No image file detected in BIOS

Dylan L Robinson

Hey, 

I need to update my bios to support the ryzen 3000 series due to a recent purchase. 

my motherboard is the AB350M-HDV ASrock board, and I've tried installing the latest bios version and doing an instant flash via the BIOS. My USB is FAT32, plugged into usb 2.0 port. I've unzipped the contents of the download and put it in the USB. I've tried different variations, the unzipped file along with the contents of the file, as well as just the contents of the file, as well as just the file (In the usb). Nothing is seeming to be working... I've also tried over 5 different USBs. I've also reset the cmos because I had some overclocks which I was using, thought that might have been a problem, no luck there. The one clue or plus I have going for me is the file actually displays in the instant flash for around a second, then it will disappear and say 'no image file detected'

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/AB350M-HDV/index.asp#BIOS

The link from which I installed my BIOS update. 

See the attached file below for my computers motherboard. 

Let me know if there's anything I can do? Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers.

1pic.PNG

There's instructions on the Asrock site: https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS10

It contains instructions along with screenshots how to do it.

Did you notice the part where it says "*Before updating this BIOS, please also read the description in previous BIOS version."

If you follow that long enough you'll end up on something like "*** If the current BIOS version is older than P5.50, please update BIOS to P5.50(PinnaclePI-AM4_1.0.0.6) before updating this version."

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Yeah I saw that, didn't realise I would have to update twice to get to my desired version...
ill try that I guess?

Cheers, 

yeah, update to next version, one at a time, if you have to. 

Also after an update it's possible for the motherboard to take up to 1 minute or so to boot, don't shut it down prematurely, let it sort itself out. 

Yeah, it worked. I had to update 3 times before I was up to date. A bit of a hassle but never the less, the CPU is installed and working.

appreciate the quick responses and help!

• 3 months later...

I know I'm dragging on an oldish thread, but this is similar to my issue.

1.  I have a prebuilt CyberPowerPC.

2.  I was able to get the BIOS update file for Instant Flash (ASRock B450M "Gaming" although CyberPower seems to be the only people using this...)

3.  I downloaded and extracted the file.

4.  I have multiple USB 2.0 sticks

5.  Formatted the sticks using Rufus, Disk Part, standard Windows using FAT32.

6.  Specified NON BOOTABLE when using Rufus

7.  Attempted GPT and MBR partition types.

8.  Set sector to default 8192 and 4096 types

9.  Drive is 16GB

10.  Attempted both F2 and "Instant Flash" and F6 to go directly to the utility

11.  Boot Override in the BIOS shows the drive to be recognized as connected.

12.  Multiple USB 2.0 Ports, no change.

No matter what I do, the file does NOT show up.  I even downloaded the most recent file for an extremely similar board ASRock B450/ac, and that file wasn't recognized either.  Instant Flash does not appear to see the file at all.  I have even attached the BIOS file as provided directly by CyberPower.  I'm sure I'm doing SOMETHING wrong, but there doesn't appear to be any way to actually recognize this file at all through any means I've searched...

ASRock B450M Gaming (not B450AM Gaming) RGBs - CyberPowerPC Forum

Help would be greatly appreciated, as I can't move from my current R5 2600 to a 3700 that I currently have in my possession.  Current version is P1.0

B45MPCB2.20

• 2 years later...

I am also having same problem with cyberpower PC. B450M GAMING. BOIS does not recognize any bios I have tried. Many say to use the "B405M a/c" but still nothing works. Asrock  does not seem to have anything on this motherboard version.

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2021 at 6:15 PM, ReverendDC said:

I know I'm dragging on an oldish thread, but this is similar to my issue.

1.  I have a prebuilt CyberPowerPC.

2.  I was able to get the BIOS update file for Instant Flash (ASRock B450M "Gaming" although CyberPower seems to be the only people using this...)

3.  I downloaded and extracted the file.

4.  I have multiple USB 2.0 sticks

5.  Formatted the sticks using Rufus, Disk Part, standard Windows using FAT32.

6.  Specified NON BOOTABLE when using Rufus

7.  Attempted GPT and MBR partition types.

8.  Set sector to default 8192 and 4096 types

9.  Drive is 16GB

10.  Attempted both F2 and "Instant Flash" and F6 to go directly to the utility

11.  Boot Override in the BIOS shows the drive to be recognized as connected.

12.  Multiple USB 2.0 Ports, no change.

No matter what I do, the file does NOT show up.  I even downloaded the most recent file for an extremely similar board ASRock B450/ac, and that file wasn't recognized either.  Instant Flash does not appear to see the file at all.  I have even attached the BIOS file as provided directly by CyberPower.  I'm sure I'm doing SOMETHING wrong, but there doesn't appear to be any way to actually recognize this file at all through any means I've searched...

ASRock B450M Gaming (not B450AM Gaming) RGBs - CyberPowerPC Forum

Help would be greatly appreciated, as I can't move from my current R5 2600 to a 3700 that I currently have in my possession.  Current version is P1.0

B45MPCB2.20 16 MB · 2 downloads

I am have long this same issue and don’t know what to do ?