Someone in China overclocked a 2006 Celeron to 8.3 Ghz as reported to hwBot

WillyW

Summary

User ivanqu0208 from China overclocked a Intel Celeron D 347 to 8362.21 mhz with what looks like a paper cup and ln2, and a Asus P5E64 WS Professional motherboard. While he didn't achieve the world record for that processor nor absolute highest CPU overclock, it was an impressive effort.

Quotes

As impressive as 8,362.21MHz is out of a 14-year-old CPU, it’s not even the world record. According to HWBot, ivanqu0208’s overclock ranks in second place. The top overclock for the Celeron D 347, at 8,516.17MHz, was submitted by Chinese overclocker wytiwx back in 2013.

My thoughts

With the given shortages of all things gaming processors, now might be the best time to browse on eBay and find some old hardware to try to overclock.

Sources

Gizmodo article

HWBot

Techspot

i3zrkh.png

image_id_2432604.jpeg

image_id_2432605.jpeg

Well gaming doesn’t really need the ghz that much more the cores and threads 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

" Ah, just chillin in the office, with an LN2 pot, overclocking my celeron 347, had to cool down my kool aid so i popped it in the LN2 pot for a minute, you can see it in the picture. Hope my manager doesn't see, you better not tell him."

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

10 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Well gaming doesn’t really need the ghz that much more the cores and threads 

oooother way around, usaully today most games only use 2-4 cores max, unless its a strategy game with alot going on

Arh Celeron D. I remember you well. Not able to play any game. Now who is laughing now, eh?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

4 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Arh Celeron D. I remember you well. Not able to play any game. Now who is laughing now, eh?

cooooooooooorrect, any celeron today cant even run games.

3 minutes ago, mahyar said:

thats what i call a golden sample

yes

2 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

LN2 pot is for rich pretentious overclockers. LN2 cup is the new stonks.

he still has a pot, you can see it, for some reason he just decided to place a cup in the pot, I think this man is just such an extreme chad that he decided to cool his kool aid down in the LN2 pot. 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Ah, I think I know what he did. He used the cup as a funnel, so he can more easily pour LN into the pot which is usually quite narrow.

Pretty cool, still don't think it would perform well. Ghz aren't everything

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Sandro Linux said:

Pretty cool, still don't think it would perform well. Ghz aren't everything

I mean, these Celeron Ds were total shit even back in the day as its cache setup really sucked. That combined with the terribleness of the Netburst architecture means that you're struggling to compete against Pentium IIIs from 1999... probably even at 8GHz.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

What the hell does that person work with, or where to be able to do this in the office? :P 

2 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

I mean, these Celeron Ds were total shit even back in the day as its cache setup really sucked. That combined with the terribleness of the Netburst architecture means that you're struggling to compete against Pentium IIIs from 1999... probably even at 8GHz.

Yeah as I said GHZs is not all

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, ComputerBuilder said:

oooother way around, usaully today most games only use 2-4 cores max, unless its a strategy game with alot going on

Or unless it's onoptimized crap or graphical but that won't run anything modern really

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

2 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

" Ah, just chillin in the office, with an LN2 pot, overclocking my celeron 347, had to cool down my kool aid so i popped it in the LN2 pot for a minute, you can see it in the picture. Hope my manager doesn't see, you better not tell him."

The standard grey office cubicle layout is what gets me the most.

gHz DoEsNt MeAn AnYtHiNg. Overclocking to this level was so much harder on older hardware, you would have to set the voltage to a extreme levels, set FSB low to begin with then hope that windows boots then start overclocking using SetFSB. They used to make such a big fuss out LN2 overclocking too, I remember seeing massive LN2 tanks brought into events for overclocking stuff.  Now the local ice cream shop has a tank full of LN2 for making icecream.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

gHz DoEsNt MeAn AnYtHiNg. Overclocking to this level was so much harder on older hardware, you would have to set the voltage to a extreme levels, set FSB low to begin with then hope that windows boots then start overclocking using SetFSB. They used to make such a big fuss out LN2 overclocking too, I remember seeing massive LN2 tanks brought into events for overclocking stuff.  Now the local ice cream shop has a tank full of LN2 for making icecream.

Didn't say it wasn't impressive nor that GHz is just a number it still means but the way I read it is that OP mean since new CPUs are hard to get you should get this that is not what you should do

Reminder⚠️

It was the pinnacle of Netburst, of course they managed it. Only Bulldozer could compete with it when it came to LN2 clock speeds.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

bois i found a video in russian i can read it. it says that they overclocked a fx to 10.2ghz and when playing pubg it hits 900fps max

7 hours ago, Spindel said:

What the hell does that person work with, or where to be able to do this in the office? :P 

8 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

ou can see it in the picture. Hope my manager doesn't see, you better not tell him."

ok It looks like a asus office one the cubical beside the test is a rog sweatshirt.

also in that cubical you can see some sort of asus inventory tag on a back of a monitor

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang