Secondary monitor advice

JayR

I have the Alienware 27 Gaming Monitor - AW2721D (Latest Model) - 240H for my main gaming monitor.

I would like a secondary monitor for my workstation use, a 27" Dell  specifically. 

Something that give a great color calibration out of the box from factory. Looking for good display HDR

I've heard that 4K monitors don't go well with 1440p monitors atm, due to some resizing display issues with windows. 

If that's not the case then a 4k monitor I think would be my best choice for a workstation screen, I just need advice in what to choice.

Budget is $700.

I'd prefer something more then 60hz, but if not then I'm fine with that, only because it's only for my workstation usage.

It's hard for me to give you advice since the European prices are fairly different from the American ones. What I can tell you is that the scaling issues with Windows are horrible.

I use a XPS 13 with a 4K panel and an external dell monitor (1440p) (for for work) but using it as a dual-screen solution just doesn't work. Half of the time apps don't scale properly (back). Resulting in blown up or insanely small text. This can only be solved by a reboot.

Most of the time I just boot it on the external display when at the office and reboot it before going portable. Good luck with your search though.