Getting sick and tired of waiting

leonardmartin29

I just "finished" building my new pc specs below. i am waiting to buy 2 more things to have it fully setup so i can enjoy it to the fullest. first thing is a GPU i am waiting for a asus tuf rtx3080 OC, as well as a new monitor i wanna buy a samsung g7 oddssey when i get a gpu that can handle it. my current gpu is a asus gtx680. are there any other gpus that you can suggest for around $1000 cad that is either a asus card or a nvidia founders card, no amd products will be supported from me. 

cpu: 10850k

cpu cooler noctua nh-d15 chromax black

motherboard asus tuf z490 plus

ram corsair vengeance lpx 2x16 gb 3200mhz

storage 2 x 1tb samsung 970 evo plus nvme m.2

psu corsair hx850i

case Phanteks p600s

fan controller corsair commander pro

fans 6x noctua nf-a14 chromax black

"no amd products will be supported from me", eh? Good luck then....😅

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Brand loyalty on any level will get you nowhere

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Brand loyalty on any level will get you nowhere

its not about brand loyalty unfortunally i dont want alot of software to control rgb lights so thats why i say only asus or nvidia. as for the no amd i dont like amd if there were more players in the industry i would support them but i had bad experiences with amd in the past and refuse to do business with them period. 

you could probably get a 2080 ti for that price, but it would just be a waste at this point. I would either just try and wait, or open up your options. You mentioned you did not like amd, but there new stuff is really nice. I have a r5 3600 and rx 5700 xt and I have had no issues that was not solved with a driver update. I do not really know the stock situation with them though.

Just now, Hackerman25 said:

you could probably get a 2080 ti for that price, but it would just be a waste at this point. I would either just try and wait, or open up your options. You mentioned you did not like amd, but there new stuff is really nice. I have a r5 3600 and rx 5700 xt and I have had no issues that was not solved with a driver update. I do not really know the stock situation with them though.

yea my issues from amd are not hardware related but customer service related. and my experience in the past was so bad in my opinion that i just plainly refuse to do business with them or use their products. 

24 minutes ago, leonardmartin29 said:

are there any other gpus that you can suggest for around $1000 cad that is either a asus card or a nvidia founders card, no amd products will be supported from me. 

1. No. There is absolutely nothing worth buying at the $1,000 price point that's either (a.) worth $1,000 or (b.) readily available. I mean, if you're really sick and tired of waiting, you could buy a 3070 on eBay for $1,000.

2. "No AMD products will be supported from me," was a fair and valid take in 2012. Saying the same thing in 2020 just shuts you out from a whole range of products that are on par with Intel and frequently better value.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

3 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

1. No. There is absolutely nothing worth buying at the $1,000 price point that's either (a.) worth $1,000 or (b.) readily available. I mean, if you're really sick and tired of waiting, you could buy a 3070 on eBay for $1,000.

2. "No AMD products will be supported from me," was a fair and valid take in 2012. Saying the same thing in 2020 just shuts you out from a whole range of products that are on par with Intel and frequently better value.

1. i thought about doing that buying a 3070 from scalpers on ebay. 

2. my comment about amd is not because of their hardware at all past or present. it is because of past experiences with customer service with amd being so horrible that i just plainly refuse to do business with them or use their products when possible. 

@leonardmartin29I recommend putting this in the post so you won't get tired of people asking "why not amd?' 

2 minutes ago, leonardmartin29 said:

2. my comment about amd is not because of their hardware at all past or present. it is because of past experiences with customer service with amd being so horrible that i just plainly refuse to do business with them or use their products when possible. 

It's gonna get annoying in a little while....

24 minutes ago, leonardmartin29 said:

its not about brand loyalty unfortunally i dont want alot of software to control rgb lights so thats why i say only asus or nvidia. as for the no amd i dont like amd if there were more players in the industry i would support them but i had bad experiences with amd in the past and refuse to do business with them period. 

IF it's due to RMA, it falls on the AIB to provide the service required. If it's due to a bad card, well, it happens to the best of 'em. I've had both AMD and nVidia cards fail on me, never turned me against one or the other. Granted, I tilt toward AMD, but have been known to buy top end nVidia cards before.

The thing is, you're not only sticking with nVidia, you're hell bent on one particular model.....that's tough in light of the GPU shortage on both sides of the fence. For 1000CAD, I'd suggest you turn your eyes on the RTX3070 instead....

For myself, I'm pretty glad I'm on AMD simply because of 'availability', granted it isn't good now, but with fewer AMD buyers vis-a-vis nVidia buyers, it is relatively easier to snag an AMD card. I have a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6800 in my main rig and it's a beast for games without RT. I've pre-ordered both a PowerColor RX 6900 XT Red Devil LE and an XFX Speedster MERC319 RX 6900XT, and I'd take whichever ships first.

Oh yeah, I'm not sure about nVidia, but for AMD, I find it best to get cards from exclusive AIB's, in the case of AMD, it's PowerColor and Sapphire, and I think XFX too. I find cards from other AIB's are a mixed bag, some last a long time without issue, others...heh, not so long (and usually just after expiration of warranty). Recent experience with Gigabyte has left a bad taste in my mouth, the two RX VEGA64 Gaming OC died on me.....after warranty expired. Meanwhile, my PowerColor VEGA64 Red Devil is still going strong and is doing a righteous job in my 2nd rig.

