Running Cyberpunk at MAX SETTINGS!

CPotter

I wonder when 16K will be a thing?
We'll probably have to run it at 10Hz or something, but we'll have it.

elephants

Whew, that runs like elephants squared.

Also, it'd be kinda cool if this was on like.... Floatplane.

Still pretty funny that they did this DRM shit before launch. What a joke of a company for this botched game launch lol. Still pretty hilarous to see the Cyberpunk 2080ti and knowing even it would probably struggle to run this at Ultra/max settings at 1440p let alone 4k. 

So much for half a year of delays to optimize and a crunch, but hopefully people enjoy it.

3090 SLI for the desperate out there, although I can also see this running on a pair of watercooled k|ngp|n cards LOL I kind of feel lucky I avoided the 4K hype and stuck with a 3440x1440 monitor all these years.

Interesting fact about Beige PC cases.

Back when IBM were king and everyone was trying to clone the IBM PC architecture and the days when a PC was mainly used in businesses (because they were so damn expensive) Germany (still being half communist at the time) had laws in place governing what colour electronic devices in offices could and could not be. IBM deliberately choose Beige for everything so they wouldn't be stopped from selling computers in Germany and it just stuck around for WAAAY longer than it ever should have done. Later on IBM actually started adding labels to things not Beige that said "Not For Office Use" to try and skirt around the laws.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

9 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Still pretty funny that they did this DRM shit before launch.

Most players will buy it on Steam with DRM anyways so whats the difference?  Personally I bought it at GOG just to get away from all the DRM.

Spends 50k on tv and sytem.

"Look at that floor!"

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

DRM prior to public release is to secure the game and prevent it from being leaked and released before it's officially released on their store. As per GOG tradition, the game is without DRM on actual retail launch. I see nothing problematic or evil about that. Protected prior launch, DRM free for actual gamers afterwards.

Right after secret shopper...

"Sponsored by Origin PC!"

In other words:
"Our PCs aren't bad. Look! It can play Cyberpunk really well."

Game is def able to run if you turn some settings down (on PC anyways).  Once 3070's are actually available, this will be a good way to be able to play with nice visuals.

2080ti:

4k - RT medium (one step above "ultra") with DLSS on "quality" - 45-55 fps (not terrible with G sync)

4k - RT medium with DLSS on "performance" - 60-72 fps, looks fan-Fn-tastic IMO

3070 would be a perfect card for this game.

Unfortunately for consoles, its def a PCMR game right now though.

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

Hype train goes choochoooot

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

I appreciate that Linus only played around in basically two scenes, the streets and that shop. I was afraid of having anything spoiled, but it wasn't more than already presented in early trailers/previews.

Running 3840 x 1600 with RTX Ultra and max everything else (except motion blur obv.) DLSS to Quality.

EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra set to 2100MHz @ 1.0V with the 500W BIOS it thermal and power throttles down to 1950MHz

Getting around 75FPS most of the time with occasional drops to 60FPS.

A waterblock is going to improve this game dramatically, but it looks amazing. 

9900K  / Asus Maximus Formula XI / 32Gb G.Skill RGB 4266mHz / 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / EVGA 3090 FTW3.

2 loops : XSPC EX240 + 2x RX360 (CPU + VRMs) / EK Supremacy Evo & RX480 + RX360 (GPU) / Optimus W/B. 2 x D5 pumps / EK Res

8x NF-A2x25s, 14 NF-F12s and a Corsair IQ 140 case fan / CM HAF Stacker 945 / Corsair AX 860i

LG 38GL950G & Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Duckyshine 6 YOTR / Logitech G502 / Thrustmaster Warthog & TPR / Blue Yeti / Sennheiser HD599SE / Astro A40s

Valve Index, Knuckles & 2x Lighthouse V2

22 hours ago, CPotter said:

Out of curiosity has Linus ever played a game requiring a settings change in the last decade almost? Or has everyone at LTT did it for him out of fear he would somehow manage on dropping that too? At 12:50 in the video he's bragging about how he doesn't need to quit the game for such a feature, but I don't recall any game I've played in the last 10ish years needing that, maybe screen resolution but never other settings.

Lens Flare is snugging futs overkill like a Transformers movie.

Spoiler

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

17 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Out of curiosity has Linus ever played a game requiring a settings change in the last decade almost? Or has everyone at LTT did it for him out of fear he would somehow manage on dropping that too? At 12:50 in the video he's bragging about how he doesn't need to quit the game for such a feature, but I don't recall any game I've played in the last 10ish years needing that, maybe screen resolution but never other settings.

meh, depends on the game.  In playing around with the settings a lot in AC valhalla, it makes you completely come out of the game every time you change on of the major presets, and I believe some of the minor ones.  Completely back to desktop.  It is really annoying.  I think SOTTR might have been that way too if I recall correctly? (been a while since playing that one honestly)

More importantly for Linus,  Anno 1800 makes you do that, and its a game worth playing around with graphical settings as it can be very taxing on most GPUs.  And he has spent lots of time with that game.

I would give him a pass on it.  Ive encountered it in enough games I instantly knew what he was talking about and could relate to the frustration.

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

3 hours ago, Zberg said:

meh, depends on the game.  In playing around with the settings a lot in AC valhalla, it makes you completely come out of the game every time you change on of the major presets, and I believe some of the minor ones.  Completely back to desktop.  It is really annoying.  I think SOTTR might have been that way too if I recall correctly? (been a while since playing that one honestly)

More importantly for Linus,  Anno 1800 makes you do that, and its a game worth playing around with graphical settings as it can be very taxing on most GPUs.  And he has spent lots of time with that game.

I would give him a pass on it.  Ive encountered it in enough games I instantly knew what he was talking about and could relate to the frustration.

Ok, now name one game that isn't made by a crappy developer/publisher like Ubisoft 😜. Tho if SOTTR does it I guess that is one (I don't own it so I don't know).

I know what he was talking about it's just something I've not had to deal with since early to mid XP days.