Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

rattling shift key

I was cleaning my rk61 keyboard, by removing all the key caps and then washing them and cleaning on the plate. However, when I put my keys back on, I noticed that my right shift key was rattling a lot. I compared the to all the other  keys with stabilizers and it was just that one key that had a problem. Is there a easy solution to this problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would prefer that the solution is pretty easy and doesn't involve me buying other stuff, but if it come down to that, it is fine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Check if the right shift stabilizer is properly inserted, if it for example is clipped in it can be undone a bit.

Did you clean the stabilizers? If so, you might need to relube them.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

 mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, minibois said:

Check if the right shift stabilizer is properly inserted, if it for example is clipped in it can be undone a bit.

Did you clean the stabilizers? If so, you might need to relube them.

i did not clean the stabliers, i think it would be better if i send a picture, so give me secend to put one 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, minibois said:

Check if the right shift stabilizer is properly inserted, if it for example is clipped in it can be undone a bit.

Did you clean the stabilizers? If so, you might need to relube them.

actually after further analysis i can see that the right stabilizer is higher than the left. What i mean is that the actualy plus sing thing is higher on the right side than the left. so how do i fix that . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Noob872 said:

actually after further analysis i can see that the right stabilizer is higher than the left. What i mean is that the actualy plus sing thing is higher on the right side than the left. so how do i fix that . 

Can you send a pic?

It's either the stabilizer wire that is not installed properly anymore, or the entire stabilizer side.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

 mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, minibois said:

Can you send a pic?

It's either the stabilizer wire that is not installed properly anymore, or the entire stabilizer side.

the focus was bad on my phone but these are the pictures I got, the right one is higher than the left one and I cant force the right one any more down. 

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Noob872 said:

the focus was bad on my phone but these are the pictures I got, the right one is higher than the left one and I cant force the right one any more down. 

I think what happened is that this part of your stabilizer got unclipped:

image.png.4ab2ecf99852c582a1d3d02e744ad00f.png

 

Not sure if you can clip it back in, when the stabilizer is installed in your keyboard.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

 mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, minibois said:

I think what happened is that this part of your stabilizer got unclipped:

image.png.4ab2ecf99852c582a1d3d02e744ad00f.png

 

Not sure if you can clip it back in, when the stabilizer is installed in your keyboard.

sooooo....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×