I would suggest you look at exclusive nVidia AIB's, like eVGA (perhaps Gainward, GALAX, Zotac), because (anecdotally, no proof) they get first shot at nVidia's silicon....though it seems as of late, Asus, MSI and Gigabyte are muscling in on that, perhaps throwing more money at nVidia for a bigger bite of the pie, so to say.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

4 minutes ago, GamerDude said:

IF it's due to RMA, it falls on the AIB to provide the service required. If it's due to a bad card, well, it happens to the best of 'em. I've had both AMD and nVidia cards fail on me, never turned me against one or the other. Granted, I tilt toward AMD, but have been known to buy top end nVidia cards before.

The thing is, you're not only sticking with nVidia, you're hell bent on one particular model.....that's tough in light of the GPU shortage on both sides of the fence. For 1000CAD, I'd suggest you turn your eyes on the RTX3070 instead....

For myself, I'm pretty glad I'm on AMD simply because of 'availability', granted it isn't good now, but with fewer AMD buyers vis-a-vis nVidia buyers, it is relatively easier to snag an AMD card. I have a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6800 in my main rig and it's a beast for games without RT. I've pre-ordered both a PowerColor RX 6900 XT Red Devil LE and an XFX Speedster MERC319 RX 6900XT, and I'd take whichever ships first.

Oh yeah, I'm not sure about nVidia, but for AMD, I find it best to get cards from exclusive AIB's, in the case of AMD, it's PowerColor and Sapphire, and I think XFX too. I find cards from other AIB's are a mixed bag, some last a long time without issue, others...heh, not so long. Recent experience with Gigabyte has left a bad taste in my mouth, the two RX VEGA64 Gaming OC died on me.....after warranty expired. meanwhile, my PowerColor VEGA64 Red Devil is still going strong.

I would suggest you look at exclusive nVidia AIB's, like eVGA (perhaps Gainward, GALAX, Zotac), because (anecdotally, no proof) they get first shot at nVidia's silicon....though it seems as of late, MSI and Gigabyte are muscling in on that, perhaps throwing more money at nVidia for a bigger bite of the pie, so to say.

focusing on more than asus for aib from nvidia means downloading yet another software to control the craptactular rgb lighting. where as if i buy a asus one then i already have the software. or one that is compatible with asus aura or corsair icue i would be satisfied with but i wont download more crap software 

as for my issue with amd it was a customer service issue with AMD themselves and the horrible customer service i received from them. so i refuse to do business with them. they are starting to have some great products and it sucks but the service is so bad im willing to loose performance and not deal with amd again

1 minute ago, leonardmartin29 said:

I get it. I refuse to buy anything from Gigabyte again because I've had an ungodly number of problems with their products, and their customer service is a joke. Thing is, me saying no to Gigabyte means that I still have three mobo manufacturers to choose from. Four if you throw Biostar in there, which I'm not quite ready to do yet. And for GPUs, I only have like 70 to choose from now.

For CPUs, I get it. If you've had problems with AMD's customer service on CPUs, you buy an AMD CPU and it goes to hell, you're stuck with AMD's customer service again. But GPUs are a different story, because you're going through the AIB partner's customer service and never touching AMD. Just food for thought.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

My suggestion would still be to wait. BUT instead of idling around get discord and join stock radar. It notifies you when whenever the  product that you want comes into stock. I managed to get a 5600x in a week with it but it should be faster for you as 3080's come into stock more than 5600x's. Pro tip have 3 chrome tabs open with you signed into best buy, newegg, and amazon with all your information filled out so you dont have to do it at checkout.

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

It's funny how people say "vote with your wallet" when you have a bad experience with a company, and then when people do, they cry about how you shouldn't be brand loyal. Make up your minds people. You can't have it both ways.

If you live near a Memory Express, head down and put your name on the list for the card you want. My roommate did, and he got his 3 weeks after release.

They're only doing this for Nvidia though. Not AMD.

2 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Eh, there's loads of reasons not to be a huge fan of AMD graphics cards. They're not really on the same level as the CPU division in many ways. He already has a CPU.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, leonardmartin29 said:

yea my issues from amd are not hardware related but customer service related. and my experience in the past was so bad in my opinion that i just plainly refuse to do business with them or use their products. 

yet you want to buy Asus lol. 

Also why wait? there are plenty available, eBay ali express Amazon... 

Personally I prefer igame because they just look awesome and usually have a LCD / oled screen and an OC button!  Also they look awesome! 

https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/1005001471561445.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.18e941cbsnT7Fv&browser_id=9484d58bbf294c1eba66afc45b552b40&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=17679e1bb271e95d1bb0105c2d0bf51c210b42252e&gclid=&_imgsrc_=ae01.alicdn.com%2Fkf%2FH3dada668d8ea4498824794d710f661f95.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

never bought anything from Ali express but apparently they're not bad? 

if EVGA doesn't hurry up with my step up I'll probably go this route... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

12 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

yet you want to buy Asus lol. 

Also why wait? there are plenty available, eBay ali express Amazon... 

Personally I prefer igame because they just look awesome and usually have a LCD / oled screen and an OC button!  Also they look awesome! 

https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/1005001471561445.html?spm=a2g0n.productlist.0.0.18e941cbsnT7Fv&browser_id=9484d58bbf294c1eba66afc45b552b40&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=17679e1bb271e95d1bb0105c2d0bf51c210b42252e&gclid=&_imgsrc_=ae01.alicdn.com%2Fkf%2FH3dada668d8ea4498824794d710f661f95.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.webp

never bought anything from Ali express but apparently they're not bad? 

if EVGA doesn't hurry up with my step up I'll probably go this route... 

ive only had good experiences with Asus for customer service ive had many motherboards and gpu's from them and anytime there was a issue they addressed it and customer service was ok. my experiences with amd was horrible. im not saying for anyone to boycot amd i can only speak for myself and what i do with my personal experiences