Does removing 2 pin connector from IEM while the cable is connected to 3.5mm source will damage IEM?

Ishit Singh
Go to solution Solved by HenrySalayne,
1 hour ago, Ishit Singh said:

I was worried because I thought anything that makes an electrical current flow could be damage if it's not disconnected properly

No. For outlets and other stuff, yes, but headphones need almost no power to work (Milliwatts).

As the title says, I removed 2 pin connector of my IEM after noticing that I connected left side to right iem and right to left. I removed 2 pin connector of my IEM without noticing they were still connected to my laptop.

I'm afraid that I might've damaged them because they were connected to a power source (Laptop 3.5mm jack)

My IEM is TRN BA5

28 minutes ago, HenrySalayne said:

No.

I was worried because I thought anything that makes an electrical current flow could be damage if it's not disconnected properly

1 hour ago, Ishit Singh said:

No. For outlets and other stuff, yes, but headphones need almost no power to work (Milliwatts).

As Henry said, you are very unlikely to have damaged your headphones in any way. Is it technically possible? I mean, yah, but then again, so is surviving a 33,000 ft freefall without a parachute. Unless you shorted a massive power supply through them (which a laptop wont put out), the chances are basically just nil, and if you did, it should be pretty obvious from their sound. Balanced armature drivers are realistically pretty damned resilient. Thats why you can hear your grandmas hearing aids screech from across the room as she brushes the mic pickup with her purse without them ever being damaged.