Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1080p or 1440p Help!!!

Hey guys, so i have done some evaluation and have chosen a few monitors.  I found a really good price on a monitor but it is 4k and 60hz.  what do you guys think of a 4k monitor for my needs.  Do you think my rx 5500xt can handle it? What do you think of the low refresh rate?  Is it good for productivity, school work, gaming, or general use?

12 hours ago, Diane K said:

Hey guys, so i have done some evaluation and have chosen a few monitors.  I found a really good price on a monitor but it is 4k and 60hz.  what do you guys think of a 4k monitor for my needs.  Do you think my rx 5500xt can handle it? What do you think of the low refresh rate?  Is it good for productivity, school work, gaming, or general use?

Unfortunately, I don't think the 5500xt will handle it well. In some games it won't even run I think. You need a really good graphics card to get consistend 4k60 in a lot of titles. Also, if you don't buy yourself a really big monitor 4k is overkill in my opinion the sweepspot  between 1080 and 4k therefore is 1440p. 

For the Refreshrate all games with fast moving feel really nice (my games: Forza Horizon 4, Doom Eternal, COD, etc.) at higher frame rates. 

CPU: i5 8400 | GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB NITRO+ | MB: ASRock Z370M Pro4 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB | PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 650 W | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12S | CASE: be quiet! Pure Base 500 | KB: Logitech G213 PRODIGY | MOUSE: Logitech G502 HERO | MONITOR: LG 27GL850‑B