Is $300 a good price for a 1080 Strix

CFG_101

I'm able to get a used 1080 Strix for $300 shipped.  It sounds like a good deal especially with the GPU shortage right now but I wanted a second opinion.  It looks in great physical condition. 

yeah sounds good... maybe try to test it if possible, if not then it still sounds like a good deal. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I would wait and pay 100 bucks more for a 3060 TI which also has better features, warranty and longer support. You can also check if RX 5700(xt) or 2070(super) is on sale for around that price.

8 hours ago, Gaires said:

I would wait and pay 100 bucks more for a 3060 TI which also has better features, warranty and longer support. You can also check if RX 5700(xt) or 2070(super) is on sale for around that price.

I would but I'm already spending more than I intended.  Ideally I'd get the 3060 but it just wouldn't work out.  Thank you though!

Ask what it was used for...

make sure wasnt a mining card.

Just be aware you ask about usage and overclocks but they can lie. Try and get to confirmation in writing in email.

Also ask for him to show a video of the card installed in a system with it running listen for abnormal fan noise make sure video also  shows a stress test with few mins playing a video game or running a benchmark not just desktop.