#Spoilers Mandalorian Finale

dalekphalm

Holy shit. 

I knew he was one of the possibilities but I figured they wouldn’t have the balls to bring him on - and if they did, it would just be a tiny little scene of him collecting Grogu or something. 

Hot damn - we finally got our badass Luke. 

Thoughts?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I loved it, don't think there has been any bad episode this season but the finale blew it all to the next level :D

I've seen people complain about the CGI for Luke's face, but I don't care tbh.

Also, Boba is moving up in the world, can't wait what he's up to next!

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I am quite suprised by the speed at which disney releases seasons. I don´t follow TV series too much so I don´t know if it is common practice.

I loved the episode and the season as a whole. Particularly how Grogu went from being a completely innocent scamp to someone more... problematic.

With that said, I think we have to be careful about celebrating "badass Luke," because the implication is that the character isn't interesting unless he's chopping up enemies. I loved Luke in The Last Jedi precisely because he was allowed to show weakness and grow as a person, to show that heroes are not infallible gods. A certain amount of badassness is great — I just think we should look for more complete characters who do more than fulfill childhood power fantasies.

18 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Holy shit. 

I knew he was one of the possibilities but I figured they wouldn’t have the balls to bring him on - and if they did, it would just be a tiny little scene of him collecting Grogu or something. 

Hot damn - we finally got our badass Luke. 

Thoughts?

I'm done with this show if Grogu is gone. T_T

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I hate what Disney did. they brought back 4 characters this season that didn't need to come back.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Sad Boba Fett didn't have more of a real role in the finale. overall it was a fantastic show, I chose to use this as the real sequeals to the orginal trilogy. the sequel 3 were nothing but bad fanfics between 2 directors that hated each other's stories.

With that said, the finale wasn't perfect.

Why did Bo-Katan, the person who said that Mando was crazy for never taking his helmet off because he was part of the super relgion cult, refuse to take the dark saber? why does it have to be "won in combat" when you dont believe in the doctrine.

Why was Pershing so compliant with telling people all the secret parts of the cruiser? i don't think he was every actually threatened.

I could understand blasters "running out of ammo" (that i dont think we have ever seen until mandalorian), but blasters jamming? seemed a bit silly.

Really looking forward to the book of Boba Fett. SOOOO happy they brought in Temuera to play Boba Fett, it wouldn't be the same without the distinctive voice.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

I hate what Disney did. they brought back 4 characters this season that didn't need to come back.

Lol that's the exact reason I loved this season. Now I'm just waiting for them to bring back Grand Admiral Thrawn and Ezra Bridger in the Ahsoka Tano series they're making.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

3 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

I'm done with this show if Grogu is gone. T_T

As unfortunate as it is, the show is The Mandalorian, and is therefore about The Mandalorian, not Grogu. My guess is next season will be about the Mandalorian helping Bo Katan reclaim Mandalor, and also the conflict with him having the dark saber instead of her. Maybe they'll make the story circle back to Grogu at some point, but for now his story is pretty well tied off. There's still lots more to explore with the mando and Bo Katan though.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x

12 hours ago, Wauthar said:

I loved it, don't think there has been any bad episode this season but the finale  blew it all to the next level :D

100% agreed. 

There were a few meh episodes that were still fun, but the finale made up for every underwhelming bits. 

Yeah I’ve heard that too but I didn’t mind at all. Apparently it really was Hamill with CGI face. 

I figured they would cast Sebastian Stan to play young Luke. That might still happen if he gets his own series or if he becomes a more recurring character but I would actually be okay if they just kept doing CGI young Luke - they’ll only get better at it. 

Yeah he’s got a miniseries coming up called the book of Boba or something. I’ve heard speculation that it’ll work as a tie in between Mando Season 2 and 3. 

11 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

I am quite suprised by the speed at which disney releases seasons. I don´t follow TV series too much so I don´t know if it is common practice.

Mando Season 3 doesn’t come out for a full year (Dec 31, 2021 or something like that). 

Normal practice is a year between seasons. 

8 hours ago, Commodus said:

I loved the episode and the season as a whole. Particularly how Grogu went from being a completely innocent scamp to someone more... problematic.

He’s becoming more complex and I’m okay with that. 

I’m also okay if Grogu just disappears for a while training with Luke. 

If we see Grogu again I kind of want them to age him up so he’s at least the equivalent of a young teen. 

