Corsair H150i elite capellix+9 fan set up diagram - help

Jaffna

I found diagram on corsair forum and wanted to do something similar. Can anyone confirm that this works? 

pcHrQPB.png

Looks like Zotty's diagram, which is entirely accurate.  Let me know if you have additional questions or feel free to ask Zotty too.  He's put together a variety of diagrams for different iCUE hardware configurations, and very knowledgeable as well.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

7 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Looks like Zotty's diagram, which is entirely accurate.  Let me know if you have additional questions or feel free to ask Zotty too.  He's put together a variety of diagrams for different iCUE hardware configurations, and very knowledgeable as well.

Hey, thank you for the reply. Just wanted to verify a few things to make sure I got everything correct. 

-Connect 3 ML fans+RGB to commander core

-Connect 6 QL fans to commander pro

-Connect 6 ql fan RGB to rgb hub

-Connect commander core and rgb hub to commander pro via usb(I noticed some people connect to LED, does it make a difference?)

-Connect all 3 devices to SATA power(through psu)

Does that sound about right? 

That is all correct.  You'll want to connect the ML's to the core and all 6 QL's to the RGB hub, or vice versa.  As of right now you can only assign one fan type per LED channel in iCUE, so mixing and matching isn't possible without having odd lighting effects depending on what you set.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

15 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

That is all correct.  You'll want to connect the ML's to the core and all 6 QL's to the RGB hub, or vice versa.  As of right now you can only assign one fan type per LED channel in iCUE, so mixing and matching isn't possible without having odd lighting effects depending on what you set.

Thank you! Just one question, the cpu fan coming from the pump, does it have to go on the mobo or can I also plug that into commander core? 

Ideally you would want it connected to the motherboard so it doesn't throw a CPU_FAN error code when you boot the PC.  You can disable this in the BIOS for your motherboard, and leave it disconnected, although I don't recommend it.

I have a h150i elite capellix and cable managing the rgb box was a pain can't imagine the pain of 3 boxes.

Agreed, there are quite a few wires involved depending on how elaborate your setup is.  The newer Commander design was much easier for me when assembling and cable managing the photography builds for our website this time around.  Definitely a step in the right direction to minimizing the footprint of the ecosystem when building.

On 12/14/2020 at 9:19 AM, Jaffna said:

I found diagram on corsair forum and wanted to do something similar. Can anyone confirm that this works? 

pcHrQPB.png

man i wish my schematic was this good... sight

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 12/17/2020 at 4:16 PM, Corsair Nick said:

Agreed, there are quite a few wires involved depending on how elaborate your setup is.  The newer Commander design was much easier for me when assembling and cable managing the photography builds for our website this time around.  Definitely a step in the right direction to minimizing the footprint of the ecosystem when building.

Hey, so far everything is good, but I'm having a problem with the AIO and fans attached to it. Even under set quiet mode and customized quiet mode the fans RPM is 1500+ consistently. I uninstalled HWINFO, restrted computers, checked wire connection. I can't figure out why its so high. Any advice? 

aio.PNG

aio2.PNG

Do the fan speeds set correctly if you set a fixed RPM?  Do you experience similar behavior using the default quiet profile?

• 4 months later...
On 12/14/2020 at 12:19 PM, Jaffna said:

pcHrQPB.png

Hello guys , I did the same diagram with my new build but Unfortunately the commander core doesn't show in my ICUE software and I can't control my pump rgb nor my radiator/AIO fans which are the ML120!! :(

I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME BUILD AS THIS PHOTO UP THERE!

Helpful replays would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hints:
I do have the latest version of ICUE Software
motherboard is: z390 asus rog strix gaming E