Torn between ultra wide and dual monitors.

Grabow

I currently have a single 27" 1080p ips 60hz Acer monitor.

I am gonna be working from home and need more screen real estate and was considering getting another 27" monitor but 144hz or a 21:9 aspect ratio.

LG Ultra Wide from PC Part Picker

I found this LG monitor which is IPS and while it's not 144hz, 75hz is technically better than 60hz.

Acer 27" 144hz

This one one is only about $40 less than the ultra wide and I'm torn between which would be better. I play games like BF V and WoW or hearthstone.

I'm just so torn!

ultrawide but go for a 3440x1440 resolution

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

25 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

ultrawide but go for a 3440x1440 resolution

My budget puts me at about $250 or so and I can't find one at that resolution. Obviously I would love the best specs but have to be conservative.

29 minutes ago, Grabow said:

My budget puts me at about $250 or so and I can't find one at that resolution. Obviously I would love the best specs but have to be conservative.

Honestly i had ultra wide 35´ before,and now have dual monitor.

I feel like dual monitors help me more with organizing.

You can always look for used monitors,they arent that easy to break and last fair amount of time,and you can get better specd monitor for same money.

What kind of work do you do for living?

if its just code or some plain text i dont feel like you benefit from more then 60hz,and 60hz+ adds more on price.

One thing to consider is how much fps are you pulling in games you play,since if you get only a bit more over 60fps  its not worth buying anything over

6 minutes ago, AzzaNezz said:

Honestly i had ultra wide 35´ before,and now have dual monitor.

I feel like dual monitors help me more with organizing.

You can always look for used monitors,they arent that easy to break and last fair amount of time,and you can get better specd monitor for same money.

What kind of work do you do for living?

if its just code or some plain text i dont feel like you benefit from more then 60hz,and 60hz+ adds more on price.

One thing to consider is how much fps are you pulling in games you play,since if you get only a bit more over 60fps  its not worth buying anything over

Right now I do front end software development. I didn't even think about the used market because I read an article that so many people were buying monitors for home!

And the games I play I get 120fps or higher, but that's at 1080p and my current monitor is 60hz so I don't really get the full potential.

7 hours ago, Grabow said:

Right now I do front end software development. I didn't even think about the used market because I read an article that so many people were buying monitors for home!

And the games I play I get 120fps or higher, but that's at 1080p and my current monitor is 60hz so I don't really get the full potential.

There will be always people selling monitors,sometimes people order online without realizeing full size of some monitors and then they want to sell it.

If you are gona keep playing on 1080p then great,and keep in mind if you switch to 1440p or higer ress in your game setting you will be getting less fps