I need help with something related to case fans

Ian2050

So my question might be stupid but I don't want to mess up my build when I buy the things. So lets say I want to go with this motherboard but I am also going with the h210=2 fans + the nzxt x53=2 more fans so my question is where do you plug the fans in the motherboard, how many fans does my motherboard support and do I need a fan controller?

You'll just need a fan splitter which is cheap.

However I do not recommend going with that case. It has terrible airflow and thus everything runs a lot hotter. That and it's not smaller than far far better and cheaper micro atx cases. So save yourself some money and go micro atx and have the same size computer or get a proper mini itx system.

image.thumb.png.4a50be09a4567672b5e878f783652339.png

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

i prefer to put fans which 'share' a task (for example front fans, the fans on an aio, etc.) on a single header, because it makes no sense to ever make them spin different speeds anyways.

a fan splitter cable costs a few bucks off the shelf, some fans include splitters, and there's always the paperclip method if you truly are too cheap :D

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i prefer to put fans which 'share' a task (for example front fans, the fans on an aio, etc.) on a single header, because it makes no sense to ever make them spin different speeds anyways.

a fan splitter cable costs a few bucks off the shelf, some fans include splitters, and there's always the paperclip method if you truly are too cheap :D

how do you put two fans in a single header?

8 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Well I did watch a video about the Mac Pro and different fan speeds...

;)

1 minute ago, Ian2050 said:

how do you put two fans in a single header?

they make cables that plug into a header, and have 2-4 headers coming off them.

1 minute ago, thDel said:

Well I did watch a video about the Mac Pro and different fan speeds...

;)

crude guess: because one fan is primarily for cpu cooling, and the other for GPU cooling ;)

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

crude guess: because one fan is primarily for cpu cooling, and the other for GPU cooling ;)

Nah I was joking, you said that there was no reason but the Mac Pro does it for noise. Different speeds means the sound frequencies don’t amplify. 
In a seperate chain of thaught, someone could make a fan controller to do that in PCs.

3 minutes ago, thDel said:

Nah I was joking, you said that there was no reason but the Mac Pro does it for noise. Different speeds means the sound frequencies don’t amplify. 
In a seperate chain of thaught, someone could make a fan controller to do that in PCs.

your average pc fan has (in my unprofessional opinion) a big enough tolerance on their fan speeds that the chance for them to hit a matching frequency is essentially zero.

your average pc fan has (in my unprofessional opinion) a big enough tolerance on their fan speeds that the chance for them to hit a matching frequency is essentially zero.

So Apple marketing is bullshit as usual and there is no point?

dammit I was half way through filing a patent. ;)

Just now, thDel said:

So Apple marketing is bullshit as usual and there is no point?

dammit I was half way through filing a patent. ;)

there's always a point to their marketing, but it usually ends up being more a case of "finding a reason to overengineer something" than "overengineering something for a reason".

there's always a point to their marketing, but it usually ends up being more a case of "finding a reason to overengineer something" than "overengineering something for a reason".

I couldn’t agree more.