Ventium OS announcement

Hello fellow forum viewers, I have an idea for an operating system called Ventium os. Know you may be asking, Whats ventium OS? Well im glad you asked, ventium os will be an open source project based off the NT kernel.  in ventium OS you will be able to customize EVERYTHING to your preferences, you will also be able to run legacy games with a built in emulator. You will also be able to run multiple operating systems at once, you will even be able to customize the blue screens and even boot screen! if you have any suggestions please tell me im open for feedback and everything. Here is the work I have so far...

Untitledfailure.jpg

ventium OS bluescreen #1.jpg

Ventium OS bluescreen #2.jpg

These are bluescreens I made with the tools included for ventium, if you would like to help program ventium os please contact me

Just now, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

Good luck! Best of lucks. Send me a copy if it is good and ready. Then I can spread the news. Just make sure to take a more intuitive Apple approach on the design side, make it clean.

Alright, thanks for the feedback

3 minutes ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

Just make sure to take a more intuitive Apple approach on the design side, make it clean.

yeah there are some linux distros that look pretty "yikes", tbh most linux distros probably have a hard to look at design 

6 minutes ago, made zos ion said:

ventium os will be an open source project based off the NT kernel.

And exactly how do you plan to do that? The kernel is proprietary to Microsoft and closed sourced. Not to mention protected by various laws.

1 minute ago, Nayr438 said:

The kernel is proprietary to Microsoft and closed sourced

i assume "based off" means its to be similar to that kernal, and not to be built off of that kernal and/or using that kernal as a baseline

2 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

And exactly how do you plan to do that? The kernel is proprietary to Microsoft and closed sourced. Not to mention protected by various laws.

It will be based off of the NT kernel

This looks like an interesting project which I wanna try out. Since I have a YouTube channel once this is somewhat ready to test out, I want to post a video about it on my channel. Since theres a ton of customisation as you state, I'll definitely be looking into that!

I just wanted to ask a question though:

How far in computer hardware specs would this go in terms of age? (I wanna try this on an old laptop I bought for things like this for YouTube and it's around 15 years old. Its equipped with a 1GHz VIA C3 processor with 128MB RAM with 64MB video memory).

I also have another question: what's the applications programmed for it like? I'm guessing of course there will be .exe and other Windows extensions but would there ever be support for Mac and maybe Linux executable support?

Mubeen :)

Could you send me a copy I would love to try this out.

On 12/17/2020 at 12:41 AM, made zos ion said:

Hello fellow forum viewers, I have an idea for an operating system called Ventium os. Know you may be asking, Whats ventium OS? Well im glad you asked, ventium os will be an open source project based off the NT kernel.  in ventium OS you will be able to customize EVERYTHING to your preferences, you will also be able to run legacy games with a built in emulator. You will also be able to run multiple operating systems at once, you will even be able to customize the blue screens and even boot screen! if you have any suggestions please tell me im open for feedback and everything. Here is the work I have so far...

Untitledfailure.jpg

ventium OS bluescreen #1.jpg

Ventium OS bluescreen #2.jpg

Assuming you're dead serious 😃 - basically, what you propose has been done by ReactOS, which is a reverse-engineered Windows XP essentially. Also open-source

Idea for VentiumOS:
See if you can make it compatible with Intel-based Mac applications.

And/or Linux ones.

elephants

• 3 weeks later...

I have been working on sounds for the project for awhile, just came back to give an update