With that said, I think we have to be careful about celebrating "badass Luke," because the implication is that the character isn't interesting unless he's chopping up enemies.

I agree and disagree. Luke being badass doesn’t just mean he’s chopping up baddies. But it’s nice to finally see on screen that he can go toe to toe and actually use his force powers and lightsaber skills effectively. 

He’s clearly at a higher level here than he was at Endor, and I love that you can see that progression. 

I loved Luke in The Last Jedi precisely because he was allowed to show weakness and grow as a person, to show that heroes are not infallible gods.

I don’t disagree, but one major thing we have been missing is that Legends version of Luke that had *both*. He had weakness and he grew as a character but he also had crazy badass moments too. 

We only got the weakness and growth but we

only got glimpses of his power (what we did see was Awesome but not enough). 

A certain amount of badassness is great — I just think we should look for more complete characters who do more than fulfill childhood power fantasies.

We can have both. And sometimes we just want to see a fucking awesome scene. 

I don’t think this series is the place for going too in depth about Luke - as it would take up too much time. The Ahsoka Show perhaps could dive into more detail with him. 

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

7 hours ago, WaggishOhio383 said:

As unfortunate as it is, the show is The Mandalorian, and is therefore about The Mandalorian, not Grogu. My guess is next season will be about the Mandalorian helping Bo Katan reclaim Mandalor, and also the conflict with him having the dark saber instead of her. Maybe they'll make the story circle back to Grogu at some point, but for now his story is pretty well tied off. There's still lots more to explore with the mando and Bo Katan though.

Heresy, it's the Baby Yoda Show. 

15 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Heresy, it's the Baby Yoda Show. 

Some people have really latched onto the two of them as a pairing - one of my friends last week (before the finale came out) was so adamant that they wouldn't remove Grogu from the show - saying that the dynamic between the two of them was too important.

I think there's room to bring Grogu back after some time (several seasons from now), but I would actually prefer it if the took the show in a different direction in the short term. Let's explore Mandalorian culture next season, for example.

If Grogu does come back to the show, I hope he's aged up to the point where he's a speaking character, rather than a glorified meme. I like Grogu and I think - particularly in Season 2, he got a lot more character - but he's still mostly just the cute green thing that occasionally uses force powers.

Make him a Teenager or an older preteen in terms of personality the next time we see him (this could be explained by numerous things: Some kind of force time dilation that allows him to grow rapidly, or even something simple like "Oh, once they reach this part of their youth development, they hit a growth spurt").

Apparently there is a segment of the fanbase that is rather upset that it wasn't Mace Windu that saved Grogu.

I mean, I'm not strictly opposed to retconning Mace's death (we do know that Jedi can often survive falls of great height using the force to slow their fall) - I simply don't think bringing back Mace here would have been the best way to do it.

Consider that Mace "died" in 19 BBY. This story takes place in 9 ABY. That's 28 years later. That means Mace has been up to... something... for 28 years, and only comes out now? Sure it could be done, but there were far better options (Cal Kestis being the most logical person after Luke and Ahsoka) if it wasn't going to be Luke.

On 12/19/2020 at 8:38 AM, Wauthar said:

I've seen people complain about the CGI for Luke's face

it was pretty terrible. Also, maybe they could voice someone and modify it? It sounded very robotic-like.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

17 minutes ago, wall03 said:

it was pretty terrible. Also, maybe they could voice someone and modify it? It sounded very robotic-like.

We know that Mark Hamill was really there on set - but we're not sure on the totality of what he provided.

My assumption is that Mark voiced the lines himself, and they used algorithms to make the voice sound more like his younger self.

It really wasn't that bad considering this is a TV show budget. 

CG was alright, it's not a 200 million budget Hollywood movie guys.

Just saw that they're making a Booba mini-series, not really sold on the idea. Didn't like the character so far.

6 hours ago, Grand Admiral Thrawn said:

Same. Since Thrawn got into canon from appearing in Rebels, it is time to 'exploit' all the things you can achieve with this character and properly intorduce him to the wider audience. No bias.

I'm almost certain that'll be the plot of the upcoming Ahsoka TV series.

Though I'm not entirely sold on the "Name a series after the main character" trend going on right now. Yes even if the show is about Ahsoka, they couldn't have come up with something better?

