[POLL] About your Cyberpunk 2077 experience

Stahlmann

[POLL] How buggy is your Cyberpunk 2077 experience?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. About the bugs. How many did you encounter?

• Many and gamebreaking bugs, basically unplayable.
    • Quite a few bugs, but nothing gamebreaking.
    • No or next to no bugs.
    • Nothing of the above. (Please comment!)
  2. 2. About the game itself. How do you feel about it?

• I love it!
    • I'm not sure yet...
    • I hate it!
    • Nothing of the above. (Please comment!)

How was your Cyberpunk experience so far? I' just glad the game is finally here and i didn't encounter any gamebreaking bugs myself. I enjoy the game very much and played for ~40 hours until today. Even if it is quite buggy, i enjoy this game like no other release since Witcher 3. I'd like to know about your experience so far and if the bugs stopped you from enjoying the game.

Until now the bugs are the only reason i wouldn't call this game a masterpiece.

Also: Mantis blades are OP AF.

@Mods Sorry if the poll is in the wrong section. I wanted to post in the PC Gaming section, but the question is also meant for console gamers.

NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I have seen a floating (parked) car and of course the pathing of the NPC vehicles is flaky, but it's been great other than that. About 12 hours in.

9900K  / Asus Maximus Formula XI / 32Gb G.Skill RGB 4266mHz / 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / EVGA 3090 FTW3.

2 loops : XSPC EX240 + 2x RX360 (CPU + VRMs) / EK Supremacy Evo & RX480 + RX360 (GPU) / Optimus W/B. 2 x D5 pumps / EK Res

8x NF-A2x25s, 14 NF-F12s and a Corsair IQ 140 case fan / CM HAF Stacker 945 / Corsair AX 860i

LG 38GL950G & Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Duckyshine 6 YOTR / Logitech G502 / Thrustmaster Warthog & TPR / Blue Yeti / Sennheiser HD599SE / Astro A40s

Valve Index, Knuckles & 2x Lighthouse V2

Already finished the main story and 3 1/2 of the sidecharacter stories.

Had some bugs, but I was able to fix them with reloading a save. For example that some NPC were missing that I had to talk to and generally cars that bug through everything xD

Im quite happy with the game, but not as good as I expected.

But I REALLY love the Characters, like

Spoiler

Judy, Panam, Jackie

Spoiler

(:()

, Rogue, Johnny, Misty ...

My Gaming PC:
Inno3D iChill Black - RTX 4080 - +500 Memory, undervolted Core, 2xCorsair QX120 (push) + 2xInno3D 120mm (pull)
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D - NZXT x72
G.SKILL Trident Z @6000MHz CL30 - 2x16GB
Asus Strix X670E-E Gaming

1x500GB Samsung 960 Pro (Windows 11)

1x2TB Kingston KC3000 (Games)

1x1TB WD Blue SN550 (Programs)

1x1TB Samsung 870 EVO (Programs)
Corsair RM-850X

Lian Li O11 Vision
ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM (240hz OLED), MSI Optix MAG274QRFDE-QD, BenQ ZOWIE XL2720

Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Wooting 60HE

Audeze LCD2-C + FiiO K3

Klipsch RP600-M + Klipsch R-120 SW

My Notebook:

MacBook Pro 16 M1 - 16GB

Proxmox-Cluster:

• Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus Strix X570E F-Gaming, 2x32GB3200MHz ECC, 2x 512GB NVMe ZFS-Mirror (Boot + Testing-VMs), 2x14TB ZFS-Mirror + 1x3TB (TrueNAS-VM), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 10G NIC
  • i7 8700k delidded undervolted, Gigabyte Z390 UD, 4x16GB 3200MHz, 1x 512GB SSD (Boot), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 2,5G NIC
  • i5 4670, 3x4GB + 1x8GB 1600MHz, 1x 512GB SSD (Boot), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 2,5G NIC

Proxmox-Backup-Server:

• i5 4670, 4x4GB 1600MHz, 2x2TB ZFS-Mirror, 2,5G NIC

I had to lower vRAM OC to get a stable run with no graphical glitches. I like the graphics, even with DLSS - it's just magically giving free fps.

The game seems good. But not as polished as The Witcher 3 at launch.

I edit my posts more often than not

28 minutes ago, WihGlah said:

I have seen a floating (parked) car and of course the pathing of the NPC vehicles is flaky, but it's been great other than that. About 12 hours in.

