GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE or MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX for 3600x

ryorus

Aorus cost is ~$109 and Gaming Plus Max is ~$93. Budget is ~$483.

What i already have:

Gigabyte Windforce GTX760 (not planning to upgrade - not enough money)

Chieftec BPS-650C 650W

What i'm planning to buy:

Ryzen 5 3600x OEM ~$248

Patriot Viper 4 Steel (2x8GB, 3600MHz, 17-19-19-39) ~$98

Mobo yet to decide

Deepcool Gammaxx 400 BL ~$16,5 (read that stock cooler is not that good, so i'm thinking oem cpu and this cooler, also if it won't perform well, i plan to put one more fan on it)

Arctic Cooling MX-4 paste ~$10.

If i get MSI mobo, i can get slightly better cpu cooler - also let me know your suggestions about it.

Looking for your advices/corrections on build.

Currency is Russian Ruble, thanks in advance.

Edited by ryorus

The Gaming Plus Max is a far better board. If it's cheaper, then it's a no-brainer.

P.S. Get the Ryzen 5 3600, not the 3600X. You're literally paying for a letter in the name.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

6 minutes ago, ryorus said:

Arctic Cooling MX-4 paste ~$10.

most coolers come with pre-applied paste that is decent enough, no need to spend extra on this.

the x470 gaming plus max is much better. i'd also consider a b550 board, like a pro4 or pro-vdh.

and as the post abose says, only get the 3600x if it's the same price as the 3600. the only difference is its better stock cooler, which you seem set on replacing anyway.

11 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

The Gaming Plus Max is a far better board. If it's cheaper, then it's a no-brainer.

P.S. Get the Ryzen 5 3600, not the 3600X. You're literally paying for a letter in the name.

8 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

most coolers come with pre-applied paste that is decent enough, no need to spend extra on this.

the x470 gaming plus max is much better. i'd also consider a b550 board, like a pro4 or pro-vdh.

and as the post abose says, only get the 3600x if it's the same price as the 3600. the only difference is its better stock cooler, which you seem set on replacing anyway.

I can anly afford micro-ATX on b550, which i'm kinda scared of, in terms of thermals.

I wont be replacing it since it's oem version. Isn't X slightly better in performance? The difference between 3600 and 3600x is $6,8.

3 minutes ago, ryorus said:

I can anly afford micro-ATX on b550, which i'm kinda scared of, in terms of thermals.

I wont be replacing it since it's oem version. Isn't X slightly better in performance? The difference between 3600 and 3600x is $6,8.

micro atx boards are fine, no thermal issues with them if they are decent. they are definitely better than the b450 aorus elite, anyway.

20 minutes ago, ryorus said:

If i get MSI mobo, i can get slightly better cpu cooler - also let me know your suggestions about it.

you said yourself you are thinking of replacing the cooler

if the difference is only $6.8, then yes, go for the 3600x, it's 1-2% better than the 3600.

20 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

micro atx boards are fine, no thermal issues with them if they are decent. they are definitely better than the b450 aorus elite, anyway.

you said yourself you are thinking of replacing the cooler

if the difference is only $6.8, then yes, go for the 3600x, it's 1-2% better than the 3600.

My bad - meant i won't be buying box version and take oem with gammaxx 400.