Anyway, I digress. I'd guess that the Ahsoka series will revolve around her tracking down Admiral Thrawn because she thinks he knows where Ezra is.

They also mentioned that there will be a plot "convergence" (think Avengers or The Defenders) between The Mandalorian, Ahsoka, and Rangers series - I'd almost bet my life that Thrawn will be the main villain of that overall arc.

I've really liked both seasons, I also enjoyed Gina Coranos character and was glad she was back this season. It was great seeing Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka as well, she did a really good job. Glad we're going to get to see more of her. 

Baby Yoda/Grogu has to come back because if he stays with Luke training at his temple then he'd eventually fall victim to Kylo Rens Knights when they kill all the Jedis at the temple. And I doubt anyone wants that to be the end of Baby Yoda/Grogu. 

I had no issues with the Luke CGI.  

...then again I may have been too busy cheering that I finally after 30+ years got to see him as the total badass I always knew he was. And not the weak, whining, blue milk (from the source) drinking schlub he was presented as in the last trilogy. 

Luke has always been the spirit and embodiment of Hope in the series. So seeing him totally disillusioned and bitter in the last trilogy just never felt right. This is the guy that thought Vader still had good inside him and could be redeemed even after Vader had murdered millions (maybe billions) of people. And he was right, Vader did try and redeem himself. 

So seeing, 'the spirit of hope' back in action and just whupping ass was a real joy to finally get to see after all these years. 

I didn't like the last Trilogy but I really liked The Mandalarion, and the two movie spin-offs Rogue One and Solo. They 'feel' like Star Wars. I didn't think the trilogy felt like Star Wars, imo. 

Really looking forward to the upcoming seasons of Mandalorian, Boba Fett, and Ahsoka. (and I think there's a series coming called Rangers of the Republic as well.)  

On 12/19/2020 at 1:38 PM, Wauthar said:

I loved it, don't think there has been any bad episode this season but the finale blew it all to the next level :D

I thought the GCI on Luke was brilliant. Miles better than young Leia in the recent movies.

43 minutes ago, Ultra_Kaiju said:

I've really liked both seasons, I also enjoyed Gina Coranos character and was glad she was back this season. It was great seeing Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka as well, she did a really good job. Glad we're going to get to see more of her. 

Cara Dune is a good character - I definitely hope we keep seeing her.

Dawson as Ahsoka was pretty good. But I'm not 100% sold on her yet. I love Ahsoka. I've watched the entire Clone Wars and Rebels series, and unfortunately Ahsoka just sounds wrong now that Ashley Eckstein isn't voicing her - that's something I'll eventually get over (though I'm still disappointed they didn't let Ashley do a voiceover for Dawson, as it really would have sold the character better).

But I felt like Dawson wasn't quite right in the mannerisms, etc. Ahsoka is very expressive facially - though less so as she gets older. But she's still much more expressive than Dawson was (aside from the "angry" type faces during combat scenes - those were pretty spot on). But more particularly, Ahsoka's compassion and deepness in her expressions were lacking.

This is something that Dawson will only get better at, as the Ahsoka series is filmed though. I think she'll do a great job, and did as good of a job as almost anyone could have done for her first appearance - and really, this is just nitpicking because Ahsoka is such a beloved character to me.

Baby Yoda/Grogu has to come back because if he stays with Luke training at his temple then he'd eventually fall victim to Kylo Rens Knights when they kill all the Jedis at the temple. And I doubt anyone wants that to be the end of Baby Yoda/Grogu.

Well, before you convince yourself that Grogu is going to come back, consider the timelines.

We are sitting at 9 ABY. Luke's Temple is destroyed during 28 ABY. Grogu still has 19 years to learn at Luke's temple and escape before the destruction.

Frankly, as much as I love Grogu, I hope he does NOT come back in Season 3 - outside of maybe a cameo/guest appearance. If Grogu does come back, I hope it's not for at least 2 or 3 seasons, possibly with a fairly long time jump (say 5 or 10 years later). If Grogu does come back as a series regular, I hope he's aged up a bit to make him at least a tween/young teen, so that he... you know... has actual character - can speak dialogue, etc.

I had no issues with the Luke CGI.

Me neither - some people complained, but frankly for a TV series, it was excellent. We don't know exactly what the Season 2 budget was - but Season 1 was reportedly $100 million - if we use that same figure, that's about $12.5 million per episode, which doesn't leave much for Luke's CGI face, after all the other costs (plus the CGI heavy season finale).