Yeah the NPC ai is still quite buggy. When closely driving past NPC they often dash in front of my car rather than away and out of my way :D

25 minutes ago, LpoolTech said:

about 20 hours in, quite few bugs but nothing game breaking so far for me. The story and game-play one of the best IMO

Agree, the story and dialogues are written extremely good. English voice actings is also on point.

9 minutes ago, Noah0302 said:

Already finished the main story and 3 1/2 of the sidecharacter stories.

Had some bugs, but I was able to fix them with reloading a save. For example that some NPC were missing that I had to talk to and generally cars that bug through everything xD

Im quite happy with the game, but not as good as I expected.

But I REALLY love the Characters, like

Reveal hidden contents

Judy, Panam, Jackie

Reveal hidden contents

(:()

, Rogue, Johnny...

Not gonna open that spoiler, thanks for setting that one.

Did you even sleep since the game came out? :D

Idk what they could've done to make the game better. (Other than fixing the bugs of course).

3 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

I had to lower vRAM OC to get a stable run with no graphical glitches. I like the graphics, even with DLSS - it's just magically giving free fps.

The game seems good. But not as polished than The Witcher 3 at launch.

Yeah i just got rid of all my OC's and the game is rock-solid stable since then. DLSS is very impressive indeed. But anything below the "quality" setting get's rather messy when targetting 1440p or 1080p. I found at 4K it's more "forgiving" to go for higher performance DLSS settings.

All in all it's a great game IMO and no game i ever played had such a believable world. I literally found myself forgetting i'm even playing a game. This never happend with any game i player before.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Quite a few visual and audio bugs, but nothing gamebreaking in 32 hours. I'm having fun with the game, but might not go as far as saying that I love it since it's missing quite a few things that I would really expect a game like this would have like barbers, tattoo shops, actual character customization post-creation other than menu-based ripperdocs, more than two joytoys, even rudimentary apartment customization, much better menu system and inventory management, more interaction with the little things in the world, etc...

So no big gripes, but stuff that I feel that should've been there from the beginning. Still overall worth it to me.

1 minute ago, Chionele said:

Quite a few visual and audio bugs, but nothing gamebreaking in 32 hours. I'm having fun with the game, but might not go as far as saying that I love it since it's missing quite a few things that I would really expect a game like this would have like barbers, tattoo shops, actual character customization post-creation other than menu-based ripperdocs, more than two joytoys, even rudimentary apartment customization, much better menu system and inventory management, more interaction with the little things in the world, etc...

So no big gripes, but stuff that I feel that should've been there from the beginning. Still overall worth it to me.

You have a few good points. Now that you mention it, the small interactions with the world could be more...

But i guess quite a bit more will come with DLCs. Witcher also added a lot of this stuff in Blood & Wine.

Stealth is broken AF. Every now and then, doing a non-lethal takedown still results in the enemy dying. Putting an unconscious enemy in a dumpster results in them dying. Shooting them with non-lethal guns sometimes results in them dying. Enemies can often see you through multiple walls, and they can also see their buddies' bodies through walls and floors/ceilings as well.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Not gonna open that spoiler, thanks for setting that one.

Did you even sleep since the game came out? :D

Yes, Ive slept some hours haha :D

The game is not as long as Witcher 3 though. At least W3 took me way longer

My Gaming PC:
Inno3D iChill Black - RTX 4080 - +500 Memory, undervolted Core, 2xCorsair QX120 (push) + 2xInno3D 120mm (pull)
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D - NZXT x72
G.SKILL Trident Z @6000MHz CL30 - 2x16GB
Asus Strix X670E-E Gaming

1x500GB Samsung 960 Pro (Windows 11)

1x2TB Kingston KC3000 (Games)

1x1TB WD Blue SN550 (Programs)

1x1TB Samsung 870 EVO (Programs)
Corsair RM-850X

Lian Li O11 Vision
ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM (240hz OLED), MSI Optix MAG274QRFDE-QD, BenQ ZOWIE XL2720

Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Wooting 60HE

Audeze LCD2-C + FiiO K3

Klipsch RP600-M + Klipsch R-120 SW

My Notebook:

MacBook Pro 16 M1 - 16GB

Proxmox-Cluster:

• Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus Strix X570E F-Gaming, 2x32GB3200MHz ECC, 2x 512GB NVMe ZFS-Mirror (Boot + Testing-VMs), 2x14TB ZFS-Mirror + 1x3TB (TrueNAS-VM), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 10G NIC
  • i7 8700k delidded undervolted, Gigabyte Z390 UD, 4x16GB 3200MHz, 1x 512GB SSD (Boot), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 2,5G NIC
  • i5 4670, 3x4GB + 1x8GB 1600MHz, 1x 512GB SSD (Boot), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 2,5G NIC

Proxmox-Backup-Server:

• i5 4670, 4x4GB 1600MHz, 2x2TB ZFS-Mirror, 2,5G NIC

Just now, WereCatf said:

Stealth is broken AF. Every now and then, doing a non-lethal takedown still results in the enemy dying. Putting an unconscious enemy in a dumpster results in them dying. Shooting them with non-lethal guns sometimes results in them dying.

Never had any of these problems, even with stealth being my focus gameplay style.

Just now, WereCatf said:

Enemies can often see you through multiple walls, and they can also see their buddies' bodies through walls and floors/ceilings as well.

I had enemy's see me through closed doors, but not walls yet.

Really enjoying it, about 12hrs in and just got to the start of Act 2. I've notice a few minor bugs but nothing major by any stretch, mainly just stuff like someone's arm being in a wall etc.

I would add in the first couple of hours of play I got a handful of CTD issues, even from pause menu, and I thought to myself "here we go..." but I had an inkling it was my CPU OC which has been fine in every other game but I knew it crashed Cinebench before a 10min run completes. Dropped it back and it's run for 10 hours straight last Friday 🙂 I also undervolted my 5700XT and still have everything set to ultra/phycho at 1080p 60hz and it runs a treat at 55ish FPS average and looks great IMO.

My only other comment is I played about with the dynamic fidelity option and it made the whole world render blurry, turned it off again and it's perfect so not sure what was going on there?!

I've run the gamut here. I've got about 16 hours of gameplay, I'm currently at the section of the main story where you're helping Panam.

I've had quests start and immediately complete themselves.
I've had the game hard lock my system twice now, requiring a force shutdown, and subsequent driver issues both times.
I've had cars yeet themselves into space when I get in them, and then proceed to explode.
I've had a quick save slot save at a time when an enemy at a much higher power level than me decided to pick me as a target (contains story spoilers), resulting in an inescapable death, requiring a previous load.
I've had fluctuating frame rate issues, normally running anywhere between 90-110fps, where I'll suddenly drop down to the single digits for multiple seconds.
Like @WereCatf, I've had stealth completely break itself, both for and against my favor. Spotted through walls and doors (and windows, though that's a little more of a given, it's been at very awkward angles that are akin to hitscan), and I've had someone literally walk through me and not detect me.
Audio issues quite frequent.
Multiple instances of floating objects, cigarettes, phones, cars, tablets... other things that I don't recall.

At this point, I've given up trying to play, just going to wait until things get fixed.

--------------------

As for how I feel about the game. It has it's moments. It shows promise, it shows elements of being a great game, but it doesn't do anything (with exception of it's art direction/theme) that makes me say "wow" this is something special. It's got pop culture references that have gotten a little smile out of me.
Eight years ago, it would have been more than it is today.

Then.... it has reality. Moments such as it's dime-a-dozen glitches/bugs and it's general "rigid" feeling which take me out of the immersion. The issues that stem beyond the bugs and into the core of the game itself that make me realize that I'm playing a game. The city feels alive, but dead at the same time; things are happening everywhere, but it feels hollow, meaningless "Oh yup, there's yet another NCPD event, haven't seen that before". Everything looks different, yet the same. Everything's different in a way that really doesn't strike a chord with me, I just don't care. All handguns are handguns, rifles are rifles, sniper rifles are sniper rifles, and machine guns are machine guns. Shotguns follow the typical video game logic where you have a crazy shot spread and a substantial damage dropoff in what feels like a remarkably short distance. A pistol doing 1/3 the theoretical DPS is able to best shotguns in their given ranges. The bigger number wins the pick. Cars and driving feel unremarkable; different shape, that one goes faster, that one goes slower, cool story bro. The story, at least thus far, has been about as plain as a brick of tofu. HDR (and granted, the AD27QD isn't particularly fantastic for HDR content) feels off, wrong. light sources are bright and vibrant, but the light travel from them drops off quickly. I've taken to disabling HDR as dark scenes are nearly impossible to navigate effectively.

I went into Cyberpunk with nothing in the way of expectations. I've not followed it's development much at all. I don't have the hype train crash that many others who have fervently followed it for near a decade have. I Heard about it years ago, forgot about it up until about a year ago, saw it was delayed and basically went "didn't realize that never came out". Picked it up on launch day. While I'm not necessarily disappointed in the core game itself (setting aside the fixable issues), it's not a game that I would recommend to a friend. The Witcher 3 is a much different game, yes, but it offers so much more in my eyes. A story I cared about, a world that I was immersed in, substantially fewer bugs, and while it has some hints of rigidity, it feels much more fluid than CP2077. It does not have the polish (pun intended?) that I've come to expect from CDPR. I don't hate the game, I don't hate CDPR, but were I given the choice to make my purchase again knowing what I do now, it would be a no go from me. I sit squarely in the "undecided" category, as I feel it embodies how I feel; I wouldn't lose sleep if it never existed, yet I don't feel it (nor CDPR) deserves the backlash and fervent hate that it's getting.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

6 minutes ago, Semper said:

-SNIP-

Thanks for the detailed answer!

It's sad to hear for me that therere are people like @WereCatf and you that have encountered so many problems. Yes, i pretty much jumped on the hype train, mainly because this game completely hits many of my interests, but i didn't have many of these immersion breaking moments myself. As for the stealh gameplay: I rarely found it to be buggy, but challenging. Often i thought i was cought because of a bug but then noticed that i just fucked it up myself.

I myself have had very few problems (biggest of which is that there are 3 gigs i can't complete). And i found that this is the most immersive and believable video game i've ever played. Witcher 3 was one of my favourite games of all time, and i'm still playing it until today, but i've somehow never felt like i was in the game. With cyberpunk i sometimes forgot i'm sitting in front of my screen. So basically i agree with your core message: There is a lot of potential, some people like me are lucky enough to play the game without major hickups, and some people like you have big problems that break their immersion.

So there are many things that are still wrong with the game, but imo that's just because of 1 major development decision: Supporting last-gen consoles.

If they wouldn't have to put in the time to make the game work on 7 year old lastgen potatos (that weren't fast even when they first came out) they would have had so much more time to iron out all the things for PC, PS5 and XBSX. I don't have anything against console gamers, but every time these consoles are at their EOL they heavily hold back game devs. It was the same story with the PS3 and XB360, which could barely run BF4, etc... Another example would be RDR2, which runs below the "low" PC preset, so Rockstart a lot of work to optimize for old-gen consoles.

3 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Stealth is broken AF. Every now and then, doing a non-lethal takedown still results in the enemy dying. Putting an unconscious enemy in a dumpster results in them dying. Shooting them with non-lethal guns sometimes results in them dying. Enemies can often see you through multiple walls, and they can also see their buddies' bodies through walls and floors/ceilings as well.

Can attest to some of this as well.  Especially getting detected when should not (just entered room, no cameras, crouched down and enemy seems to immediately see me even though there are clearly 1-2 barriers blocking me.  Or enemies seeing bodies that should be well out of their site.  

It hasnt prevented me from playing mostly stealthy, and I have been throughly enjoying the game and gameplay, but def irritating when that stuff does happen.  Certainly needs lots of tuning.

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

2 minutes ago, sushimus said:

I refuse to play until I get multiple customizations sliders for my pp and also it needs to have the option to glow in full rgb spectrum if desired.

Also if I ever played as a lady Id want more than one option and if I wanted to blind someone by opening my legs, then I'd better be able to blind them damnit!

Wtf... Valid points i guess :D

FYI there are multiple customization options for your PP, including size. ;) 

To Question 1: There are tons of bugs but not really game breaking. I got stuck in my vehicle multiple times but I was able to reload the save and everything went back to "normal".

To Question 2: I don't love it and I don't hate it. It's nothing more than a below average game to me. It can be fun but nothing in this game is "special" and the story is actually pretty average.

Edit: I finished it on PC.

Question 1: I have never played the game

Question 2: I have never played the game

I would like to, though.

elephants

22 minutes ago, sushimus said:

Hardly. Theres like three sizes and two non-size options. NOT ENOUGH PROJECT RED! NOT ENOUGH PP GALORE!

I'm surprised they didn't leave a tech option for the anatomy there. The chromed Vibromatron 3000 or smth.

If someone from CDPR reads this, please don't take it as a suggestion. We don't need this. 😂

Potato

Performance for me is better then I expected, I hold at about 50 fps with a 3900X and a 1660 6GB at 1080p on mostly high.

There have been a lot of weird visual bugs but I have not his anything game breaking so far.

The one note I'll make is this is one of the few games that had actually been pushing my CPU a bit.

I've had quite a few quests glitch out. I've had the clothing genitals clipping issues, and I've had clothing just plain old not work at all.

Most frustrating is being unable to loot certain robot enemies, and having grenades fall through the floor or terrain.

I just saw a car spawn inside a car in the middle of an intersection...

And the biggest PITA glitch: Getting out of a car, and having it just poof. Clipping a car slightly into a moveable/destructible piece of terrain (like a lamp post) and getting out of it can cause this, it seems...

Not to be a PCMR downer, but I think they should have spent more time working on the PC and current gen console versions of the game, and abandoned the PS4/One X/One S ports, at least for now.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Only had a few visual bugs. Like a weapon not showing but equipped. Couldn't talk to Jackie during a mission. Although I am 7 to 8 hours in and it runs around 60 fps on ultra or high. Coming from someone who has a rx5700 an a ryzen 3700x.

(\/) (°,,,,°) (\/)

The bugs are there. They are pretty insane at times. But honestly, they don't bother me that much.

The real crime is how little the game allows you to be part of it. All the missions are go here, dialogue, shoot things, leave. Stealth is incomplete. Driving is incomplete. Hacking is convoluted. Skill trees are a mess. Interaction with NPCs is nonexistent. No wanted system. Bounty system are just shooting things, but without any true motivation. In game economy is pointless. All weapons can be had in the wild or from missions and cars  feel pointless when they all feel the same albeit with different top speeds. The world itself, beautiful as it is, is basically non-interactable. If the core systems felt cohesive and complete, I'd be more inclined to forgive the stale taste this game gives me. Combat is awful. Bullet sponge enemies with very little intelligence and even less firepower. A lot of this has to do with the brittle leveling system that honestly should have been left in the 90s.... Armor is awful, it's been covered elsewhere but not being able to upgrade existing pieces is the worst. I hate that I have to constantly change out things I like for pieces that look goofy, just to remain relevant against higher-tier enemies.... Even if those enemies can be had pretty easily. I could go on forever about the nitpicks I have.... 

...But there's some great stuff about it too. I think it's a gorgeous game when bugs don't interfere. I love the characters and I felt particularly attached to Panam and Takemura. I think dialogue is EXCELLENT and the plot shines! It has SO much potential but I feel like it may be a long time before we get there. I remember how people felt when No Man's Sky came out and I stuck by that game, look at it now :) 

But for now, I think it's a preemie and is gonna need a few more years in the proverbial oven to reach it's height. You can tell some of the gameplay aspects WERE there but got erased or simplified to meet deadlines. 

CPU- Intel i7-8700k

MOBO- Asus ROG Strix Z390-i

RAM - 32gb G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3000

GPU - Zotac RTX 2070 Super Mini

Storage - 1TB Intel 660p M.2 SSD / 2TB Intel 660p M.2 SSD

Chassis - NFC Skyreach 4 Mini - Black

PSU - HDPlex 400w Combo AC/DC & DC-ATX

On 12/15/2020 at 7:35 PM, willpxzza said:

-SNIP-

I just finished the game yesterday with about 60 hours of playtime with all quests done.

I have to agree with most of what you said. The "Gigs" are basically all the same and become extremely boring after you did every type of Gig 2 or 3 times. The more i played the game the more i became frustrated about it not letting me interact with anything in the world. You basically can't do anything with the gangs other that the few times where you meet them in the main story. There are no consequences. You can just kill 50 people, run 500m away and the police completely forgot what happened. Also police spawning in around you is also just stupid. And i quickly found out how op mantis blades are (literally 1hit the last boss on normal difficulty...)

That being said, the writing and the main story were extremely good imo. There were so many hard choices in the end. I mostly enjoyed the game for the main story and that's about it.

I think most of the stuff we're complaining about was in the game at some point, but got cut due to time constraints and will be patched in with "DLC" later.

All in all, i still like the game, but i'm glad i only paid 20€ for it...

(Going back to playing Witcher 3 now for the 10th time or so ;))

I don't have the game.