Titanfall graphics test highlights glitches on Xbox One (İNC.video)

Mr.Duck

titanfall-lead.jpg

If there was ever a game that could cope with a few graphical imperfections, it'd be a frenetic multiplayer shooter like Titanfall. But flaws do visibly exist on the Xbox One version of that game, and Eurogamer has highlighted them in a side-by-side video with the PC version. You can see the impact of the console's lower resolution (1408 x 792) and weaker anti-aliasing, versus the 1080p experience offered by a mid-range Windows gaming rig (with a six-core AMD FX CPU and aNVIDIA GTX 760 graphics card). More noticeable than any of that, however, is the issue of screen tearing: Horizontal slashes that happen when the game drops below the holy grail of 60 frames per second that its creators intended. LikeEurogamer, we really don't think this does significant damage to Titanfall's overall experience -- we're still glued to it -- but this is one more notable instance of a mismatch between what developers wanted to achieve in a next-gen title, and what Microsoft's console was able to deliver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Zzkw4T04A&hd=1

SOURCE:http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/17/titanfall-graphics-test-xbox-one-pc/

Doesn't really surprise me, the resolution it runs at is a pretty strange one though. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

someone wants that news badge lol haha jk

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Wow, your posting a lot of news.....

Just got back from school :P

Wait isn't screen tearing caused by too high frame rates?

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

The "new gen" consoles look awful. They are really last gen. And then the console fans are like "whoow dem graphics :o "

|OscillosC Build|+ Raspberry Pi [NAS] + Another G5 + Personal + HTPC: Asus Z87-A - Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.5ghz 1.15v - Noctua NH-D14 - Gigabyte Radeon HD7870 OC @ 1170mhz core- Kingston HyperX 8gb 1600mhz CL9 - Samsung 840 PRO 128Gb SSD for Windows- Kingston V300 120gb for Ubuntu- WD Caviar Black 1Tb For games and programs - WD Caviar Green 2Tb For videos, photos, music, and backups- Seasonic P660 XP2 Platinum - Windows 8.1 PRO - Ubuntu 14.04 - Modded Bitfenix Ghost

The "new gen" consoles look awful. They are really last gen. And then the console fans are like "whoow dem graphics :o "

ikr...

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

The hardware improvement is more than marginal, however the software just isn't there and I'm not talking about not being optimized yet, I'm talking about  quality so called next-gen titles. Honestly the only positive thing is that since then PC is experiencing something of a boost, even better that (some) console gamer might (hopefully) see how much more powerful even a modest PC gaming rig can be, though judging from sales numbers, particularly on the PS4, I doubt it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Btw you have just mindfucked me with that profile picture :D

|OscillosC Build|+ Raspberry Pi [NAS] + Another G5 + Personal + HTPC: Asus Z87-A - Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.5ghz 1.15v - Noctua NH-D14 - Gigabyte Radeon HD7870 OC @ 1170mhz core- Kingston HyperX 8gb 1600mhz CL9 - Samsung 840 PRO 128Gb SSD for Windows- Kingston V300 120gb for Ubuntu- WD Caviar Black 1Tb For games and programs - WD Caviar Green 2Tb For videos, photos, music, and backups- Seasonic P660 XP2 Platinum - Windows 8.1 PRO - Ubuntu 14.04 - Modded Bitfenix Ghost

This! I will never understand this...

Yikes. That's worse than I could have anticipated. Do console games just not notice screen tearing and other artifacts, or do they simply not care?

Could you please make sure to use the automatic font color and not black? This is how this thread looks with the dark skin:

3jZnWTn.png

7ZU3lVm.png

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

That is just one cause of it. It is also caused by low frame rate and bad hardware.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Screen tearing occurs when the frame buffer changes while the screen is being refreshed.

The best time to change the frame buffer is when the screen is not refreshing.  This is during a period known as "vblank".  If you consider the time your monitor is refreshing as "screen refresh", then this time period will be followed by "vblank" where the screen is not refreshing.  It is at this time the game should be performing rendering, or at least taking a completed render and moving it to the frame buffer.

| --- screen refresh --- | -- vblank -- | --- screen refresh --- | -- vblank -- | --- screen refresh --- | -- vblank -- |

Therefore, it is not necessary that tearing will occur on very high framerates.  Tearing can occur on low frame rates as well.  In fact, if you update the screen multiple times before vblank, you will see a second tear line.  You could even say that in some cases, for every additional 60 FPS you get on a 60 Hz monitor (e.g. 180 FPS), you will see an additional tear line.  This assumes the game is just updating the frame buffer as fast as possible.

No not always.

That is just one cause of it. It is also caused by low frame rate and bad hardware.

Screen tearing occurs when the frame buffer changes while the screen is being refreshed.

The best time to change the frame buffer is when the screen is not refreshing.  This is during a period known as "vblank".  If you consider the time your monitor is refreshing as "screen refresh", then this time period will be followed by "vblank" where the screen is not refreshing.  It is at this time the game should be performing rendering, or at least taking a completed render and moving it to the frame buffer.

| --- screen refresh --- | -- vblank -- | --- screen refresh --- | -- vblank -- | --- screen refresh --- | -- vblank -- |

Therefore, it is not necessary that tearing will occur on very high framerates.  Tearing can occur on low frame rates as well.  In fact, if you update the screen multiple times before vblank, you will see a second tear line.  You could even say that in some cases, for every additional 60 FPS you get on a 60 Hz monitor (e.g. 180 FPS), you will see an additional tear line.  This assumes the game is just updating the frame buffer as fast as possible.

No not always.

ah okay, I already was a bit confused, ty. Well then it is all the more proof that the consoles are too weak.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

ah okay, I already was a bit confused, ty. Well then it is all the more proof that the consoles are too weak.

Well yes that to. The hardware in either console is seriously under powered. If this console gen lasts longer then 3 years then games will start to look like ass again. Probably even 2 years. Consoles are already far behind mid range PC's and almost low end gaming PC's which is the problem at the moment.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard