Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PC not waking from sleep from mouse or keyboard??

So I built my PC and whenever my PC goes to sleep I have to wake it by pressing the power button. It will not wake up from moving/clicking the mouse or keyboard. I checked the power management settings under device management and they both checked to wake from sleep. Not sure why its doing this.

Wake form sleep by touching keyboard or mouse is a setting if that setting is off it won’t do it.  Is the machine set to wake from keyboard or mouse action?

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

49 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Wake form sleep by touching keyboard or mouse is a setting if that setting is off it won’t do it.  Is the machine set to wake from keyboard or mouse action?

Yes it is

5 hours ago, syntactual said:

Did you also check that resume from usb devices is enabled BIOS settings?

This was the fix. Thank you.

6 hours ago, Mercuryaces said:

Yes it is

??  Later you said it wasn’t.  Doesn’t matter I guess.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

??  Later you said it wasn’t.  Doesn’t matter I guess.

So there is a setting within Windows itself that i had checked that enables wake from sleep with mouse.keyboard. But I was unaware there was a separate setting within BIOS.

3 hours ago, Mercuryaces said:

So there is a setting within Windows itself that i had checked that enables wake from sleep with mouse.keyboard. But I was unaware there was a separate setting within BIOS.

Ah.