1440p144 or 4k60, has anyone here experienced both?

sparkchomp

I just bought the lg gl850. It’s a good monitor with some backlight bleeding/IPS glow. I play PC and PS5 games. PC games look good. But PS5 games look a bit off, even when downscaled from 4K. 

I am thinking about returning it and going for a 4K monitor. But I just cant play CoD and FPS games at 60Hx. It feels a little slow. 

I can manage 30 FPS in some games but when comes to fast paced shooters like CoD even 60 FPS feels slow.

what should I do?

Does anyone have a dual set up 1440p and a 4K monitor? How do you feel about it?

having played on a 4k and 1440p display, the experience is far superior on the 144Hz 1440p display. Not just shooters but the general gaming experience feels a lot better with the smoothness, and 1440p on a 27" display or thereabouts looks damn fine anyway

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

i have, get the 1440p monitor in 27'' if its for your PC and get a 4K 60inch TV if it's for your living room...anyone saying otherwise isn't right.

That said, personally this time around 3 or 4 years later since i bought my monitor, this time i would hunt down an ultrawide 3440x1440p

Ultrawide support  with games natively was poor back then and monitors were A LOT more expensive (i paid 900$CAD for my monitor and ultra wide equivalent but 100hz was 1699$)

I use the 4K 28'' monitor that my office provided as a secondary display...it's 60hz and i tried gaming on it and it's absolute garbage...night and day compared with a gaming monitor...and i don't like it either for work because everything is SO FKN SMALL...and mind you im 38 but my vision is perfect...and in autocad it's a nightmare to use and...it's trash basically. Told them not to buy that crap but they did anyway.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Well...sorry for my previous post i did not realized you already bought a 1440p gaming monitor...but that means you got my unbiased opinion about the whole thing 😛

it's quite possible that some of the settings for your monitor should be changed when playing the PS5 on it?

i'm not an expert on that end tho, i only use my PC on mine because the sucker is so old now it used the gsync module and only has 1 display port and that's it...

can't hook any HDMI stuff it in to test.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR