Q flash plus on Aorus x570 I pro wifi

Hi, I'm finally changing out my CPU and motherboard after about 5 years on x99. I've bought a new Ryzen 5800x and x570 I Aorus pro wifi but am having some problems updating the bios to support the cpu using the q flash plus system.

These are the steps I'm following:

• Downloading the latest bios files and extracting them onto a clean fat32 usb drive
  • Renaming the .31o file as "GIGABYTE.bin"
  • Plugging the usb drive into the white usb for bios slot on the mobo
  • Plugging both 24 pin mobo and 8pin CPU connectors in from the power supply
  • Switching the power supply on and pressing the q flash plus button

From what I understand this should turn the motherboard and psu fans and lights on aswell as start flashing the q flash light.

None of this is happening for me but the activity light on the memory stick is flashing and has been for the last hour which makes me think that it's at least getting power and trying to read the stick.

If anyone has any suggestions or experience with this board and/or q flash plus I'd be very grateful for any insight on how I can get this to work.

TLDNR: I know nothing.  call a rep.

To answer this question one would have to have that motherboard AND have used the qflash, which is a sort of emergency feature.  Not going to be a lot of people.  This sounds like a rep question.  I personally would be calling aorus in this situation. 

GL though :)

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I used the q flash system on an AORUS X570 ELITE and the only different thing I've done compared to you is that i named the file "gigabyte.bin", I also did it without the cpu and ram installed.

Also make sure that the usb drive is fat32, I tried with exFAT and it didn't work

• 3 months later...

I have the same exact CPU and MoBo combination. Same problem. The stick is being read for a few seconds but then nothing happens. Did you ever resolve this issue? Gigabyte isn't very helpful.

I have also tried with and without CPU/Memory/GPU installed. Basically almost every configuration imaginable when it comes to USB stick, filesystem, hardware config.... 

• 7 months later...

Hey man, I got that exactly same mobo with a 5600g, and I'm having the same issue... Seems like after trying 6 pen drives I found one that might work... Seems to be flashing right now. I think you need to have look with the pen drives.... I'll update here after I see if it works. PS.: I got this mobo from a openbox in my country, it was a good deal.

update: being like this for the last 10 minutes... :

https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_x570-features.pdf?v=fbcc1712de6386973f9deb10ece761cf

The guide instructs you to use Q-Flash Plus WITHOUT the CPU in the socket in order to update the main BIOS, have you attempted that?

System Specs: (Click Expand)                                              

"Beatrix"

• CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D
  • Motherboard GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS Pro Wi-Fi
  • RAM 2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200mhz CL16
  • GPU Gigabyte Eagle RX 6700XT
  • Case Corsair Crystal 280x
  • Storage 1x Samsung 980 Pro (1TB) 1x Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500GB) 1x Samsung 860 Evo (1TB)
  • PSU EVGA G5 850W
  • Display(s) 27" Viewsonic XG2705
  • Cooling Corsair H100i Elite Capellix AIO | 4x QL120 RGB fans | 2x QL140 RGB fans
  • Keyboard Logitech G Pro
  • Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed /w Powerplay
  • Sound Logitech G Pro Wired
  • Operating System Windows 10 Professional 21H1