...then again I may have been too busy cheering that I finally after 30+ years got to see him as the total badass I always knew he was. And not the weak, whining, blue milk (from the source) drinking schlub he was presented as in the last trilogy. 

I'm a bit conflicted about this. I love Legends Luke - he is the embodiment of what a Jedi Master should be. Wise, powerful, compassionate, etc. And in Legends, Luke faced the Dark Side more than once and won against it. He faced despair and overcame it.

And we got to see numerous examples of him being a Yoda/Palpatine level badass (Dark Nest Crisis where he uses the Force to stick himself in place so strongly that not even a black hole could have moved him? Just one of many examples).

But, the ST Luke is very different from that. Not inherently worse, but very different. This is a man who has lost everything he cared about and lost hope. This is obviously because of the destruction of the Temple, and the fall of Ben Solo. Not what I would have done with the story, but it does work.

Luke has always been the spirit and embodiment of Hope in the series. So seeing him totally disillusioned and bitter in the last trilogy just never felt right. This is the guy that thought Vader still had good inside him and could be redeemed even after Vader had murdered millions (maybe billions) of people. And he was right, Vader did try and redeem himself. 

Vader was his father though, so that personal connection made a big difference. Ben was a relative, but it was his nephew, not his son (or father). But the fall of his Temple and the death of so many students would take a toll on anyone.

So seeing, 'the spirit of hope' back in action and just whupping ass was a real joy to finally get to see after all these years. 

I agree - I think in a lot of ways they're going to make Luke more of the Legends-type character he was, in the intervening years between now and the ST.

I didn't like the last Trilogy but I really liked The Mandalarion, and the two movie spin-offs Rogue One and Solo. They 'feel' like Star Wars. I didn't think the trilogy felt like Star Wars, imo. 

Personal preference. There are many Star Wars fans that love the ST. They're still fans. Rogue One was one of the best Star Wars movies period though.

Really looking forward to the upcoming seasons of Mandalorian, Boba Fett, and Ahsoka. (and I think there's a series coming called Rangers of the Republic as well.)  

Me too - they're doing a sort of convergent plot with these series, since they all take place at the same time. It'll be interesting how it turns out. Rangers of the Republic follows The Rangers (obviously) - which are the group that those 2 X-Wing pilots belong to. They're kind of like a combination of Special Investigators and Cops.

37 minutes ago, Shabba said:

I thought the GCI on Luke was brilliant. Miles better than young Leia in the recent movies.

I thought Young Leia in Episode 9 was pretty decent - comparable to what we got here. But the Young Leia from Rogue One was frankly terrible, and this was way better.

At the end there I might have shed a tear. Not going to lie. I hope that’s not the last time we see Grogu. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 minutes ago, Sakuriru said:

Except that Grogu is one of the oldest people shown the series, where they stated he was something like well over 50 years old.

Yes, we don't know his exact age, but we do know he's roughly 50 years old.

By the time Grogu is in an adolescent phase, everyone is probably going to be dead unless his species experiences some weird and uncharacteristic growth spurt.

We don't know pretty much anything about their species. It's not exactly uncommon for organisms to have growth spurts. We have no idea how long each phase of that species lasts. Another 10 years could just as easily put him into the "older preteen/tween/young teen" phase. Or maybe it'll take another 50 years old.

I don't know. No one but LucasFilm writers know (assuming they've fleshed out the species backstory internally already).

In this case I would like it a lot less since that's just a plot contrivance for fan appeal.

As if him being 50 years old yet still a baby isn't just a plot contrivance also?

Something being a plot contrivance isn't inherently good or bad. It's all in how they do it.

So when luke came in i was like "Wait WTF he's dead" then i remembered the timeline and how it was based right after the fall of the empire. I was soooooo confused there for like 10 seconds 🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, airborne spoon said:

So when luke came in i was like "Wait WTF he's dead" then i remembered the timeline and how it was based right after the fall of the empire. I was soooooo confused there for like 10 seconds 🤣🤣

You're not the only one who was confused about the timeline. One of my friends thought the show took place before the OT. Another, like you, thought it took place during the ST era.

I think that's something they could have been a bit more clear about in the early episodes of Season 1.

5 years after Battle of Endor (9 ABY)

I really hope we see more Temuera Morrison as Boba. That was fantastic.