Can Linux users be part of PC master race?

I can see the warning point hammer off in the distance

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, whm1974 said:

What is the point of these threads you keep starting?

The reason I made this thread is I was actually curious, if people who use Unix like systems could join the PC Master Race subreddit

Just now, GoodEnough said:

i mean it depends since linux os is also available on phones.. so like..

True, the pine phone and Librem 5 run full Linux

Just now, GoodEnough said:

i mean it depends since linux os is also available on phones.. so like..

Just feeding the troll

It's like having a quad bike in a car race basically. "It has four wheels so can i enter?" 

That being said, windows phone is also windows so lumia's are in pc master race too?

Current Rig:

Mobo - MSI B450 Pro-Max VDH | CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 (AMD duh) | GPU - GTX 1660 Super (MSI) | WAM - 2 x 8GB 3200MHz (G.SKILLS Ripjaws)Storage - 1 x 256GB SSD (Crucial MX500) + 1 x 2TB | HDD 7200RPM (Seagate Barracuda) | PSU - Cooler Master 450W | Case - Cooler Master Q300L | Display - Asus VP248QG (Main) + AOC 24B1W1 | Other Stuff - Bloody B120 (Keyboard) + HP X220 Gaming Mouse + Asus A541UJ (Laptop)

Just now, Member of PC master race said:

The reason I made this thread is I was actually curious, if people who use Unix like systems could join the PC Master Race subreddit

Why don't you ask them? Since their are plenty of games on Linux, the answer is YES.

Just now, MigasTigas said:

It's like having a quad bike in a car race basically. "It has four wheels so can i enter?" 

That being said, windows phone is also windows so lumia's are in pc master race too?

the linux os thats on phones is the same exact os thats on pc, the phone will literally think its a pc

1 minute ago, GoodEnough said:

the linux os thats on phones is the same exact os thats on pc, the phone will literally think its a pc

Not exactly the same but very close except from the UI

2 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

True, phones are basically pocket pc's at this moment

1 minute ago, Member of PC master race said:

Yeah, i dare to say the kernel is the same, UI changes according to manufactor

Current Rig:

Mobo - MSI B450 Pro-Max VDH | CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 (AMD duh) | GPU - GTX 1660 Super (MSI) | WAM - 2 x 8GB 3200MHz (G.SKILLS Ripjaws)Storage - 1 x 256GB SSD (Crucial MX500) + 1 x 2TB | HDD 7200RPM (Seagate Barracuda) | PSU - Cooler Master 450W | Case - Cooler Master Q300L | Display - Asus VP248QG (Main) + AOC 24B1W1 | Other Stuff - Bloody B120 (Keyboard) + HP X220 Gaming Mouse + Asus A541UJ (Laptop)

where-are-the-mods.jpg

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, Member of PC master race said:

well there are phone that run full fleged desktop distros like manjaro

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

2 minutes ago, MigasTigas said:

Yeah, i dare to say the kernel is the same, UI changes according to manufactor

With Linux Phones, it depends on the distro

1 minute ago, mahyar said:

well there are phone that run full fleged desktop distros like manjaro

Yeah but the UI looks different in some aspects

2 minutes ago, Member of PC master race said:

Yeah but the UI looks different in some aspects

well UI in linux means little to nothing because like windows its not a constant anyway they can run arm linux apps

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

where-are-the-mods.jpg

Oh they're here, just polishing the banhammer

Current Rig:

Why does it matter?

Yes because Linux and BSD are desktop OSes too

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, alabistyr said:

Why does it matter?

Because I do not know if people who use Linux should be in PC Master Race Subreddit

9 minutes ago, Member of PC master race said:

Because I do not know if people who use Linux should be in PC Master Race Subreddit

Ok jokes aside, this is my opinion about your question, i'm no expert on the matter so i might be wrong in some aspects.

The majority of games don't work in pure linux unless you do some magic to make it work, so my opinion is it is not. To be in the pc master race the devs would need to also publish games for unix distros also, that sometimes they forget/dont care due to "lack of users"

I see linux as more of a working side than gaming side. I remember using Ubuntu for molecular simulations because the os it was less resource intensive than windows so more performance of the renders.

Linux is more broadly used in servers and programing where you have to you the raw power of your hardware that often windows don't offer. 

Also the free open source is a huge plus for those who need to be constantly changing stuff either in the hardware or correct something to make the program or hardware better/faster

Again im not an expert in the topic so i might be wrong

Current Rig:

Firstly, the PCMR is a meme and who is and isn't part of it does not matter.

Secondly, PC stands for Personal Computer: nothing to do with operating systems.

Thirdly, Linux gaming in 2020 is good enough for plenty of Linux gamers, myself included. Lutris works great, and Steam's Proton does too. ProtonDB will solve most of your issues with the latter if you have them.

Lastly, and most importantly, the PCMR is a meme and who is and isn't part of it does not matter.

5 minutes ago, MigasTigas said:

Ok jokes aside, this is my opinion about your question, i'm no expert on the matter so i might be wrong in some aspects.

The majority of games don't work in pure linux unless you do some magic to make it work, so my opinion is it is not. To be in the pc master race the devs would need to also publish games for unix distros also, that sometimes they forget/dont care due to "lack of users"

I see linux as more of a working side than gaming side. I remember using Ubuntu for molecular simulations because the os it was less resource intensive than windows so more performance of the renders.

Linux is more broadly used in servers and programing where you have to you the raw power of your hardware that often windows don't offer. 

Also the free open source is a huge plus for those who need to be constantly changing stuff either in the hardware or correct something to make the program or hardware better/faster

Again im not an expert in the topic so i might be wrong

I think it is quite good for Gaming and as you said it does not require that many resources