copy and past bug

thrasher_565

Browser, version and OS: firefox,windows7

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

copy a word form google search bar, highlight your world on the from and past it.

What happened?

it past it but did not remove what you highlighted

What did you expect to happen?

the highlighted word to be replaced.

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

Any other relevant details:

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Confirmed. Thats really odd behavior.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LogicalDrm said:

Confirmed. Thats really odd behavior.

ya as most no i sux at spelling so some times i use google seem to be better then spell check and this has been bugging me for some time...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

4 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

ya as most no i sux at spelling so some times i use google seem to be better then spell check and this has been bugging me for some time...

I usually copy from results, and copying from Google's actual search bar after loading it works fine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

is this how you spell paste in BC? :)

why cant English be spelt the way they sound... my life be like....

Edited by thrasher_565

3 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

add another e to paste and you get pastee, those things they stick on their nipples at the topless bar

i had a grad 6 teacher that would use lower case and capitals in words. when i wight with a pen i do that as i have vary bad writing some upper case looks clearer also i get lazy wringing so i pick w/e is faster to wright.

Edited by thrasher_565

image.png.54a1091cf8e2a8569a0f9ebf92712598.png

I can reproduce this, but it looks pretty nasty to fix - it seems that there was a change to how Firefox handles some weird edge cases to do with selection that are being triggered by the editor when pasting plain text. Fixing it will either need changes in Firefox or in some relatively deep dependencies of the forum, neither of which are likely to happen quickly.

For the time being, I would suggest just backspacing the old content before pasting to work around this, but I will continue to see if there's anything I can do to expedite the process.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

I can reproduce this, but it looks pretty nasty to fix - it seems that there was a change to how Firefox handles some weird edge cases to do with selection that are being triggered by the editor when pasting plain text. Fixing it will either need changes in Firefox or in some relatively deep dependencies of the forum, neither of which are likely to happen quickly.

I just tried it on mobile in Chrome browser and it did the same thing. Whatever you paste is added to the end of whatever was highlighted instead of replacing it.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450