R5 3600 105 Load with NZXT AIO

Im getting 105c temps reading in hwinfo when doing an occt stress test, in a few seconds it goes from idle state of 60c to 105 with an aio, I have the kraken m22, I have tryed remounting and reapplying thermal paste twice, im not sure if my cpu is a dud or the cooler? My brother has an also identical system (case cpu cooler) and gets around 40 -50c undr stress tests?

Can you verify your pump is running? How much thermal paste did you use? That cooler should be enough for a 3600 if its working properly.

I had a 3600 with an evga clc 240, and I idled in the 28-32c range. In stress tests it would max at 68-70c with a 4.4ghz OC. gaming loads would only be around 50c.

I would go into bios and set your pump and cpu fan to 100% to verify. You could also temporarily unplug the cpu fan to make sure you hear the pump running. 

Another idea is you could swap coolers with your brother if you live together and see what the result is.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x | MB: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 | Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600mhz CL16 @ 3800 CL16 | GPU: EVGA 2070 Super Black | Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 with Arctic P12 fans | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 GA | Storage: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe SSD | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14 Redux, 4x Arctic P12 (including the 2 on rad) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C with dark tint tempered glass | Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Lite | Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate | Monitor: 27" Samsung Odyssey G7 | Speakers: JVC SP-UX7000 in cherry | No RGB except the pump block is set to white. Motherboard lighting is OFF.

This is it in a non stress test, but I did the stress test just a minute ago so it reads max temp 106, thats what it got to

Desktop Screenshot 2020.12.11 - 17.52.54.97.png

4 minutes ago, atm0706 said:

Can you verify your pump is running? that cooler should be enough for a 3600 if its working properly.

I had a 3600 with an evga clc 240, and I idled in the 28-32c range. In stress tests it would max at 68-70c. gaming loads would only be around 50c.

this is idle, just google and discord

Are fans spinning, is the pump runnning? Checx thosu first.

If they anu ok you have a bad cooler mount. Not tight, not enough thermal paste on some combination of it.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Something is definitely going on. I would try and swap coolers with your brother since they are the same. If you have the same temps after that, you know its not the cooler. If temps go down, its the cooler. Thats the easiest way to check.

Are you overclocked with voltage raised? I see the max cpu package power was 124W which is way high for a stock 3600. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x | MB: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 | Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600mhz CL16 @ 3800 CL16 | GPU: EVGA 2070 Super Black | Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 with Arctic P12 fans | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 GA | Storage: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe SSD | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14 Redux, 4x Arctic P12 (including the 2 on rad) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C with dark tint tempered glass | Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Lite | Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate | Monitor: 27" Samsung Odyssey G7 | Speakers: JVC SP-UX7000 in cherry | No RGB except the pump block is set to white. Motherboard lighting is OFF.

4 minutes ago, atm0706 said:

Something is definitely going on. I would try and swap coolers with your brother since they are the same. If you have the same temps after that, you know its not the cooler. If temps go down, its the cooler. Thats the easiest way to check.

Are you overclocked with voltage raised? I see the max cpu package power was 124W which is way high for a stock 3600. 

Same voltage the boost clock is normal no overclock, I usually have around 80 watts for a stress test idk what happened there

5 minutes ago, atm0706 said:

Thank you, I didn’t think of that, let me see if I can convince my brother to do that :)

1 minute ago, therealjaro said:

Thank you, I didn’t think of that, let me see if I can convince my brother to do that :)

If he's a good brother he'll help you! Make sure you dont use too much thermal paste. I apologize if this is obvious, but not everyone knows. This video has a few methods, I prefer the single dot method at about the 2:30 mark.

5 minutes ago, atm0706 said:

If he's a good brother he'll help you! Make sure you dont use too much thermal paste. I apologize if this is obvious, but not everyone knows. This video has a few methods, I prefer the single dot method at about the 2:30 mark.

Yes it is :) I have Arctic  mx4 and use that method! I’m not sure about the cooler swap but I’ll be optimistic 

49 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Are fans spinning, is the pump runnning? Checx thosu first.

If they anu ok you have a bad cooler mount. Not tight, not enough thermal paste on some combination of it.

I had a broken mount a got a new one, no difference, I’ve reapplied thermal paste twice

106c !! 😮 Gezus!!

Pull the stock cooler out and put it on your Cpu. Your temps will be significantly lower.

Then box the AIO up and send it back for a refund.

Then buy a fancy RGB heat sink. With heat pipes. And a fan.

30 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

106c !! 😮 Gezus!!

Pull the stock cooler out and put it on your Cpu. Your temps will be significantly lower.

Then box the AIO up and send it back for a refund.

Then buy a fancy RGB heat sink. With heat pipes. And a fan.

Lol, I asked for a replacement backplate 3 months ago and I get an email today saying they still don’t have it, I really dislike nzxt right now, I will once I know it’s the cooler, I had problems with temps on different coolers before, when I changed from stock to aio there was no temp difference

24 minutes ago, therealjaro said:

when I changed from stock to aio there was no temp difference

Bingo. 

Get back plate from fleabay. Gotta be less than 10 bucks man. Could have one in a few days.....

24 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Bingo. 

Get back plate from fleabay. Gotta be less than 10 bucks man. Could have one in a few days.....

I’ve checked no backplate for this specific cooler