Are the Sony made 7506 headphones good for gaming

Grungble

I was thinking of getting the Sony mdr7506 but I would mainly use them for gaming I’ve tried them in before for music production, but never for gaming. So my question is would these be a good pair of headphones for gaming (and I have an external mic so that isn’t a problem for me)?

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B000AJIF4E/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Sony+headphones+wired&qid=1600995966&s=amazon-devices&sr=1-4 That’s the link for them

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

End of the day it comes down to being able to wear it comfortably for over a hour and it being studio headphone, I can't see why not, plus I believe those are on the flat side of things, go to town with the EQ if needed

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

51 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

I actually own a pair of these and they're quite good for the games I play, mainly Source engine games and various racing games. 

What games in question are you planning on playing?

I play Shooters but I think I do listen to music sometimes, but I do think I'll get these, I've tried them on and love them I also have a friend who records music at studios and these are the headphones he always sees these at studios.

I'm new to Photography but enjoy it. I also run a Pentax *ist-DL mainly with a 18-55mm lens. I also have a 50-200 mm Pentax lens, and a Pentax 50 lens that is all it says.

7 hours ago, Grungble said:

play Shooters but I think I do listen to music sometimes, but I do think I'll get these, I've tried them on and love them I also have a friend who records music at studios and these are the headphones he always sees these at studios

Didn't try the Sonys so take with a chunk of salt.

I have been looking at Beyer DT770s and AKG K371s, both are compared to the 7506, so may be worth throwing into the mix.

9 hours ago, Grungble said:

I was thinking of getting the Sony mdr7506 but I would mainly use them for gaming I’ve tried them in before for music production, but never for gaming. So my question is would these be a good pair of headphones for gaming (and I have an external mic so that isn’t a problem for me)?

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B000AJIF4E/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Sony+headphones+wired&qid=1600995966&s=amazon-devices&sr=1-4 That’s the link for them

I'd stay away from sony, don't have enough punch in general with their music stuff.

2 hours ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

I'd stay away from sony, don't have enough punch in general with their music stuff.

I've tried them on and I like this pair of headphones so I think I'll just get them

8 hours ago, Grungble said:

I've tried them on and I like this pair of headphones so I think I'll just get them

Good for you, go for it. I just feel they are a bit flat, I am thinking is just the overall design since they're software and SDDS do the same thing. Good for fast-pace, fast pace exercise-running musics. Electric ones. Even so I still feel they don't have enough punch to hit those extra emotion a music convey to you(excluding certain type such as rap) even with those work-out ones as EOTT. Though Eye of the Tiger is more an specific super motivational patriotic to yourself for yourself kind(genra) of music.