I Rate his PC Skills F- - ROG RIG Reboot 2020 (SPONSORED)

JonoT

Another year of ROG Rig Reboot and another year of Linus "helping" the winner build a PC with him. Ethan made sure it was a memorable experience.

Thanks to ASUS ROG and TUF for sponsoring today's video! Check out the past winners for ROG Rig Reboot and more at https://bit.ly/3gyovBv

Check out Ethan's entry at
https://youtu.be/Y2LRYWDC6j0

Apparently I'm not the only one who uses a piano as a computer desk...

1837837202_P2080139b-Stephen@Hamilton167714-2020-06-270910-FZ1000-3840x2160.thumb.jpg.fde04c7bd74e8808b5936d482e66c221.jpg

A few more pics & a video in spoiler...

Spoiler

IMG_20200630_230415_b.thumb.jpg.3555489a4ed58b137bbd732e473478dd.jpg

662697575_PianoKeyboardOverheadlidopen(picA-3840x2160).thumb.jpg.b1e5c08ab23e25fe9b809be8bc39098a.jpg

IMG_20200404_135511.thumb.jpg.99245cbec3967b02f705bc10e8957200.jpg

IMG_20180216_140838979_HDR.thumb.jpg.aac20a760d602975a6ace5f3e3e61d37.jpg

Okay the video is a bit cringe, so I decide to nest it in another spoiler...  (has me talking about a few things I was doing, and playing a few songs while comparing the sound / noise levels of PC on vs off)

Spoiler

Are you SURE? 😲

Spoiler

The maybe-a-little-tiny-bit-less-cringe part is from 5:22 to 12:51

I wonder if his piano is functional though...

Oh, and I can't forget the obligatory...

Spoiler
Spoiler

#HireMadisonAndEmmaAndAlsoJuliaFromNCIX♥

#HireMadisonAndEmmaAndAlsoJuliaFromNCIX♥

Linus actually said in a WAN show Madison applied and he turned her down, I think. Rather unprofesh to talk about stuff like that publicly IMO. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

People loved Madison because she genuinely wanted to drive Linus insane, this guy on the other hand genuinely had no idea what to do.

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

Linus actually said in a WAN show Madison applied and he turned her down, I think.

Just because "we the people" wanted her doesn't mean she had the skills for a job at LTT. Plus it was the opening of her video that she admitted to applying for a job.

31 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

People loved Madison because she genuinely wanted to drive Linus insane, this guy on the other hand genuinely had no idea what to do.

Just because "we the people" wanted her doesn't mean she had the skills for a job at LTT. Plus it was the opening of her video that she admitted to applying for a job.

I pass no judgement on her qualifications, I'm not in a position to. I just think it's not very cool to talk about decisions to hire or not hire people the audience knows. I'm sure Linus didn't mean anything malicious by it I just cringed a bit. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

I just think it's not very cool to talk about decisions to hire or not hire people the audience knows. I'm sure Linus didn't mean anything malicious by it I just cringed a bit. 

Unless he stated it before the initial video or she reapplied it's something she willingly talked about (and likely agreed upon before/after) on camera. Plus we don't know the agreement she likely signed off on to be on LTT for the contest. I know you remove rights to your video for use on LTT videos current and future, so there could be more beyond that, like anything you say or do on camera can be used in the video.

I think having Madison do an internship for a week or something would be fun.
If they do, I feel for Linus.

He would be going crazy after the week.

elephants

6 hours ago, Middcore said:

Linus actually said in a WAN show Madison applied and he turned her down, I think. Rather unprofesh to talk about stuff like that publicly IMO. 

I think she's okay with it.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I think she's okay with it.

So he did bring it up on a wan show. (I don't watch it anymore)

Tho now I'm wondering, who is trolling who now? Because I can't tell lol.

I am happy she's still applying because one day she may just get in. I know one thing, if she does get hired LTT will never be the same if her video is anything to go based off of, and that might actually be a good thing.

• 4 months later...