutes ago, Blind X said:

Its an old one... The board is called the Lenovo MAHOBAY and the pc is a tower LENOVO ThinkCentre m92p (3rd gen). So I am not sure if all of 'em are SATA 3.

Can u find it for me with the information I have given you? Would be a lot of help..

Thanks.

Here are the details of the system..

Currently reading the spec sheet

6 minutes ago, Blind X said:

Thanks.

I found this manual: https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkcentre_pdf/m82m92p_hmm.pdf

According to this, the top ports (closest to the top of the case) are SATA 3, with one eSATA and one SATA 2.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

3 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

image.thumb.png.81d26d0e857d24ece813c5b9dbebc0e7.png

Bro on the left side there is also written SATA 4 with the orange port and SATA 5 with the black one...

I cant get my camera there bcz of cables and its also in the corner to show u from the other side.. so i have no idea

2 minutes ago, Blind X said:

Which variant is this? the USFF SFF or micro tower?

2 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Which variant is this? the USFF SFF or micro tower?

No idea about usff or sff.. i just know that it is some sort of a mid or mini tower... Not the slim deaktop one

5 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

I found this manual: https://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkcentre_pdf/m82m92p_hmm.pdf

According to this, the top ports (closest to the top of the case) are SATA 3, with one eSATA and one SATA 2.

Thanks but still a bit confusing for me.. can u specifically tell me the colour?

There are 4

Light orange

Dark orange

Black

Red

There are 4

Light orange

Dark orange

Black

Red

Page 82 of that PDF has a diagram. From here, it looks like light orange and red. But I would double check with the diagram.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

4 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

Even on 3rd gen not all ports on either b75, q77, h77 or z77 etc. are SATA 3

By thrid gen I meant it support all 3rd gen i3, i5 and i7

There are 4

Light orange

Dark orange

Black

Red

It looks like Red and Yellow are likely SATA 3, orange is likely SATA two, and Black is ESATA. What I can tell you from the spec sheet, you have one SATA 2 (that is not black) and two SATA 3 (which is also not black.) 

3 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

Ahh yess.. the light orange and the red ones are the SATA 3.. Thank you so much for the help..

I got the answer.. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH

I really appreciate the help from you guys and love you all for the quick replies.