Newly bought rtx 3060 ti founders edition does create driver problems

Zerebratox

Hi,

today i installed my newly bought 3060 ti founders edition and everything seemed to work fine.

But after some hours a problem occured. My monitors turn off / go blank and i can here the youtube video which plays in the background and after that the image restores after about 10 - 15 seconds.

I'll get the windows error code 4101 which says the the display driver "nvlddmkm" doesnt react and had to be restored.

I didnt have the problem with my evga 980 ti classified 2.0 before. Is my gpu broken? Or what can create those problems?

I am happy about any help.

Best Regards
Felix

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Use DDU, reinstall the drivers 

with ddu i am never sure which options to use and am scared to destroy anything in windows.
I did a nvidia reinstall, is that not enough i guess?

6 minutes ago, Zerebratox said:

with ddu i am never sure which options to use and am scared to destroy anything in windows.
I did a nvidia reinstall, is that not enough i guess?

That would be the proper way - just hit clean and restart.

DDU would be the way to go as it basically scrubs your system clean 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

That would be the proper way - just hit clean and restart.

DDU would be the way to go as it basically scrubs your system clean 

I will try. Thank you

2 hours ago, Zerebratox said:

I will try. Thank you

I did it and after some time it occured again

3 hours ago, Zerebratox said:

I did it and after some time it occured again

Thanks for letting us know. I was going to buy one, if it was in stock.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

7 hours ago, Zerebratox said:

Hi,

today i installed my newly bought 3060 ti founders edition and everything seemed to work fine.

But after some hours a problem occured. My monitors turn off / go blank and i can here the youtube video which plays in the background and after that the image restores after about 10 - 15 seconds.

I'll get the windows error code 4101 which says the the display driver "nvlddmkm" doesnt react and had to be restored.

I didnt have the problem with my evga 980 ti classified 2.0 before. Is my gpu broken? Or what can create those problems?

I am happy about any help.

Best Regards
Felix

Are you using driver 460.97 (edit) hotfix or whatever that driver is?

The last two drivers are legendary for crashing while watching stuff on youtube.  This has been discussed and raged at nonstop on the driver threads on reddit and geforce.com

I would suggest waiting for a new driver.  Until then, you can avoid this problem by

1) setting NVCP to prefer maximum performance, then rebooting your computer.

2) Using MSI Afterburner and lock the 1.062v voltage point on the V/F graph, by pressing L on the v/f chart and then applying (this will lock your GPU at full 3D boost clocks though).

11 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

The last two drivers are legendary for crashing while watching stuff on youtube.  This has been discussed and raged at nonstop on the driver threads on reddit and geforce.com

I would suggest waiting for a new driver.  Until then, you can avoid this problem by

2) Using MSI Afterburner and lock the 1.062v voltage point on the V/F graph, by pressing L on the v/f chart and then applying (this will lock your GPU at full 3D boost clocks though).

Lets See if This will help, i will keep you updated

On 12/23/2020 at 12:36 AM, Falkentyne said:

Today im on my pc again. I checked the nvidia driver its the 690.89 (is this one legendary for crashing?)

Im not quite sure what NVCP is? Nvidia Control Panel?

Yes NVCP stands for Nvidia control panel.

It's the 460.89 and that other game ready driver or hotfix right next to it that seems to be crashing.

From what I've been able to determine, EVERY Single driver after 457.44 (vulkan beta development driver) seems to be causing problems for different people.

And all the drivers AFTER 456.98 hotfix seem to be triggering "random" 6500C thermal "blip" alerts on the VRAM/VRM ICs during some load changes (at least on 3090 cards, someone was able to verify this bug by looking on a board with VRAM temp sensors).

6 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

It's the 460.89 and that other game ready driver or hotfix right next to it that seems to be crashing.

From what I've been able to determine, EVERY Single driver after 457.44 (vulkan beta development driver) seems to be causing problems for different people.

And all the drivers AFTER 456.98 hotfix seem to be triggering "random" 6500C thermal "blip" alerts on the VRAM/VRM ICs during some load changes (at least on 3090 cards, someone was able to verify this bug by looking on a board with VRAM temp sensors).

Thank you for your insight on this topic.

I tried the first fix you told me, by setting it to Max Performance in NVCP and so far there have been no problems.

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2020 at 10:30 PM, Falkentyne said:

Well i tried to change the the Power settings back in NVCP now that 2 newer drivers are out, but the problem seems to persist.

Every 5 minutes i get the nvlddmkm error again, that the display driver didn't react and needed to restart.

Is this still the case for others?

On 1/27/2021 at 1:59 PM, Zerebratox said:

Well i tried to change the the Power settings back in NVCP now that 2 newer drivers are out, but the problem seems to persist.

Every 5 minutes i get the nvlddmkm error again, that the display driver didn't react and needed to restart.

Is this still the case for others?

I also bought a 3060 ti on launch day. a few drivers i had seemed to crash a lot less for me, but i don't really know which version they were. The one i currently have(461.40) is rather bad for me though. In the last 2 days, i have had multiple crashes which have either hard resetted my pc or forced me to restart my pc, because if I start any game, it is a black screen and makes the driver crash again after about 10 seconds of black screen. I really hope nvidia fixes the drivers soon.