Windows 10 on a GA-970A-UD3 rev. 1.2 ?

Plate

*This is 3rd post of mine and I come here very rarely, so I apologise, if I submitted this topic to the wrong  "category" :( *

Hello.

In a near future, when I buy myself a new SSD, I want to finally switch from Windows 7 to  Windows 10. But, I have read that my motherboard (in title) doesn't support it, and I rather want to ask more knowledgable people than to do it myself and risk problems occuring (I'm unable to install back my windows 7, since I don't have any media nor an .iso to install it from in case of issues, hence this topic). Thank you in advance for your help. :)

You need Windows 7 64bit drivers.  If Windows 7 64bit works, then you can likely run Windows 10.

The driver architecture between the two OS is very similar.  Not everything works, but but most of it will.

Home PC: Apple M1 Mini, 16gb, 1TB, 10Gig-E.  Adobe CC and Ripping things + Daily stuff.

Gaming PC: Ryzen 7 5800x, 32GB, Nvidia RTX 3080Ti stuffed into a Corsair 380T.

Asgard the FreeNAS Plex Server: AMD EPYC 7443p 24 Core, SuperMicro H12SSL-CT Mobo, 256GB DDR4 3200mhz, Norco 4224 Rack Mount. 100TB+ TrueNAS Core.

Toys:

2017 Focus RS | Frozen White | Daily Driver

1989 Pontiac TransAm | GM Triple White | Heads/Cammed LT1 + T56 swap | Suspension goodies up the wazoo. | HPDE Weekend Warrior toy.

28 minutes ago, Plate said:

*This is 3rd post of mine and I come here very rarely, so I apologise, if I submitted this topic to the wrong  "category" :( *

Hello.

In a near future, when I buy myself a new SSD, I want to finally switch from Windows 7 to  Windows 10. But, I have read that my motherboard (in title) doesn't support it, and I rather want to ask more knowledgable people than to do it myself and risk problems occuring (I'm unable to install back my windows 7, since I don't have any media nor an .iso to install it from in case of issues, hence this topic). Thank you in advance for your help. :)

windows 10 will run perfectly fine on that hardware, all the drivers for windows 7 are still compatible with windows 10.

Newer hardware can have backward compatibility issues, the opposite is rarely the case. Proceed.

You have FX-8350? 6300?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

19 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

windows 10 will run perfectly fine on that hardware, all the drivers for windows 7 are still compatible with windows 10.

Newer hardware can have backward compatibility issues, the opposite is rarely the case. Proceed.

You have FX-8350? 6300?

3 minutes ago, Plate said:

so long as you have a graphics card because the FX6300 don't have onboard graphics, and at least 6 GB of RAM you're all set.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

so long as you have a graphics card because the FX6300 carry no onboard graphics, and at least 6 GB of RAM you're all set.

Yes and yes. So I should just easily get the windows intallation media on a thumb drive and install as normal, right? No need of extra tinkering in BIOS or such? 

You can even just do a straight in-place upgrade.

Use the USB Media Creation Tool to download the ISO.

Mount the ISO.

setup.exe /auto upgrade /dynamicupdate enable /showoobe none

Execute that from an Admin CMD prompt and it'll upgrade without asking a single question while getting all the latest updates.

If you want to add extra drivers you can unzip those drivers (standard INF style drivers) to a folder say c:\Drivers.  You can have c:\drivers\gfxcard, ...\sound ...\insertrandomhardwarethinghere.

Then you execute it with the "/installdrivers [rootpath to drivers folder]"

setup.exe /auto upgrade /dynamicupdate enable /showoobe none /installdrivers c:\drivers

It'll recurse through "C:\Drivers" and all its sub-folders to find all the files.  This usually works best if you have an OEM like Dell where you can just download a driver CAB that has every driver for the system.

Home PC: Apple M1 Mini, 16gb, 1TB, 10Gig-E.  Adobe CC and Ripping things + Daily stuff.

Gaming PC: Ryzen 7 5800x, 32GB, Nvidia RTX 3080Ti stuffed into a Corsair 380T.

Asgard the FreeNAS Plex Server: AMD EPYC 7443p 24 Core, SuperMicro H12SSL-CT Mobo, 256GB DDR4 3200mhz, Norco 4224 Rack Mount. 100TB+ TrueNAS Core.

Toys:

2017 Focus RS | Frozen White | Daily Driver

1989 Pontiac TransAm | GM Triple White | Heads/Cammed LT1 + T56 swap | Suspension goodies up the wazoo. | HPDE Weekend Warrior toy.